Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:51 PM   #121
adion
All Star Starter

Changing skies

After the latest update, 18.5.57, when playing a historic game (no sky boxes) that background sky keep changing back and forth between day and night skies.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:02 AM   #122
Substance59
Minors (Rookie Ball)

After one of my players was out trying to steal home, everything after in the game log became boldened like scoring plays

Substance59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:16 AM   #123
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheesley1979 View Post
On Paul goldschmidt profile under personality. Favorite is spelled wrong. they have it as favourite. lol thought i would share
It's not spelled wrong.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:01 PM   #124
henry296
All Star Reserve

In a game recap the word "eeking" is misspelled as "eking"
henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:49 PM   #125
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

"Eking" is the correct spelling according to Merriam-Webster.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:50 AM   #126
henry296
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
"Eking" is the correct spelling according to Merriam-Webster.
I learn something new every day.
henry296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:11 PM   #127
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

"Needs a kick in the rear. \n"

This personality trait naming has the \n coming up with it.
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:24 PM   #128
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Fixed.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:30 AM   #129
Mikey21
Bat Boy

Angry problems with computer run GM

Is there away that I switch back to myself being the team GM, without restarting the season over again? I have had 2 major problems.1st, it retired a player during the season, while that player is still active today in MLB. 2nd, I lost a valuable player, top pinch hitter and best all around bench man, who was underqualified by 20+ plate appearances for the league batting title so far. He was hitting .450 during the last month and a half. another player went on the DL, a player was called up from the minors in 2 games he gets hurt, yesterday he came off the DL, and instead of send him back to the minors the computer RANDOMLY puts one of my top players on waivers, and was claimed by another team, and is now on their roster. I wish there was away to get him back and nullify the waiver claim. I'm afraid this will happen again, during the season where I could lose one of my best pitchers or hitters, due to this stupid Random GM.
Mikey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #130
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey21 View Post
Is there away that I switch back to myself being the team GM, without restarting the season over again? I have had 2 major problems.1st, it retired a player during the season, while that player is still active today in MLB. 2nd, I lost a valuable player, top pinch hitter and best all around bench man, who was underqualified by 20+ plate appearances for the league batting title so far. He was hitting .450 during the last month and a half. another player went on the DL, a player was called up from the minors in 2 games he gets hurt, yesterday he came off the DL, and instead of send him back to the minors the computer RANDOMLY puts one of my top players on waivers, and was claimed by another team, and is now on their roster. I wish there was away to get him back and nullify the waiver claim. I'm afraid this will happen again, during the season where I could lose one of my best pitchers or hitters, due to this stupid Random GM.
Go to Manager Settings under the Managers name then select Control & Auto-Play Settings. There you can change you Role and who controls what, the computer or you.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:06 PM   #131
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

Division Names Missing

Having previously posted this as its own thread, I now realize it should have been posted here.

------

Is the fact that division names are missing from the in-game league report home page screen a bug? I ask because this has not been the case in previous versions, as well as the fact that they do appear when you select to open the page in an external browser. The exclusion of division names/separation within the in-game league reports seems a bit off.

Is this a design change from previous versions, a bug, or perhaps am I looking past something obvious?

Thanks,

In-game not showing up:

External browser where they do show up:
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:02 PM   #132
costevie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The skyline behind the 3D stadium model disappeared only for my home park (Fenway) about a month and a half into the season. Playing a standard 2017 game, didn't touch any of the files. Any idea how I can get it back?
costevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:19 PM   #133
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by costevie View Post
The skyline behind the 3D stadium model disappeared only for my home park (Fenway) about a month and a half into the season. Playing a standard 2017 game, didn't touch any of the files. Any idea how I can get it back?
Odd. I'd probably reselect it through the Edit Ballpark 3D Model then.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:00 PM   #134
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Are the sky box folders in the parks folder?
Old 06-28-2017, 08:22 PM   #135
costevie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Something weird happened when switching from default to wide view I think. I switched between the two during my next home game and that fixed the issue. Thanks guys.
costevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:49 PM   #136
JustinM
Major Leagues

Don't know if this is considered major or minor, so I'll put it here. There was a man on third base, bottom of the 10th. Batter hit a ball over the outfield's head, runner on third scores. Hit was scored a double. That's incorrect--it should have been a single.
JustinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:58 PM   #137
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Everything up to "Denny McLain" should not be there
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:01 PM   #138
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Something weird happened when switching from default to wide view I think. I switched between the two during my next home game and that fixed the issue. Thanks guys.
Yeah, I'm running into a bit of the switch-thing and leaving game and back again, where the 3D model seems very close, too close, then exit the editor and when back again in-game, it seems fine. Trying to find my zone of confidence in WYSIWYG, but there's not one.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:05 AM   #139
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

On the new PbP we re told if someone is close to hitting of the cycle sometimes. Problem is, it is incorrect. I have seen multiple times where it says the player just needs a double after he has collected a single, double and homer (should be just needs a triple) and now I have it saying he just needs a triple when he is 2 for 2.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #140
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Yep, we found the problem and fixed it hours after the patch went live. Unfortunately, we have to live with it until the next update.