Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-17-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

IFAs signing with a different league

It's IFA time and I've been trying to sign some players. However, they keep getting snapped up by *** teams somehow. I have Generate IFAs turned off for that league, I don't understand how they are able to sign IFAs that are generated for my league.

Edit: While I'm at it...is IFA signing super annoying for anyone else? Submit offer, get email. Wait a day, get email that offer has been raised. Submit new offer, get another email. Repeat.

Last edited by stealofhome; 05-17-2014 at 10:30 PM.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealofhome View Post
It's IFA time and I've been trying to sign some players. However, they keep getting snapped up by *** teams somehow. I have Generate IFAs turned off for that league, I don't understand how they are able to sign IFAs that are generated for my league.

Edit: While I'm at it...is IFA signing super annoying for anyone else? Submit offer, get email. Wait a day, get email that offer has been raised. Submit new offer, get another email. Repeat.
I noticed this too even though I elected the league to not generate any IFA.

I since made sure I also gave the league $0 for IFA signing bonus in the same setting.

Im not annoyed but the negotiating at all btw.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 05-17-2014 at 10:47 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #3
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Would you take the first low ball offer

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:14 PM   #4
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Rocks View Post
Would you take the first low ball offer
It's not that there is a back and forth, that's to be expected. It's the sheer amount of back and forth every day for over 3 months.

Edit: And then a majority of players end up over the minimum signing bonus by themselves. 10M max, most signed for more than that. So I guess no team is going to be able to sign any IFAs next year? It was a weird process altogether.

Last edited by stealofhome; 05-17-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #5
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Quote:
It's not that there is a back and forth, that's to be expected. It's the sheer amount of back and forth every day for over 3 months.

Edit: And then a majority of players end up over the minimum signing bonus by themselves. 10M max, most signed for more than that. So I guess no team is going to be able to sign any IFAs next year? It was a weird process altogether.
I forget what my settings are but the max i have set is 2.1m so players sign for about 550,000 the bad ones for 50 or lower most are signed for around 100k

and ya that gets annoying

2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
Old 05-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #6
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Rocks View Post
I forget what my settings are but the max i have set is 2.1m so players sign for about 550,000 the bad ones for 50 or lower most are signed for around 100k

and ya that gets annoying
Weird, my game acts much differently. I played with the max settings and the contracts demands would change with it. The top guy would demand twice the maximum, regardless of what that number was. So sign him, incur a huge penalty, and be unable to sign any player the following year. But most of the other players ended up signing for more than 105% of the maximum as well after negotiations.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:50 AM   #7
tejdog1
All Star Starter

I play default, $3m cap per team. Negotiations for the top IFAs each year skyrocket to 7m+ in most case, in most leagues I've run in OOTP14 and 15. I basically go nuts every 2nd year because I know I have to, since one will take me over the cap. And at that point, might as well spend $13m, lol
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:47 AM   #8
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
I play default, $3m cap per team. Negotiations for the top IFAs each year skyrocket to 7m+ in most case, in most leagues I've run in OOTP14 and 15. I basically go nuts every 2nd year because I know I have to, since one will take me over the cap. And at that point, might as well spend $13m, lol
For some reason I dont not have any of these problems (which is a good thing) My IDFAs have never even gone over there max to my knowledge IDK if its talent level but i will check when i get to IFA this off-season because i have only done 1 on OOTP 15

2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues: