Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:11 AM   #261
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I go up early this morning so I could tweak my teams for next week, but find myself with small budgets, hence the posting frenzy. The following Our League teams have made the PT playoffs, of the 11 I can follow. Both leagues could have Our League teams in the World Series.

I188:
Battery Point
Stephensville
Waffletown
Asheboro
Asylum (future team, but now compliant)

B250:
Ewa Beach (The renamed Campbell team?)
Seattle
well done all.... good luck in the post season
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:08 PM   #262
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
We call ourselves Marie 'n Me, and there's just two of us. I play guitar ad harmonica, Marie the bass. We do a lot of early Beatles songs, when the harmonies were a focus, and some Everly Brothers, Simon and Garfunkel, '60's, etc. We like to do different takes on songs sometimes. For example, we do "Sunshine of Your Love" with an acoustic guitar and bass, with harmonica for the lead break. It's different, but fun for us.

We both have kids who play together, and they have friends who play, so if there's a shindig coming, we plug in, set up the drums, and Marie switches to keyboard and we rock on. The kids have a wonderful music vocabulary that stretches back to the '50's. They've even taught me new stuff by bands I've never heard. However, my musical taste is like my baseball preference - old school.

We don't play out much anymore, just the odd open mic. There used to be be quite a few coffee houses, but they've mostly gone away, and we're not really loud enough, or inclined to play in bars. There has been a real growth in small wine orchards hereabouts in recent years, so we start playing out again. We still practice twice a week.

Wake up little Susie!
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:10 PM   #263
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
I go up early this morning so I could tweak my teams for next week, but find myself with small budgets, hence the posting frenzy. The following Our League teams have made the PT playoffs, of the 11 I can follow. Both leagues could have Our League teams in the World Series.

I188:
Battery Point
Stephensville
Waffletown
Asheboro
Asylum (future team, but now compliant)

B250:
Ewa Beach (The renamed Campbell team?)
Seattle

Yes! Campbell has been renamed to Ewa Beach, with a new logo on the horizon. Campbell leads their series 2-0!!!
Old 04-07-2019, 01:12 PM   #264
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
I've snipped a few team logos form I188 to illustrate what I mean by unique logos. Besides being really wonderfully done, they make it much easier for me to pick out on the schedule than the game generated generics, one of which is also below for comparison. There was another team with the exact same logo, with just a slightly different color, so I found myself frequently thinking I missed something. As I said, I would be happy to help with that, but in looking at these offerings, you might want to ask them.
There is a forum user that has been nice enough to do my logos for me. Here is what he has done so far.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #265
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

In B250 news, Aina Haina got uncermoniously bounced out of the playoffs by losing the Wild Card game 6-3 to the Silly Department Walkers. Newly acquired Jose Rijo, fresh off the auction house got taken behind the woodshed to the tune of five earned runs in 3 2/3 innings. Will this performance lead to his swift exit from the team? Rijo laying an egg proved to be a bridge too far for the Parakeets and their league worst offense. Fans were left scratching their heads wondering when the team was actually going to acquire some hitting aside from their DH, McCovey, and move away from their myopic focus on defense.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:40 PM   #266
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Our League in PT 19 on Hiatus?

Just got home a little while ago, and was oddly relieved that the Asylum Keepers lost their Wild Card game to Asheboro, since they played most of the season on AI. Their Our League roster did hang with the Road Dogs, though, so they seem ready for next year.

On to the point of this post. Since the PT 19 AH has become early useless to try and improve our style of play, I figured I could use whatever points I had to get me my pack fix. I think it will help me to resist that urge in 2.0. What can I say, the animation and the foil ripping sound still make me chuckle. Anyway, when I got to PT 19, I found that my Aceldama Butchers had advanced to the semi-finals and will be, I'm pretty sure, promoted out. My Kakoola Reapers finished dead last, leaving only Philadelphia, Gas House, and Port Ruppert left in the league. With only three teams, and limited Friends List, there will not be the minimum of four teams necessary to make it worthwhile. By the way, I'm posting this here, since I'm not sure who's still checking the PT 19 forum. I know that, if there is no Our League, I have little interest in playing. Aceldama was promoted out one other time, and I barely checked on them until they started losing and were getting ready to be relegated back to Our League. In fact, until Our League, when my teams would be out of the race, I'd shut it down until Sunday. With the advent of Our League, I found myself rooting for the other Our League teams and would check on their progress. That's what makes it so much fun to be playing with like-minded folks. Now, I guess it's time to get my ripping fix.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-07-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:43 PM   #267
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Just got home a little while ago, and was oddly relieved that the Asylum Keepers lost their Wild Card game to Asheboro, since they played most of the season on AI. Their Our League roster did hang with the Road Dogs, though, so they seem ready for next year.

