Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #21
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

simulated to january 1st, 2018 from 2014. This is what i dont want after couple seasons....you see my issue or concern? I think i got an awesome league with some style. Been done I think before but havent seen it for couple versions of ootp
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Syxx34; 07-04-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Syxx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #22
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I need to see more that this to advise/correct.

Did you read the post I referenced previously? I think you will find things will settle in better, following that.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #23
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolduke View Post
I need to see more that this to advise/correct.

Did you read the post I referenced previously? I think you will find things will settle in better, following that.

what else do you need? Yes i did read it but thats really just for one level...i have three. If i havent to make them all even finances. Then I will. I want to try to resolve the situation before I get 23 gms, setup page, file and draft. I want to make sure I got the kinks all straighten out. I got them all except the finances. Ive tried tiered finances and level. I still get this result in the long run. I do not want to invest in four seasons and be shot in the foot by shotty finances.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:36 PM   #24
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

am running another test with:

1- AVG ATTENANDANCE 25,000 (ticket baseline is $25)
2- SEATS IN ALL STADIUMS 30,000
3- scouting budget baseline at 2 million
4- media same for all
5- unchecked the ability to change ticket prices
6- change national media contract to "same for every team"
7- change owner controls budget to "no use entire revenue"

questions i have:
1) Should I try to do a hard salary cap of 120/110/100 million for each league?

1B) If so revenue sharing? Luxury Tax or set percentage of income? if so what percent?

2) I have cash max at 25 million? too high?

3) Player Development budget baseline?

4) Draft pick compensation for lost players in FA

UPDATE (EDIT PART)
I dont think that page helped me out but what do I know. I wouldnt be here if i knew what i was doing. I just want to have it work correctly without having to much money but i dont want people -50 million dollars after 4 seasons. Anyone can help me...if i have to...i can upload a file some where and let someone look at it. I do want hard salary cap but if need be...we can make one amount for all three leagues if it helps and makes it easier. I just know i need help as i cant figure it out. As I know I am good commish and with a great idea here. Just need to help to fix this upfront and i believe people will enjoy the league. If not...might as well start a mlb league and just be another league. As this will be different league for sure. I just know I need help on this as I have been playing with the finances since the beginning of ootp14....so I have been trying for to long and stuck. This is the most help I got...again....ill be glad to zip the file and email it....if it helps.

RESULTS (ACCORDING TO FINANCE TAB)
AVG Team Revenue - $97,000,000
AVG Team Expenses (excl. players) - $15,200,000
AVG Player Payroll - $87,600,000
AVG Profit - $-5,800,000

Last edited by Syxx34; 07-04-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #25
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I'll be glad to look at the file if you want to post it some where, but I'll address some here.

1) As I understand your concept all three leagues are playable (e.g. as opposed to 1 league with a couple of minors). So yes you will have set financials for all three. Whether they are the same or no is up to you, but my suspicion is that once you understand the first one the others will be easier to do.

I appreciate the comments on the post and afterwards maybe you can help me edit it to be clearer. The financial set is not obvious and has to be done in steps (league set up, after league creation but before the draft, after the draft). After that it can and should run with little to no tweaking.

As for the questions

1A) You don't need a hard salary cap, unless you want one.

1B) Revenue sharing is up to you, but my preference is Luxury Tax because it penalizes teams that try to buy titles, so that they are forced to rebuild sooner. Whether you use it or not, it will not help the poorer clubs significantly, it is more of a deterrent to GMs blowing up the salaries (not fool-proof as we are talking real people vice the AI).

2) I am not a fan of Cash Max. If you set the financials up correctly, cash on hand shouldn't be a constant issue.

3/4) No financial reason to change these, unless you want to (as we get into all the leagues you may want to scale down the scouting and development budgets.

Changes in setup.

I would reduce the average attendance to 25,000. As I tried to explain in the post, OOTP inflates these terribly, so limit them early and then adjust them later. With his setting you will get an average attendance of about 33,000.

We are just talking league 1 here as you will need to adjust the other leagues financials, but get one league running first.

From this setup, create the game. Then go in and adjust the seating for each park to whatever the game set as the minimum. What you have now create is a fairly level revenue system. It will move around a bit, but it is fairly constrained. That is the key.

Next go to the initial draft and set a draft budget. It will default to some value between 110,000,000 and 160,000,000, you want to enter 110,000,000 and set for all teams.

Then run the draft. After the draft is run, go to stats/team stats/financials and make sure all the teams have the same market size, fan loyalty and fan interest. Edit any outliers.

You will have to do these steps when you go live as well, this is not just for the test. If you set a cash Max what you want to see is that most teams don't make more that that in a season (there will always be a couple because of the AI, same is true for going in the red. However, what is the team average. Is that in line with expectations.

If you need more or less revenue, adjust the media values. The game will always inflate whatever value you enter in the local media, but not the value you enter in the national media. So you can add and subtract there (at least initially) to find your balance.

Once league 1 is done, you can either replicate for the other leagues or scale them down a bit.

I saw your PM. Feel free to PM with questions.

Hope this helps.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 07-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #26
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

I am going to do them all even (leagues)...I think i am just going to draft via cpu/ai. Then everyone can pick a team. So I know I have all setting correct. That way i dont have to wait for everyone to pick players and also I dont have to make everyone wait while I manually edit all teams. So i am going to see if I can do this. Lets hope...lol
Old 07-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #27
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Whether you/ai draft or the players draft, you still have to do the steps or things will get out of sorts.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 07-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #28
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolduke View Post
Whether you/ai draft or the players draft, you still have to do the steps or things will get out of sorts.
drafting takes time and then i got to put in the picks and then edit every team to level playing field to start. As if i do it now...we are ready to roll and play. You can always trade players away. Just gets it all done faster by letting the ai pick. Everyone is even.