Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:40 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation Football Game Development Update (6/17/2017)

Hey football fans,

I have some news to share. We have decided to stop development of Beyond the Sideline Football. After years of work, we've come to the conclusion that only Francis Cole has the ability and knowledge to complete his design. Unfortunately, his illness makes that work impossible. We wish him the best in his recovery.

But don't worry, the OOTP football project is not dead. We are starting a new football game project (based on the OOTP and FHM interfaces) with a new name (yet to be determined) and with a new development team. At this time, it's far too early to comment on details, only that we are committed to creating a quality product that establishes us as a market leader right from the first release.

We hope to release this product late 2018. Early next year, when we have determined the final feature set, we will open up a new OOTP football forum and we'll have detailed discussions about this new game. We are very excited about the future, so please stay tuned!

Markus & the entire OOTP Developments Team

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 06-07-2017 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #2
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

>> we've come to the conclusion that only Francis Cole has the ability and knowledge to complete his design.

>> Unfortunately, his illness makes that work impossible. We wish him the best in his recovery.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #3
mattlew7062
Minors (Single A)

Thank you for all you guys do!

I can't wait for (Insert New Game Name Here) in the future!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Old 06-07-2017, 03:24 PM   #4
mattlew7062
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
>> we've come to the conclusion that only Francis Cole has the ability and knowledge to complete his design.

>> Unfortunately, his illness makes that work impossible. We wish him the best in his recovery.

Thanks Francis for what you have done for this community!

Wish you luck in your recovery!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Old 06-07-2017, 04:45 PM   #5
Baldric
Bat Boy

Thank you Francis. Hopefully one day you are able to complete the vision for your game.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Leaving BTS is probably the best move because that definitely was Francis' baby. No matter who cam on to the development team, they weren't going to be able to complete his vision for the game. I wish you all the best Francis!

I'm excited to see details on the new game in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-08-2017, 01:09 PM   #7
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Best wishes for your continued recovery Francis. I also hope that maybe one day you will be well enough to finish your game. Your ideas for Beyond The Sidelines Football were great and I hope they can still come to fruition. Take care

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Old 06-08-2017, 04:18 PM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanks for the kind words, guys!
Old 06-09-2017, 01:02 AM   #9
james17
All Star Starter

Francis one day you'll finish your game and I intend to buy it.

Markus, even though it's another year to wait for, I think a total redesign with a new team is a great idea. I got the impression that things hadn't been going well with trying to finish Francis project. And hopefully someone from the new team will monitor and comment occasionally on the new football forum.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #10
keeks
Minors (Single A)

Well ****
Old 06-09-2017, 01:31 PM   #11
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

wow!! i want to help in this project!! i love football!!
Old 06-11-2017, 04:10 AM   #12
MisterCubs
Minors (Single A)

I will buy the game if the options are tantamount to those of OOTP and FHM in terms of creating leagues and teams. I don't mind waiting for this game, all that means is hard work and a fantastic product from the OOTPD team. So take your time, guys.

To paraphrase from another great sporting movie, If you make it we will play

Golden League - Beleria

Last edited by MisterCubs; 09-23-2017 at 05:33 AM.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:24 AM   #13
gdspd
Minors (Rookie Ball)

"based on the OOTP and FHM interfaces"

I remember reading somewhere that BTS was using OOTP as a base and thus would be Linux compatible. Any idea on if this new game will run on Linux? I'm asking for clarification since OOTP does, and FHM doesn't.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #14
SamC
Bat Boy

Hi Markus,

Sad news that BTS is unable to continue but I'm sure it was a great project from Francis and it was so unfortunate that it couldn't see the light of day.

Please let us know if there's any way we can register interest to volunteer for the new game.

As the release isn't until late 2018 I'm sure there are skills in the community that can be useful to the team.

Skills other than coding and testing like research, marketing and strategy. I've worked in marketing for 10 years so can certainly contribute with research, insights, planning and storytelling that could be helpful as you prepare for the 2018 launch.

Last edited by SamC; 06-11-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:19 AM   #15
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdspd View Post
"based on the OOTP and FHM interfaces"

I remember reading somewhere that BTS was using OOTP as a base and thus would be Linux compatible. Any idea on if this new game will run on Linux? I'm asking for clarification since OOTP does, and FHM doesn't.
I could be wrong but I don't believe this is the case. I don't know how close the game was to being completed but if you see the videos of the game before it became affiliated with OOTP Dev it was very far into production at least from what the videos show. I would imagine it would be very difficult to go back around and make the base run like OOTP. Instead (again guessing) a lot of the work was being done to OOTPize the existing game Francis had created.

I'm quite disappointed having seen those videos I believe that the game Francis was designing would have been a game changer for football fans, and now were left to wonder what could have been.

I'm sorry that he got sick, and I hope he has a full recovery. My mother also suffered a stroke and its scary stuff. Best of luck in your recovery Francis.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:41 AM   #16
dmytron

I hope new game will be made on PISD, not on Qt. OOTP 18 runs smoothly on my PC, but FHM lags horribly.

Old 06-12-2017, 06:33 AM   #17
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
I hope new game will be made on PISD, not on Qt. OOTP 18 runs smoothly on my PC, but FHM lags horribly.
Have you contacted our support about this? FHM runs very smooth (same as OOTP) on our test systems and I have not heard about any lagging issues from other customers. Maybe there is some piece of software on your PC that interferes.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:48 AM   #18
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
It would be great if you could give us a bit more info about "FHM lags horribly" so we can look into it. Since I don´t want to go off-topic here, maybe you can write me an email to: sebastian@ootpdevelopments.com

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #19
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

Thank you for the update Markus!

I'm very happy to hear that the team at OOTP is committed to bringing a football game to fans everywhere, and with the quality and depth we have become accustomed to. Sports gaming will have a new benchmark soon!
Old 06-15-2017, 08:16 AM   #20
Krillo
Minors (Single A)

Could you this time give us a maybe a monthly update or so on what's happening? Even when things isn't going so great. I'm just very exited fo this game and looking forward to finally play a great football game!