On to the point of this post. Since the PT 19 AH has become early useless to try and improve our style of, I figured I could use whatever points I had to get me my pack fix. I think it will help me to resist that urge in 2.0. What can I say, the animation and the foil ripping sound still make me chuckle. Anyway, when I got to PT 19, I found that my Aceldama Butchers had advanced to the semi-finals and will be, I'm pretty sure, promoted out. My Kakoola Reapers finished dead last, leaving only Philadelphia, Gas House, and Port Ruppert left in the league. With only three teams, and limited Friends List, there will not be the minimum of four teams necessary to make it worthwhile. By the way, I'm posting this here, since I'm not sure who's still checking the PT 19 forum. I know that, if there is no Our League, I have little interest in playing. Aceldama was promoted out one other time, and I barely checked on them until they started losing and were getting ready to be relegated back to Our League. In fact, until Our League, when my teams would be out of the race, I'd shut it down until Sunday. With the advent of Our League, I found myself rooting for the other Our League teams and would check on their progress. That's what makes it so much fun to be playing with like-minded folks. Now, I guess it's time to get my ripping fix.
I seldom check my 19 teams for that exact reason. There is no way for me to upgrade my teams anymore because the auction house is dead.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:05 PM   #268
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
I seldom check my 19 teams for that exact reason. There is no way for me to upgrade my teams anymore because the auction house is dead.
just letting the points build up on my v19 teams for now.... i'll obviously spend it on packs with the pack-only team.... but the v19 Waffletown team is going to wait for something in the AH (might be a long wait, but so be it; it'll take uber-dumb luck to pull a historical upgrade at this point from a pack)

meanwhile in v20.... Waffletown moves on to the LCS with a 3-1 series victory over Annandale
Old 04-07-2019, 02:29 PM   #269
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Congrats on the victory. I watched the last game without knowing the score, and it was a nail-biter until you hit that triple in the bottom of the 14th.

Edit to add: I have been working on my logos. Here's the new logos for my team (big and small versions):
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Charlatan; 04-07-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:41 PM   #270
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Arrow Season 2 "Our League" Master Team List

Hey Guys,

Here is the updated list of members to Our League for Season 2, which starts tomorrow morning.

The list is in chronological order of when a team/owner was added per this forum thread.

Let me know if any edits are required.

Thanks

Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #271
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Congrats on the victory. I watched the last game without knowing the score, and it was a nail-biter until you hit that triple in the bottom of the 14th.

Edit to add: I have been working on my logos. Here's the new logo for my team:

looks good.... and good luck next season.... posted in my dynasty thread regarding my teams odd success vs Scherzer (1 regular season and 1 playoff game, he only lasted 4.2 IP total and gave up 14 runs).... was really glad I didn't have to go to a 5th game and face him again, cause I doubt I would have had that kind of luck a 3rd time against him
Old 04-07-2019, 02:45 PM   #272
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
just letting the points build up on my v19 teams for now.... i'll obviously spend it on packs with the pack-only team.... but the v19 Waffletown team is going to wait for something in the AH (might be a long wait, but so be it; it'll take uber-dumb luck to pull a historical upgrade at this point from a pack)

meanwhile in v20.... Waffletown moves on to the LCS with a 3-1 series victory over Annandale
Sometimes whales sell off all their cards. That happened once that I saw. People got top cards for lower than normal prices because they were all being sold at once, and few people had those kinds of points to spend.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:07 PM   #273
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I have a second F2P team that is now without any "live" players.

Ozark Bobcats...user name: brucat

Currently is S282.

Thanks, Jeff
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:27 PM   #274
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I have a second F2P team that is now without any "live" players.

Ozark Bobcats...user name: brucat

Currently is S282.

Thanks, Jeff

It would also need to be a no money team with no Future Legends. If that's you, please sign up.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:32 PM   #275
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Not a red cent spent and no future legends!!

Nor will I spend any money in the future!!
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:35 PM   #276
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Exclamation

New Updated list.

The newest members to Our League who were not in Season 1 however, will be in Season 2 are:

Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:46 PM   #277
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
Not a red cent spent and no future legends!!

Nor will I spend any money in the future!!

Welcome aboard!
Old 04-07-2019, 04:20 PM   #278
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

How Active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Sorry, I'm old school.

Instead of having a Discord Channel, I would think that more we talk here, the more active this thread will be.

The more active this thread, the better the chances will be for other PT guys to see it and hopefully it will attract more PT members and more teams to Our League!

The most active on the PT Forum, with more than double the posts of our nearest competitor, not to mention the most views by far.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-07-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:10 PM   #279
Pappy709
Bat Boy

Hopefully I get in this week!
Pappy709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:10 PM   #280
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Please add:

PT User: Sabakon
Team Name: Salem Witches

to the list for next week.

We hare actually in the World Series now (WOW!), but as soon as that's done I will be having a fire sale and unloading all my LIVE players.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote