Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-10-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
Murcer
Minors (Triple A)

High draft picks getting released?

I'm seeing a lot of pretty high draft picks getting released almost immediately by their drafting team. Has anyone else seen this? I have a small league with only two levels of minors for each team so maybe that has something to do with it?

Here's an example of a guy who was drafted fifth overall, released, and signed the next day by an independent league team where he's dominating...
Attached Images
Murcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
Murcer
Minors (Triple A)

Ack, it's just me? I'm not sure how I feel about that!
Old 05-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #3
SilentFox
Minors (Single A)

This has been a legacy problem for some time now; repaired to come back again it would seem. I've seen threads similar to this back from when OOTP13 was the current version. Haven't come across it myself.

I might go begin on what could be done about finding those threads as an edit.

EDIT: Welcome to the Gish Gallop Saloon:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...too-early.html

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...aft-picks.html

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...l-problem.html

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...tions-huh.html

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ase-issue.html

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...instantly.html

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...t-problem.html

Last edited by SilentFox; 05-12-2014 at 01:24 PM.
SilentFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #4
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

My league it seems is similar to yours, I have to Major Leagues(8 teams each), two levels of minors, and 2 indy leagues, I'm just entering September of my first season. I'll go back now and check the transactions to see if I'm having this same issue.
I'll get back shortly.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #5
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

OK, went back through my first year player draft and checked every player from the first three rounds(48 picks)

-Five players didn't sign and will go back into next year's draft

The other 43 signed with their drafting clubs and remain with them as of September. Two have even cracked the big club.

So there must be something off with your settings somewhere, do you have roster limits in the minors? Something along those lines?
Old 05-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #6
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Like SilentFox said its a legacy problem since OOTP9 i think but i thought that was fixed? It might be to many players in minors so they get released, reason idk but it could be current ratings are low so they judge that and not potential. Do you have limits on Minor leagues? are more players drafted then can fit? You might also notice that a lot of good players are left on FA market at age 32-40 to keep younger guys as well.

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #7
Murcer
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the feedback.

I took a close look at the minor league systems of all the teams and it looks like there's a lot of older guys hanging around, clogging up the rosters. I'm going to put an age limit on those leagues and see if that helps.

I'm assuming having age limits on minor leagues would force the computer to cut older players it doesn't want to promote?
Old 05-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

I havent used that feature but That would also (i think) limit any guy you have in Minors who you do want to promote or who has been up and down.

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #9
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murcer View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

I took a close look at the minor league systems of all the teams and it looks like there's a lot of older guys hanging around, clogging up the rosters. I'm going to put an age limit on those leagues and see if that helps.

I'm assuming having age limits on minor leagues would force the computer to cut older players it doesn't want to promote?
Raise the roster limits fo your minor leagues. I would set no limit on your lowest league. That seems to be the solution that produces the best results.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #10
cavebutter
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
Raise the roster limits fo your minor leagues. I would set no limit on your lowest league. That seems to be the solution that produces the best results.
I raised this issue as well as part of a similar post detailing all sorts of AI roster management problems. Raising the roster limits for my lowest level of minors to "No Limit" and bumping reserve roster limits for leagues with no minors did the trick for me.

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #11
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

^

No limit for lower league is essential, as well as age limits on all but AAA

There might be a problem with financials as well if a 1st round pick is being released.

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:23 AM   #12
Murcer
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

I just simmed out 10 years as a test and it looks much better; I raised the roster limits in the minors and this really helped a lot (I don't use financials).

I didn't put age limits in the minors because I'm not completely sure what that will do. For example, if I make the max age 28 in A ball, will the AI release any 29 year old it doesn't want to promote? I don't want the computer forcing those guys into the upper level and messing up development there.

Again, thanks so much for all the help!
Old 05-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #13
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Murcer, I only have the small sample size in my 1995 Dynasty, but from what I've seen is that they will promote that 28 yr old, and if they don't cut the mustard, then they will be cut but there is much more movement with age limits where a guy gets cut from one teams AA squad and will sign with another team who has a need

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #14
Assos
All Star Starter

It does happen, not every high draft numbers make it to the bigs. Brian Taylor is one I think of right off the bat, it happens.
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #15
Murcer
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
Murcer, I only have the small sample size in my 1995 Dynasty, but from what I've seen is that they will promote that 28 yr old, and if they don't cut the mustard, then they will be cut but there is much more movement with age limits where a guy gets cut from one teams AA squad and will sign with another team who has a need
Great, thanks. I have an independent league as well (with lower quality players) so a lot of those guys might find there way over there.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #16
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assos View Post
It does happen, not every high draft numbers make it to the bigs. Brian Taylor is one I think of right off the bat, it happens.
Yes, but they also let him throw first before he was done. It wasn't like they drafted him that high and immediately knew he sucked and 86'ed him.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:56 AM   #17
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

OP's draft is in October, which means the AI might be seeing the player as someone who never played instead of someone who just signed.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote