Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 09:44 PM   #301
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Luis Aisa Spanish FW
Attached Images
Old 03-10-2005, 05:41 AM   #302
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

David, Mark, Rocco, et al:

I'll take Dominique Azzaro and George Aldridge tonight unless someone lets me know that they are already on them.

Christopher

Edit: I will need to get to these two tomorrow night (3/11) instead

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 03-10-2005 at 08:09 PM.
CONN CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:53 PM   #303
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

It looks like the Middleweight ship left port without me, here's Aldridge anyway

GEORGE ALDRIDGE MW (1954-1963) Overall Rating = 6

Hometown - Market Harorough, England, UK

37(17)-14-2

Out-pointed Les Allen for the British Midlands Area Middleweight belt. Stopped Cowboy McCormack in six to take the British MW title and was stopped in the 15th round by Laszlo Papp in their bout for the EBU belt.

Other notable bouts include wins over Phil Edwards, Pat O'Grady, Harry Scott, Fred Elderfield, Malcolm Worthington, Maxie Smith, Derek Liversidge and a draw with Giancarlo Garbelli in Rome. He lost to Mick Leahy in a British MW title defense and to Christian Christensen on a DQ. Other notables to best Aldridge were Nino Benvenuti, McCormack, Attu Clottey and Martin Hansen. He was stopped 7 times in 53 pro bouts.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx Aldridge_George.tbdx (10.0 KB, 147 views)
Old 03-11-2005, 08:19 PM   #304
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

I'll take Bertini and Benedetto next

DOMINIQUE AZZARO LW (1969-1974) Overall Rating = 2

Hometown - Grenoble, France

11(4)-6-0

Azzaro could beat most of the local boys but folded up like a card table against anyone with talent. He faced Antonio Puddu (who must have been looking for a soft title defense) and was dropped in the first round of an EBU Lightweight bout in 1973. Azzaro came into that fight with an 11-2-0 record having been stopped by Algerian Ould Makloufi (31-7-1) and the utterly forgettable Jean Pierre Demarthe (7-3-3). After the EBU title shot, Azzard lost four straight and hung 'em up in 1974. He was stopped five times in a career that spanned only 17 fights.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx Azzaro_Dominique.tbdx (9.9 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 03-11-2005 at 08:28 PM.
CONN CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:55 AM   #305
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Domenico Tiberia

This is a redoing into two weight classes from an original rating by Mark Elwood of Domenico as a LIght Middleweight.

Italy 1961-69 Welterweight Rating 4
1970-77 Light Middleweight Rating 1

65 wins / 30 losses / 8 draws / 15 KO

Birthplace: Ceccano, Italy

Origianal Rating by: Mark Elwood, vistaman44

Mark did an original rating of Tiberia as a Junior Middleweight (overall rating of 4). In looking at Domenico's record I felt there was a distinct enough of break in his record for when he fought as a Welterweight and then as a Junior or Light Middleweight that thought it worthwhile challenge to rate him in each division, especially when you look at his record in both:
Welterweight 57 wins / 13 losses / 4 draws / 14 KO (Stopped 6)
Light Middleweight 8 wins / 17 losses / 4 draws / 1 KO (Stp 8)

Domenico would just appear to have been the much better fighter as a welterweight. Yes, his opponents overall in the light middleweight class looks better overall. By his overall record he didn't look to match up to the competition. Some of the more noteable opponents when he fought as a welterweight included 2 wins over Hector Constance, a loss to Gaspar Ortega, two losses to Carmelo Bossi, both for titles, two losses to Jean Josselin and a loss to Ramon La Cruz.

Rocco Del Sesto

Up through his September 1969 10 round decision over Willie Ludick, Domenico compiled an impressive record as a welterweight. Most of that was in Italy. He won the vacant Italian Welterweight Title in December 1964 with a 12 round decision over Luciano Piazza. He defended the title once in May 1965 against Ciro Patronelli before loosing it in October that year to Carmelo Bossi in a 12 round decision. In January 1967 he lost a 12 round decision to Carmelo Bossi for that title. Later in August 1967 Domenico won back the Italian Welterweight crown with a 12 round decision over Aldo Battistutta. In February 1968 he lost the title again, this time to Silvano Bertini, again in a 12 round decision. Those two fought to a draw in another 12 round title bout in August 1968. In June 1969, Domenico squared off against Giuliano Nervino for the welterweight title after it was vacated by Bertini. Domenico KO'd Nervino in the 9th round. By the end of year, 1969, Domenico decides to vacate the welterweight ranks to move up to the light middleweights.

After a 10 round draw with Nessim Max Cohen and an 8 round decision win over a Dramane Ouedraogo, Domenico fights and defeats Aldo Battistutta in a 12 round decision in August 1970 for the Italian Light Middleweight Title. AFter a loss to Peirre Fourie, a win against Juarez de Lima and a draw with Matt Donovan, all 10 rounders, Domenico goes up against Jose Hernandez for the European (EBU) Light Middleweight Title in June 1971. Hernandez wins the 15 round decision. Whats kind of interesting is what transpires over the next year. Domenico looses a 10 round decision to Tom Bogs, KO's Battistutta in 11 to defend his Italian LMW title but then looses a 10 round decision to Jose Manuel Duran and then is stopped in the 6th round by Tom Jensen from Denmark, a guy with a decent record against not a whole lot to look at. So in about two years, Domenico has gone 4-5-2 as a light middleweight loosing a shot for the European title in that weight class. What happens next? In May 1972 Domenico is fighting Koichi Wajima for the WBA/WBC LIght Middleweight Titles in Fukuoka, Japan!

Wajima KO'd Domenico in the 1st round. That loss was followed by a 10 round decision loss to Jan Kies and then a 5th round KO loss to Gratien Tonna. In September 1974, Domenico moved up one division and defeated Sauro Soprani in 12 rounds for the Italian Middleweight Title, but then in March 1975 lost the title right away to Luciano Sarti in 12 rounds. He then lost 3 straight fights including a 1st round TKO to Jose Luis Duran. A draw a win and then 3 losses over 1976 and 77 finished out his career.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx Tiberia_Domenico.tbdx (12.9 KB, 151 views)
File Type: tbdx Tiberia_Domenico.tbdx (13.0 KB, 129 views)
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 10:42 AM   #306
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Myers
And here is a list of the EBU and Commonwealth champions and challengers from 1945 to 1975 who still need to be rated as of 3/9. If anyone wants to rate any of the fighters below, please--repeat, please--feel welcome. There are 78 boxers remaining to be rated. And with so many yet to go, I have no toes to tread upon.

Tony Smith
Maurice Tavant
Leonard Tavarez
Bernie Terrell
Pierre-Claude Thomias
Still working my way up from the bottom. Done with Tiberia now, I'll be doing Thomias next then Terrell.

Rocco
Old 03-12-2005, 11:32 AM   #307
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Pierre-Claude Thomias

France Lightweight Rating 2
1966-73
16 wins / 5 losses / 3 draws / 5 KO

Birthplace: Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe
Manager: Jean Bretonnel

Rating by: Rocco Del Sesto

Thomias was 14-1-2 when he defeated Henri Nesi for the French Lightweight Title in 12 rounds in December 1970. In May the following year he lost a 12 round decision and that title to Jean Pierre Le Jauen.

Thomias' next fight was in October 1971, for the European (EBU) Lightweight Title against Antonio Puddu. Thomias fought a game fight with Puddu, but ended up with the 15 round decision loss. Thomias then won one other fight in 1971, but after two KO losses in early February 1972 and then over a year later in September 1974, Thomias gave up fighting.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx Thomias_Pierre-Claude.tbdx (10.0 KB, 136 views)
Old 03-13-2005, 12:50 AM   #308
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Andre de Keersgieter MW (1950-1956) Overall Rating = 1

Hometown - Bruges, Belgium

10(6)-11-2

de Keersgieter fought for the Belgian Middleweight title on five occasions, winning two of the bouts over Arthur Acha and Albert Heyen. He was also unsuccessful in one attempt at the Belgian light heavyweight belt. He beat Billy Ellaway and Alex Buxton. Lost to Wally Thorn, Johnny Sullivan, Pat McAteer, Marcel Limage, Willie Hoeper, Hans Stretz, Charley Numez, Peter Muller and Luc van Dam.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx deKeersgieter_Andre.tbdx (9.8 KB, 161 views)
Old 03-13-2005, 12:51 AM   #309
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Andre de Keersgieter MW (1950-1956)
Attached Images
Old 03-13-2005, 11:06 AM   #310
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Bernie Terrell and Ralph Charles

Welterweight Rating 4
UK 1968-72
23 wins / 4 losses / 1 draw / 12 KO

Alias: Simmons
Hometown/Birthplace: Edmonton, England

Rating by: Rocco Del SEsto

Fought his way to a 23-2-1,12KO record. Along the way won the British (Southern Area) Welterweight Title in November 1969 stopping Peter Cragg in the 1st round. Terrell successfully defended that title twice in 1971 against Ricky Porter and Chris Jobson. In December 1971 he went up against Ralph Charles(39-4-0,33KO) for the British and Commonwealth Welterweight Titles. Charles stopped Terrell in the 8th round of the 15 round scheduled bout. Two months later, in Feb 1972 Terrell was then KO'd in the 2nd round by John H. Stracey (undefeated at the time at 19-0-1). Terrell never returned to the ring seeing his career derailed quickly with those two KO's.

