Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2014, 08:04 PM   #21
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

must have broken it, now it crashes when i try to go to the next day.
asilvermtzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:59 PM   #22
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

just started a new save with just the nhl and ahl playable and its moving much better so far.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:17 PM   #23
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Out of curiosity was it a savegame from a old build?
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:22 PM   #24
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

nope, brand new.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:51 AM   #25
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Choice, choice and more choice. Games like this LIVE on choice.

For historical games it's great you have strike shortened seasons now, but it was nice before when we could re-create and play full seasons in 94-95, but now that option is gone. It was there, and it worked, and now you "fixed" it by replacing it with something else. How about you leave the option/feature which was already there and offer us THE CHOICE of doing a shortened season or not?

Really getting frustrated here. This game needs someone who actually understands:
A) The hockey world outside of second tier European markets
B) The stats gaming market
C) Basic software development QA and roll outs

I don't doubt the talent and dedication of the people writing the code and doing the research, but the way this game is managed is baffling!
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:01 AM   #26
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asilvermtzion View Post
just started a new save with just the nhl and ahl playable and its moving much better so far.
We tried the single days on a Mac and it was about 20 seconds, as expected, so nothing seems to be off there. My best guess, if a new game is working ok, would be some kind of corruption in the save.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:03 AM   #27
Arkon
Bat Boy

It feels like the value of draft picks by the AI has swung too far the other way now. As the penguins I have noticed that my team defense really is worse with Letang in the line up than out of it. While he brings offense, I am trying to tighten up. Multiple teams, all doing decently well who had a need for a RD. I tried to do numerous trades that included a first round pick coming back (For a guy under a long term contract, who is a Norris finalist) and not a single team took me up on a combo, let alone a straight up Letang for a first.

Have seen players worth far less in the NHL get moved for a first round pick.
Arkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #28
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
It feels like the value of draft picks by the AI has swung too far the other way now. As the penguins I have noticed that my team defense really is worse with Letang in the line up than out of it. While he brings offense, I am trying to tighten up. Multiple teams, all doing decently well who had a need for a RD. I tried to do numerous trades that included a first round pick coming back (For a guy under a long term contract, who is a Norris finalist) and not a single team took me up on a combo, let alone a straight up Letang for a first.

Have seen players worth far less in the NHL get moved for a first round pick.
yeah , that´s odd...i always trade away LeDingo while playing the Pens and somehow all the other teams do know how overrated he is...lol
And you´re right - raping the AI for high picks usually is easy except for a few players

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:47 AM   #29
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Has the editing improved since the last patch? I have yet too download the new patch.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #30
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Hmm, okay, I started a new History mode game and have a problem:

I strted in 1973 so I could take over the Scouts when the NHL expands. Just for the heck of it I took the Houston Aeros for '73-74 and kicked a little buttocks before moving on to the big time in '74-75. I became GM of the Scouts, did the expansion drft and the regular draft and had a mediocre season, which was expected. I set myself up with two good 1st rnd picks in '75-76 so when that draft rolled around and was blank I was bummed. What happened? Did I do something wrong? Or did I misinterpret that this was fixed?

I am so very bummed. I had really begun to get into this game and this keeps killing my enthusiasm.

EDIT: as an aside, the is the ONLY aspect of the game that is critically missing for me. Players develop and the franchises can be managed at many different level. The one thing missing in history mode is a consistent draft.

Last edited by AEWHistory; 04-08-2014 at 10:25 PM.
AEWHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:30 PM   #31
pucku33
Major Leagues

A few things I've noticed:

-Ratings STILL are not updating automatically on own team. Need to manually "save changes" for them to change.

-Every team is +51% on faceoffs, how is that mathematically possible?

-Wordage is still off, "Goals Against SH" should be "Powerplay Goals Allowed" or something to that nature.

-Game preview is nice, but automatically counts that game before it's even started. That game shouldn't already count against them in stats.

-Game preview shows "(Player) is making their debut" even if they are the backup goalie and NOT making their debut and shows that message for every game until they play their first game

-Double-Minor and Major penalties are far too few (only noticed one major in 3 seasons of manual playing out games)

-Starter is on a very long leash and should be pulled if getting shelled

-Goalies are never pulled for extra attacker when losing late in the game

-Have yet to see a 5-3 PP
pucku33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:54 PM   #32
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post
Hmm, okay, I started a new History mode game and have a problem:

I strted in 1973 so I could take over the Scouts when the NHL expands. Just for the heck of it I took the Houston Aeros for '73-74 and kicked a little buttocks before moving on to the big time in '74-75. I became GM of the Scouts, did the expansion drft and the regular draft and had a mediocre season, which was expected. I set myself up with two good 1st rnd picks in '75-76 so when that draft rolled around and was blank I was bummed. What happened? Did I do something wrong? Or did I misinterpret that this was fixed?

