Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

What Types of Dynasty Series Do You Enjoy Following?

I'm planning on starting a new video series with OOTP 19 and looking for ideas of what you enjoy following the most.

What types of dynasty series do you enjoy following? Video vs written? Do you like watching game-by-game series? Season summaries every 2 weeks/month? Do you rather watch historical, current day or fictional gameplay?

Content Creator and Streamer:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/sizzlingpopcorn
sizzlingpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:15 PM   #2
G-Force
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlingpopcorn View Post
I'm planning on starting a new video series with OOTP 19 and looking for ideas of what you enjoy following the most.

What types of dynasty series do you enjoy following? Video vs written? Do you like watching game-by-game series? Season summaries every 2 weeks/month? Do you rather watch historical, current day or fictional gameplay?
For me, there just has to be some story to it. I won't follow a straight stat dump, it has no interest to me.

My idea is something that progresses relatively quickly, but drops enough detail and story bits to make me feel like I know what's happening as opposed to just knowing what the stats are.

In my Alltime Baseball League dynasty I do monthly stat reports - standings, leaders, and in a call back to my youth the old Sunday batting and pitching registers that list stats for every player with qualifying ABs or IP in the league. Then I try to write up 3 or 4 stories per month.

I break at midyear and write longer writeups for each team detailing their season and what's gone on. Then in September I recap each game for any team in a pennant race. For me, it strikes the balance. Each season takes 2 or 3 weeks.

Others do it differently, which is the fun.

I one I have a really hard time with is fictional players. I just can't get invested in it. I try with Eugene's dynasty because he puts so much effort into it. But I have more of an appreciation for his unmatched dedication than a "connection" to the teams or players if that makes sense.

There's something here for everyone and, having been away for a few years, I look forward to the season and the dynasty forum getting jumping again.

GH

Check out my Dynasty Threads

The Alltime Hockey Association
The Alltime Baseball League
Austin James: Playing For His Life (a Vietnam-era baseball drama)
The Pastime Boxing Association

Last edited by G-Force; 03-19-2018 at 04:16 PM.
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:39 PM   #3
TigsOs
Bat Boy

Be Original

As a fan of the video OOTP channels that do sims, I would say the number one thing for me is be original.

Find a legendary, current, or player angle that you will have a lot of fun with and sustain.

That's always what I look for. If you look on YouTube, there are a couple channels that do a really good job of this.

Good luck, I hope you give it a try so I can follow!
TigsOs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Written... didn't even know about video dynasties.

Original Story that is well-written, creative and interesting... and regularly reported and updated... many dynasties grab my initial interest, but they rarely follow up on their original idea... If they just simply cover the dynasty league (stats dump), I lose interest at that point... but still check them occasionally for the uniforms and jerseys... if they have recurring unique and original stories or articles on a regular basis... that's really makes them special with me... humor is a huge plus, too.

Regular updates... I have found more interest is created with a daily update... my IPA used to get 250-350 views daily, but it dropped off to 100-150 when I divided my time with my other dynasty, the Southern Association and the short-lived State Line League.

I'm guilty of having a stats dump dynasty... my Islandian Pro Alliance... agree with GForce, people only follow it because I've been doing it so long... it's fictional and way too many teams (64) to become immersed in it... it's even hard for me and I cover it... I wish I had stuck with my original 12 teams and never expanded to 64.

Good graphics are important, too... for years I only used plain basic jerseys created by OOTPB... they were not very impressive at all... although I had great logos created by the graphic genius of our OOTPB Community... several years ago the graphics gurus on the OOTPB Graphics Forum did beautiful new logos, jerseys and caps for all 64 teams in my IPA dynasty... both home and away unis... views doubled in a short time.

I think having real players is a plus... as we are already familiar with them... GForce's ABL got me because I love to follow all of the all-time stars... and he only has 16 teams, which means I can follow them without taking too much time.

