Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 08-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
gbrooking
Minors (Double A)

ERROR - free agent / financial model

I've run into a problem. I'd like to meet a free agent's demand for a 1-year, $650,000 contract. I have a budget of $100 million, a player payroll of $96 million, $10 million for extensions, and $4 million for free agents.

However, the "meet demand" button is grayed out and I am not allowed to offer a contract to this player.

IDEAS?
gbrooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

The easiest for me would be if you could send me the save file. I could then check directly what makes the button not available.

Could you please contact me at sebastian@ootpdevelopments.com and I will send you instructions (if it is Ok for you).

thanks,
Sebastian
Old 08-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
Supernovae
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrooking View Post
I've run into a problem. I'd like to meet a free agent's demand for a 1-year, $650,000 contract. I have a budget of $100 million, a player payroll of $96 million, $10 million for extensions, and $4 million for free agents.

However, the "meet demand" button is grayed out and I am not allowed to offer a contract to this player.

IDEAS?
What does your owner say in the player contract window (when you initiate an offer for the FA?)
Supernovae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:40 AM   #4
manduck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

There's another thread here somewhere about this bug (I'm sure it's a bug). The amount of money you actually have available to sign free agents is never as much as it says in the front office screen. In my experience it has consistently been exactly 10,000,000 dollars too low. If you scroll down in the free agent signing window it will tell you how much money it thinks you have available. Here's what mine says right now:

Name:  fo.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  91.5 KB
Name:  fa.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  114.5 KB

(During the offseason it's a bit clearer - my free agent money in the front office screen will be exactly my budget minus my payroll, while in the free agent screen it will be exactly 10M less than that)
manduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I'm investigating the problem and hope to get an answer during the weekend. If it is a bug I will fix it for the next update, if it is a feature, I will explain it.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #6
manduck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:14 PM   #7
Fonzie
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
I'm investigating the problem and hope to get an answer during the weekend. If it is a bug I will fix it for the next update, if it is a feature, I will explain it.
Any insights so far?
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

As far as I know Markus fixed it (problem is negative cash) but I have to check with him as I just came back from a short vacation trip.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
manduck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I see that with the new version, the free agent amount in my Front Office screen agrees with what the free agent offer screen says, but both are zero. I thought I should have some money available since my payroll is less than my budget. What is the formula?
Old 08-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #10
manduck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduck View Post
I see that with the new version, the free agent amount in my Front Office screen agrees with what the free agent offer screen says, but both are zero. I thought I should have some money available since my payroll is less than my budget. What is the formula?
Anybody?

Also, is it different in iootp 2012?