Did Charles out of order working from the bottom of the list but saw him as I was working on Terrell so decided to do him also.

Charles
Welterweight Rating 8
UK 1963-72
39 wins / 4 losses / 0 draws / 33 KO

Hometown: West Ham, England

Charles had won his first 15 bouts, 12 by knockout when he then KO'd Peter McLaren in the 8th round in April 1966 to win the British (South Area) Welterweight Title. His very next fight though in late May, he suffered his first loss, an 8th round TKO to Ernesto Musso. After reeling off 6 more wins and 4KO's after that he then fought Johnny Cooke in Feb 1968 for the British and Commonwealth Welterweight Titles. Charles won the title on a 15 round decision.

It was a year and 9 months before he fought Chuck Henderson in defense of those titles, KOing Henderson in the 5th round. In between those title fights he won 8 other fights. After Henderson fight though, Charles suffered his 2nd defeat, this to Raul Soriano, a 10 round decision. Later in November 1970, Charles defeated Johann Orsolics for the European (EBU) Welterweight Title. In June 1971 he lost that title to Roger Menetrey via 7th round TKO. AFter defeating Jeff White, Charles then won back the British and Commonwealth Welterweight Titles defeating Bernie Terrell in December 1971. That set up what was to become Charles last career fight. In March 1972, Ralph Charles climbed into the ring with a shot at the WBA/WBC Welterweight Titles against Jose Angel Napoles. It was Charles last shot in the ring as he was KO'd in the 7th round by the veteran Napoles.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx Terrell_Bernie.tbdx (10.1 KB, 137 views)
File Type: tbdx Charles_Ralph.tbdx (10.7 KB, 148 views)
Old 03-13-2005, 09:27 PM   #311
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

A more recent EBU champ:

Jean-Maurice Chanet HW (1985-1995) Overall Rating = 4

Hometown - Chaumont, France

27(10)-21-0

By 1988, Chanet was a fighter going nowhere. He had an 11-7-0 record and had been stopped early by Damiens Marignan in a bout for the French Heavyweight title. Then he received another shot at the French title and then champion Maurice Gomis. Chanet capitalized on the opportunity, stopping Gomis in two rounds. He then went on to win 10 of his next 13 bouts including a title defense en route to a chance at the EBU title in 1990.
1990 was both Chanet's best year as a fighter and the beginning of the end for him. In February, he outpointed Derek Williams for the EBU belt and did it again in a rematch in May. In October, Chanet was stopped in six by future World Champ Lennox Lewis. Chanet posted a 3-11-0 record after the loss to Lewis including losses to Super Brian Nielsen and Herbie Hide as well as two more failed attempts to regain the French title against Christophe Bizot. Chanet was stopped 9 times in 48 pro bouts.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx Chanet_Jean-Maurice.tbdx (10.3 KB, 141 views)
Old 03-13-2005, 09:28 PM   #312
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Jean-Maurice Chanet (hopefully, someone will have a better picture)
Attached Images
Old 03-14-2005, 07:32 PM   #313
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

MANOLO GARCIA FW (1951-1968) Overall Rating = 6

Born - Talifa, Morocco
Fought out of Spain for most of career

83(48)-28-16; 2 NC

After two failed attempts against Jose Hernandez (Dec. loss and a draw), Garcia won the Spanish Featherweight title in 1956 with a ninth round KO over Pedro Paris. He lost a bid for the European Featherweight title in 1960 when he lost a 15 round decision to Gracieux Lamperti in Marseille.

Garcia beat Theo Medina, Fred Galiana (twice), Rudi Langer, Hans Schoemig, Hector Miranda and Altidoro Polidori. He drew with Galiana, Pedro Miranda and Ricardo Gonzalez. Notable defeats included those to Giordano Campari, Gonzalez, Sergio Caprari, Jean Sneyers, Duilio Loi, Hernandez, Luis Romero, Galiana and a non-title loss to Lamperti.

He retired in 1961 and should have made it final. His comeback in 1968 added three losses and a win to his career record. Through 129 pro bouts, Garcia was stopped three times, two comming in the final bouts before his first and second retirements.

Rating posted in Photos without files thread
Old 03-18-2005, 03:01 PM   #314
vistaman44
Hall Of Famer

Red face Yes, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Del Sesto
This is a redoing into two weight classes from an original rating by Mark Elwood of Domenico as a LIght Middleweight.

Origianal Rating by: Mark Elwood, vistaman44

Mark did an original rating of Tiberia as a Junior Middleweight (overall rating of 4). In looking at Domenico's record I felt there was a distinct enough of break in his record for when he fought as a Welterweight and then as a Junior or Light Middleweight that thought it worthwhile challenge to rate him in each division, especially when you look at his record in both:
Welterweight 57 wins / 13 losses / 4 draws / 14 KO (Stopped 6)
Light Middleweight 8 wins / 17 losses / 4 draws / 1 KO (Stp 8)

Domenico would just appear to have been the much better fighter as a welterweight. Yes, his opponents overall in the light middleweight class looks better overall. By his overall record he didn't look to match up to the competition.
I do not in any way dispute or disagree with this. I do, however, think a clarification of my ratings process for fighters is needed. I rate for overall career performance, not distinguishing between weight classes and placing fighters where I feel they are most recognized or had the most distinction in their prime. In the case of Tiberia, I should have had his overall career weight class as welterweight. He was in that class "more and better." Good catch, Rocco.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters, compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, philosopher and poet (1803-1882)

-----------------------------------
Currently operating 1970s SM-HW, 1940s, African, 1980s LW and women's boxing universes
vistaman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 03:32 PM   #315
LeeSkye
All Star Starter

Tried to fix up Mr. Chanet a bit but.....like a George Foreman punch to my eyes!
Thanks for all the great pics and files Chris and gentlemen-KUTGW
Attached Images
Old 03-18-2005, 04:19 PM   #316
vistaman44
Hall Of Famer

Cool Vision problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSkye
Tried to fix up Mr. Chanet a bit but.....like a George Foreman punch to my eyes!
As the eye doctor would say ...

Better first way, or second? LOL!

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters, compared to what lies within us."

Currently operating 1970s SM-HW, 1940s, African, 1980s LW and women's boxing universes
Old 03-18-2005, 07:41 PM   #317
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSkye
That was one but-ugly photo, thanks for making it just ugly.

You do great work Lee, we should give you a raise.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:50 PM   #318
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistaman44
I do not in any way dispute or disagree with this. I do, however, think a clarification of my ratings process for fighters is needed. I rate for overall career performance, not distinguishing between weight classes and placing fighters where I feel they are most recognized or had the most distinction in their prime. In the case of Tiberia, I should have had his overall career weight class as welterweight. He was in that class "more and better." Good catch, Rocco.
Thanks for all the African ratings Mark!! Great additions.

I'll do the same thing a lot of times with rating guys, just rating by their overall record and put them in the division they seem to best represent or spent the most of their career in. A lot of times there's a hard time trying to see a distinct breakdown of a fighters career to rate them in more then one division. Tiberia was just one that I saw that distinct change from welterweight to then light middleweight, so I just decided to take on the challange to split the ratings to see what kind of difference there might be. Your rating Mark as far as an overall for the complete career would look to be pretty good.

Thanks again for all your recent African additions Mark. You've hit on another area that hasn't up to now had a lot of representation in the game.

Rocco
Old 03-18-2005, 10:10 PM   #319
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Leonard Tavarez

Lightweight Rating 3
France 1964-74
28 wins / 15 losses / 5 draws / 8 KO

Birthplace: Dakar, Senegal
Manager: Traxel

Lost a 15 round decision to Rene Roque in December 1968 for the French Lightweight Title. Tavarez then fought Maurice Tavant in his very next fight in January 1969 for the same title after Roque vacated the title he'd just won. Tavant defeated Tavarez via 15th round TKO.

In November 1969 finally in his 3rd try, Tavarez won the French LIghtweight Title stopping Jean Peirre Le Jaouen in the 10th round. Those two fought a rematch in May 1970 for the title with Tavarez winning a 15 round decision.

Tavarez then fought for the next 4-1/2 years without any title fights until finally December 1974 he went up against Ken Buchanan for the European (EBU) Lightweight Title. Tavarez's corner threw in the towel in the 14th round after Tavarez took standing 8 counts in the 13th and 14th rounds.

Some of Tavarez's other noteable fights included a 6 round loss to Daniel Vermandere in Tavarez's 4th career fight. Those two fought to a 10 round draw after Tavarez's first title fight with Le Jaouen. Tavarez lost two other fights in 1968 and 1970 to Buchanan, and lost fights to Roger Zami, Olli Maeki, Jim Watt, and Roberto Duran. He won fights against Borge Krogh, Pierre-Claude Thomias, Dominique Azzaro and Ernest Miranda.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx Tavarez_Leonard.tbdx (10.6 KB, 127 views)
Old 03-19-2005, 09:02 AM   #320
vistaman44
Hall Of Famer

Cool Thanks, Rocco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Del Sesto
Thanks again for all your recent African additions Mark. You've hit on another area that hasn't up to now had a lot of representation in the game.

Rocco
I'm happy to share. Thanks for watching my back, and good job with Tavarez, Rocco.