Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Unofficial Wishlist (just for the heck of it)

Until Marcus starts an official discussion thread, let's just make a wishlist for this game for the heck of it. What would you like to see, other than the detail, depth, and realism we've come to expect from OOTPD?
Old 07-22-2017, 07:25 PM   #2
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

I love the detailed storylines in OOTP and I'd like to see them continue in [INSERT NAME HERE].

I'd also like to see rivalries be a possibility.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:01 AM   #3
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Wow, I guess no one want anything... lol
Old 07-24-2017, 11:17 PM   #4
JimboJones
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
What would you like to see, other than the detail, depth, and realism we've come to expect from OOTPD?
For the first version, nothing. Just focus on getting the basics right, then we can start requesting specific features.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:01 AM   #5
james17
All Star Starter

I hope to see an immersive draft, free agency, OTA's. I like the management aspect of the OOTP series. Playing out games should be in the game too though I expect more complex formations and more complex play calling will evolve.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:10 PM   #6
mattlew7062
Minors (Single A)

I would want CFL and AFL in the game. Maybe in the future also have a college database next to the pro database. That would be pretty cool. I would also like a feature where we could spend money on newer facilities and stadiums. Also based on the NFL today I would like a better way of relocating a team, maybe having to go through Owner Meetings where you could also have owners vote on new rules. Also obviously we would all like NFL and NFLPA rights to make this game more realistic.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:37 PM   #7
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

The biggest need is to have fully customizable leagues from the start. No other football sim does that without significant workarounds, and FOF's biggest weakness is the lack of customization.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:34 PM   #8
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
The biggest need is to have fully customizable leagues from the start. No other football sim does that without significant workarounds, and FOF's biggest weakness is the lack of customization.
And fictional players should definitely be a option!
Old 07-29-2017, 12:50 AM   #9
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
I would also say the ability to create/edit/upload custom schedules.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:42 PM   #10
Diamok
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Expansion, Relocation and Customizable League Rules.
Owner, GM and Coach modes.

Pretty much OOTPB, but Football really. :-)

Take care,
Old 08-01-2017, 02:10 PM   #11
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:

YES!! (and I count "customizable" as fictional players and teams)
Old 08-04-2017, 02:52 PM   #12
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
I would also say the ability to create/edit/upload custom schedules.
DDS Pro Football allows both of these pretty easily. I know they have a new game on the way, too.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:07 PM   #13
swoboda
All Star Starter

At least some historical leagues in V 1

The late great Lindsey Nelson
Old 08-06-2017, 07:31 AM   #14
whouse85
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamok View Post

Pretty much OOTPB, but Football really. :-)

Take care,

That's really all that needs to be said. Take everything from iOOTP Baseball and convert it to football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2017, 11:47 AM   #15
jrdoa
Minors (Double A)

I love graphics, but doesn't need to be Madden good. But for your football game, I'm praying for a combination of OOTP baseball depth AND FBPro football graphics. That would be awesome!!!
Old 08-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #16
jbaumgardt1
Minors (Single A)

Full customization of leagues similar to OOTP; OOTP's schedule editor (football schedules are much easier to create from scratch than baseball schedules are. I could create one in just a few hours using OOTP's schedule editor.)

I would also like to have the ability to import players from .csv files generated by Wolverines's game and have them assigned to the correct teams if they are available. Not only would this allow continuation of leagues started by that game, but also allow us to feed our draft pools with players created by their college game.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:32 PM   #17
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Beyond the obvious (customization on par with OOTP), I can't stress enough how much I want a playbook with an editor function.

The gold standard, as much as they infuriate me, is Grey Dog's game. But the playbook is limited (especially for shotgun formation offense, which is now the norm at all levels rather than just a package) and can't be edited.

I want the ability to add/delete/modify unlimited plays and formations. Limited only by my skill as a player to manage it all.

And when the college game hits, I want it to mimic college football EXACTLY (85 scholarshipped roster slots, plus an active and inactive walk-on roster, expandable to 125 positions), with integrated draft functionality with the pro game.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:02 PM   #18
RavensNation
Bat Boy

For me it's absolutely an immersive draft. I remember playing Head Coach 09 on the PS3 and the only bit I really enjoyed was the Draft. That's all the way through early scouting and tracking the progress of prospects right up to Draft Day and trying to find the right trades to get the players you want. Finding that diamond in the rough is so rewarding.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:33 AM   #19
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensNation View Post
For me it's absolutely an immersive draft. I remember playing Head Coach 09 on the PS3 and the only bit I really enjoyed was the Draft. That's all the way through early scouting and tracking the progress of prospects right up to Draft Day and trying to find the right trades to get the players you want. Finding that diamond in the rough is so rewarding.
I agree with this. Realistic stats/play results are vital.. along with realistic roster/team building. When I played the old Front Page Sports (from Dynamix) the graphics were secondary. What excited me was drafting and planning for the future. Watching a draft pick progress and hold down a position at a high level for a decade was the coolest thing in the world to me.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:26 PM   #20
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
I agree with this. Realistic stats/play results are vital.. along with realistic roster/team building. When I played the old Front Page Sports (from Dynamix) the graphics were secondary. What excited me was drafting and planning for the future. Watching a draft pick progress and hold down a position at a high level for a decade was the coolest thing in the world to me.

I agree as well. The part of OOTP that I care about the least is the graphics of gameplay. Pictures of players are very important to me because it helps me picture who they are (because I play fictional seasons), but the stats and drafting are key. The more stats and information possible, the better!