Graphics are very important to me... stadiums,logos, jerseys, caps... and a newspaper, too... I love it when the layout is a newspaper.

Make sure your spelling and grammar are pretty good... don't do a sloppy presentation with typos and such.

Monthly summaries would be great, but might require too much time... Midseason recaps and Season recaps are fine with me... cover the playoffs with a brief, individual game recap... preferably one you write... the OOTPB game recaps are poorly designed, poorly written and lack variety... give the award winners... and midseason and season leaderboards.

Not interested in finances... I just like to follow the teams... no more than 12-16 teams in a league... 30 teams are much too hard to get immersed in... I loved baseball in the 50s with 16 teams... with no free agency... teams stayed pretty much the same year-after-year... as a teenager, I knew the starting lineups of all 16 MLB teams and the 8 teams in the Double A Southern Association... I lived in Mobile and New Orleans, both in the Southern Association... was even a ball boy for the Mobile Bears several seasons and got to mix and mingle with the ballplayers... future major leaguers Gary Bell, Bill Dailey, Dick Brown, Dick Stigman and Gordy Coleman.

The era doesn't really matter...I can appreciate any era with real players or fictional players.... 1920 to 2018 would be my preference.

All-time favorite dynasty reports:
Laseron Baseball Association (? Goody/Portlander ?)... great fictional country... great logos, jerseys and graphics... wonderful team reports written by each team owner... it was an online league... had its own website... complete with a newspaper... sadly, the LBA has not been around for years.

Dark Horse had a team in the Laseron Baseball Association.

Metro League (DreamTeams)... wonderful graphics with fictional country and map... great logos, jerseys, caps, stadiums... 40s and 50s atmosphere... regularly updates the league... still going strong.

United Leagues of Braeland... reds1 has great graphics... regular reports... and a wonderful storyline with the King's son and Babe Ruth... superbly written with fine dialogue.

Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL)... very well done by Izz... really detailed reporting... and he does it regularly.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-22-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:35 PM   #5
Lafayette53
Major Leagues

I can enjoy all types of dynasties though I'll say I have a preference for ones with a really creative premise or storyline over statistic dumps. That said even a good stats dump can be interesting with a cool premise.

reds1 and DreamTeams have really inspiring fictional countries. I've long considered doing a fictional nation just because their work is so excellent and I love making fictional graphics. I will say that I particularly like that Braeland has a lot of background info about it- it makes the nation feel alive and adds another storyline to follow along with the baseball rivalries in the dynasty.

The Australia-New Zealand Baseball League has a nice premise. I've read it on and off through it's entire run, it's always fun to catch up with.

On the other hand Westheim's Portland Raccoons dynasty is one of my favorites. Something about how he plays the game and writes about it gives me a very realistic "day in the life of someone running the team" feeling that's hard to explain. It's a great example of how a slower paced dynasty, even without an incredibly intricate premise, can be interesting in my book. It also helps that he doesn't just completely dominate the league with exploits, the struggles his team go through give it a nice touch.

My favorite, however, are "storyline" dynasties with clear identifiable characters or which get intricate with the history of a league. Good examples of this would be the defunct English Baseball dynasty, anything Questdog has touched, and Bix Six's truly great Pat O'Farrell story which combines alternate history with identifiable characters. Any of Hendu Style's Oakland A's dynasties similarly hit a good spot here and I don't just say this because I'm a diehard A's fan.

TigersFan has great historical dynasties and the effort he puts into them is always impressive to me.

Last edited by Lafayette53; 03-20-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Lafayette53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:57 PM   #6
G-Force
All Star Starter

I should amend my earlier post...I am fine with fictional if it's a single player kind of thing, one player's story. I just have no interest in fictional leagues.

GH

Check out my Dynasty Threads

The Alltime Hockey Association
The Alltime Baseball League
Austin James: Playing For His Life (a Vietnam-era baseball drama)
The Pastime Boxing Association
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote