Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 01-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #21
DaMook
All Star Reserve

I have 6GB left but the disk space size shouldn't matter at all. My guess is that it's a RAM issue. I just find it mind-boggling that no one from the company bothers to respond to this issue.
DaMook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #22
phillupi
All Star Reserve

How about iOS? I have a few programs that stopped running after updating my iOS. Not sure why. I'm not a programmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #23
bullschuck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It just happened again. I just reset the device 20 minutes ago and the dang thing just crashed. No other apps running. Latest OS, 5.0.1. Latest version of the game, 1.2.1. If we could just get some kind of acknowledgement that this issue does exist from the dev team and that they are looking into it, that would be great!
Oh, and there's still the screen lock issue. Other folks have been able to reproduce it.
bullschuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:26 AM   #24
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

The only device (beside the old devices iPod 1/2 and iPhone 3G and older which we not officially support), the iPad 1 seems to be the only device that can get into memory trouble. I myself test on a iPad 1 with iOS 5 and don't experiment many crashes but I use the iPad only for gaming and have only the active App open at any time.

One thing to keep in mind: after you put any App (e.g. iOOTP) into the background and do something other with your iPad and then later continue to play (without starting iOOTP new) it is possible that the iOS "took" memory from iOOTP and used it elsewhere, so iOOTP can not work anymore. So I would recommend closing iOOTP completely after you are finished playing and start it new whenever you want to play again.

For 2012 we will rework the graphics we use to make it look better but most importantly reduce the memory usage as much as possible, giving the user a better experience on the iPad 1.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #25
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah I've brought this up a few times. I'm sure they just need to optimize their storage algorithm. Football Manager is the only game I play that is comparable in the amount of data it has to crunch and it doesn't suffer from this problem. Well actually I bet it doesn't because FMHi is limited to 30 seasons while iOOTP is endless. Honestly I'd rather the app crash and be endless than not crash and not be endless.

The most helpful thing I've found is to buy some sort of memory app that kills all your open apps for you and frees up all your memory. Then I just save and kill everything in the off season and reload the game. This way you don't need to restart ur devise or anything. It is annoying, but once you get 20 or 30 seasons in, the app crashes every year anyway.

The future looks good though because they are a good company and actually try to improve their games unlike a certain console sports gaming company that rhymes with Shmee Shmay Sports who seems to find new ways to break things in their games.
magicspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #26
bullschuck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I had put the app aside for a while and then decided to pick it up again tonight. I closed all the other apps and restarted my iPad. I didn't even finish one month of the offseason before it crashed. There hasn't been a dot release in a while, the developers don't see any stability issues, and even the non-locking screen issue hasn't been addressed. To top it off, the next version still won't allow for player creation, editing, or even naming. I was looking forward to the next release but not anymore. I'm done. Deleting the app tonight. Great idea but the product falls short of being useful.
bullschuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:22 AM   #27
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullschuck View Post
I had put the app aside for a while and then decided to pick it up again tonight. I closed all the other apps and restarted my iPad. I didn't even finish one month of the offseason before it crashed. There hasn't been a dot release in a while, the developers don't see any stability issues, and even the non-locking screen issue hasn't been addressed. To top it off, the next version still won't allow for player creation, editing, or even naming. I was looking forward to the next release but not anymore. I'm done. Deleting the app tonight. Great idea but the product falls short of being useful.
I'm sorry you are leaving but we supported the 2011 version with free updates (including a free HD update) up to the point we had to start on 2012. Stability issues (on the iPad 1) are a major point on our list for 2012 and we improve the situation every day by reducing the memory usage of the game as good as possible so it will run more stable on that device.

For the editing stuff: from the beginning we always explained, that iOOTP will never be as deep as OOTP. The reasons are simple: the hardware is just to bad and iOOTP is aimed for a more casual group who wants to play the game, not edit it. We build in the option to rename all teams, with the new version you can rename the leagues and divisions (if you are on a iPad), you can change a few critical options (like finances, DH, injuries). If you look around in other Apps I thing you will not find many that give you so much freedom. But for the moment that is all that is possible.