Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 04-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

Newbie, Setup Questions:

So, I've read the online help guide & searched these threads; but, am still a little unclear on when it's best to choose Major League, Historical League or Fictional League.

My Ideal: Start a league with fictional teams (fictional cities/locations) names but real players from 1977 and carry forward. Two 10 team "sub-leagues", 90 game season with no inter league play. Either no playoffs, or a scenario where all teams make the playoffs, and have 5 game series.

Is it better to choose a fictional league and import players, or choose a historical league, and modify the league settings (or another option I don't see)????

Ideally, I'd like to be able to carry over the history/career stats & records. Will not have minors; but would want a reserve roster. From reading these boards, its seems like a Historical league would work, or am I locked in on schedules/playoff structure?
I will likely run in commissioner mode & disable coaches, scouting & finances (though I'm not adverse to adding finances later).

The Last kicker: I'd love to setup as a Promotion/Relegation system like European sports/soccer: 1st 10 team Sub-League as the top division; 2nd as level below - bottom 3 from 1st sub-league in '77 go to 2nd sub-leauge in '78; Top 3 from2nd league move up; bottom 3 replaced by "new" franchises. I get that I can move teams between leagues. But any ideas/methods to "keep" historical records of "demoted"/non-league franchises? I'd like to be able to keep history of a '77 franchise demoted in '78 that "comes back" in '79 or'80.
Any thoughts on this?

Seems like a fictional league would work better for the setup - but, I'm NOT interested in fictional players, and want to minimize importing/make it as easy as possible between seasons (moving from '77 to '78).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Lordofbrewtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:09 PM   #2
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

Just to clarify: I would want to have a player draft in year 1/'77 (NOT just rename "real" teams/but disperse players). Not sure if Historical League allows that.
Lordofbrewtown is offline   Reply With Quote