I am so very bummed. I had really begun to get into this game and this keeps killing my enthusiasm.

EDIT: as an aside, the is the ONLY aspect of the game that is critically missing for me. Players develop and the franchises can be managed at many different level. The one thing missing in history mode is a consistent draft.

Okay, I decided to try re-running the settings I've used: I started in 1973 but this time I let it run without taking a job. There was a draft in 1974 but in 1975 the draft board was empty again.

Oh poop....
Old 04-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #33
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Started a new game and it just passed over the draft completely. Anyone else had this?

Well I force quit and reloaded my save and when the draft day came up I went into it manually this time and it worked.

Last edited by highheat42; 04-09-2014 at 10:41 AM.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #34
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Okay, I decided to try re-running the settings I've used: I started in 1973 but this time I let it run without taking a job. There was a draft in 1974 but in 1975 the draft board was empty again.

Oh poop....
hmm, very odd...after i read your reply i started a new game in 1973 too and ran it through 4 seasons - all draft worked properly 1974-78

Maybe Seb or Jeff can help you out on this

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 04-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #35
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
hmm, very odd...after i read your reply i started a new game in 1973 too and ran it through 4 seasons - all draft worked properly 1974-78

Maybe Seb or Jeff can help you out on this
Hi duranium,

TYVM for checking for me. I can't help but wonder if I'm doing something wrong or using a setting that is having an odd effect. The thing is I thought that the settings I was using were fairly standard. I click on all the boxes when I start such as to generate rookies at 17 and so on. I left it so I could be fired this time (I think, I should go back and check) but I might have commish mode on. I have 1.6.8 version, right? The only thing I can think of that might be a problem is I deleted my original install because when I updated it seemed to corrupt. So I just uninstalled the original game and installed from scratch with 1.6.8. I can't think of any reason why that would do this, but who knows.

If anyone can help that would be awesome. In the meantime I'm going to sim out this game another season to see if the next draft generates. I figure it won't but what is odd is there are a bunch of unsignable FAgents in the pool, so maybe I hit on an odd bug or something.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:59 PM   #36
Duranium
All Star Starter

try it with...

Automatically exapnd: ON
Hold Expansion draft: ON
Draft Rookies: ON
Generate Rookies at 17: OFF

run 2-3 seasons automatically and let me know if the drafts worked

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 04-10-2014, 12:20 AM   #37
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
try it with...

Automatically exapnd: ON
Hold Expansion draft: ON
Draft Rookies: ON
Generate Rookies at 17: OFF

run 2-3 seasons automatically and let me know if the drafts worked
Duranium, it worked!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I can't wait to get going on a new game now.

As an aside, do you happen to know why did that setting screwed me up so bad? Was I never supposed to be using that setting? It seemed like such an innocuous check-box....

EDIT: just to finish my point in my post above, I did go ahead and sim another year from my game where the draft stopped. I went to the next year and, as expected, the draft did not generate. So it wasn't a fluke or anything like that. It seems pretty clear that the 17 year olds check box is the culprit. Again, thanks very much Duranium!

Last edited by AEWHistory; 04-10-2014 at 12:24 AM.
AEWHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:00 AM   #38
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Duranium, it worked!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I can't wait to get going on a new game now.

As an aside, do you happen to know why did that setting screwed me up so bad? Was I never supposed to be using that setting? It seemed like such an innocuous check-box....

EDIT: just to finish my point in my post above, I did go ahead and sim another year from my game where the draft stopped. I went to the next year and, as expected, the draft did not generate. So it wasn't a fluke or anything like that. It seems pretty clear that the 17 year olds check box is the culprit. Again, thanks very much Duranium!
great dude that it worked out for you

As the drafts worked well in all my recent historical test games i thought the only thing i never use is the "generate at 17" option - so it has to be this that causes the issue.

Anyway, another glitch discovered for the guys - they'll probably fix it with the next patch

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 04-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #39
h3ilp3rn
Bat Boy

Hey guys - thanks for the update! I'm excited to put it to work. Can you please answer my question I've asked repeatedly though? When I launch the game, I don't see any text on the any of the button in the UI. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, to no avail. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
h3ilp3rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #40
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3ilp3rn View Post
Hey guys - thanks for the update! I'm excited to put it to work. Can you please answer my question I've asked repeatedly though? When I launch the game, I don't see any text on the any of the button in the UI. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, to no avail. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
Best thing would be to send Sebastian or JeffR a PM...i´m sure they´ll gladly help you out on the issue

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016