Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-04-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Contract Maximum Limit Reach

What does this mean??....Just offered 2 contracts to 2 of my draft picks, I then go in to FA on July 1st to sign a few FA's I then get "Contract Maximum Limit Reach". How can I improve my team though FA's if I can't sign them?
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:36 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
What does this mean??....Just offered 2 contracts to 2 of my draft picks, I then go in to FA on July 1st to sign a few FA's I then get "Contract Maximum Limit Reach". How can I improve my team though FA's if I can't sign them?
In the NHL you are only allowed to have a maximum of 50 contracts signed in a season.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:54 PM   #3
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
In the NHL you are only allowed to have a maximum of 50 contracts signed in a season.
I will also add that you are only allowed 80 total spots in your organization; this number includes all contracts and rights. Thus, you cannot hoard tons of young prospects like the Montreal Canadiens did before the implementation of the NHL draft.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:42 PM   #4
Scoman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Is there somewhere that tells you the status of your teams current amount of signed contracts?,so you know where you stand.
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:49 PM   #5
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoman View Post
Is there somewhere that tells you the status of your teams current amount of signed contracts?,so you know where you stand.
If you click on Roster, one of the tabs should it be (I thing Contracts?).
Old 11-04-2016, 07:52 PM   #6
Scoman
All Star Starter

Quote:
If you click on Roster, one of the tabs should it be (I thing Contracts?).
Yes ,thank you
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:41 PM   #7
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

I am 99% certain I read in a forum post here that contracts that are 'sliding' don't count against your 50, which is accurate to reality.

A sliding contract is when you sign one of your 18 year old picks to a deal, but send him back to Juniors before he plays 9 games in the pros. It keeps his 3 year contract from starting. A contract can slide a max of 2 years (it can't go past the kid turning 20).
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:16 AM   #8
Mascht
Bat Boy

I have kind of the same problem...

I made a mistake in signing too many free agents and am now at 51 contracts. The only problem is I'm in mid-season and it won't let me buyout someone. Is there any solution to this problem?
Mascht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:02 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

It shouldn't have let you sign that 51st contract in the first place, that's odd. Did you just sign him, or was it like that for a while? As for fixing it, if you're playing in sandbox mode, you can enable commissioner mode and edit one of the contracts to release a player. If it's Path to Glory, you may be stuck - we might need to see the save to find out exactly what happened and if there's any way around it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:53 AM   #10
Mascht
Bat Boy

I just signed two players at the same time. Maybe that's the reason why it let me sign a 51st player. Unfortunately I play Path of Glory and like I said I am stuck.

What file do you need to see if you can fix it?
Old 12-08-2016, 02:59 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Should've still stopped the second one. We need the whole save folder (ending in .lg) zipped/rar'd up; there are instructions for uploading it to our ftp site here or you can put it on a file sharing site like filedropper.com or dropbox and send me the link.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:06 AM   #12
Mascht
Bat Boy

Do you really need the whole folder or are the .dat files enough?
I zipped all the .dat files and put my zip folder on your ftp.
It's called Mascht2.lg.zip

Please let me know if you need more files.

Thanks again for your help!
Old 12-10-2016, 10:39 AM   #13
Mascht
Bat Boy

Do you have any solutions yet?
Old 12-11-2016, 05:19 AM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

It looks like the roster limit check failed somehow and let you sign three players when you only had two sports left, but it's hard to tell where the counting went wrong. Going to have to investigate a little more to see why that happened, but I'll ask Malte if he can manually edit the save file for you to fix it so you can continue, since you're pretty far along in the game.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:48 AM   #15
Mascht
Bat Boy

It would be great if he could fix that problem. Maybe he is able to go back a few days in the game.
I got so many former first overall picks in my team, so I would really like to continue and see how those players progress.
Thank you!
Old 12-13-2016, 07:40 AM   #16
Mascht
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It looks like the roster limit check failed somehow and let you sign three players when you only had two sports left, but it's hard to tell where the counting went wrong. Going to have to investigate a little more to see why that happened, but I'll ask Malte if he can manually edit the save file for you to fix it so you can continue, since you're pretty far along in the game.
I don't know if you have received my PM, but to make sure I'm going to post it here as well:
I'm not sure who I contacted first, but the Inbox shows the negotiation updates in the following order: Bjerselius, Alexander, Fiske
Thank you very much for fixing my save file!
But I have one more question: When I started my Path to Glory game, I wanted my coach to dress and scratch the players, but after Maltes fix I have to dress the players and make the tactics on my own. Can you tell me where I can change that?
Old 12-13-2016, 09:37 AM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascht View Post
I don't know if you have received my PM, but to make sure I'm going to post it here as well:
I'm not sure who I contacted first, but the Inbox shows the negotiation updates in the following order: Bjerselius, Alexander, Fiske
Thank you very much for fixing my save file!
But I have one more question: When I started my Path to Glory game, I wanted my coach to dress and scratch the players, but after Maltes fix I have to dress the players and make the tactics on my own. Can you tell me where I can change that?
Ah, sorry, I got the PM and let Malte know the order, but missed the question at the end. Your coach actually should be handling that, since you're playing GM-only. If that's changed, something may have gone wrong because of the error; I don't think the small edit Malte made would've changed that. I would try playing out the season as it is right now; it may reset at the beginning of the next year (or firing your coach and re-hiring him, or somebody else, may switch it back to letting you only be the GM.)