Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 03-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
Leefoo
Major Leagues

I started over and now I have THIS problem!

Somewhere I selected NO ALL STAR GAME Rosters.

Now it is trying to play the game without rosters!!!! Why the bleep would it do that? Now, I can't even find the option for the All Star game.

This frikkin game is really getting to me.
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
Somewhere I selected NO ALL STAR GAME Rosters.

Now it is trying to play the game without rosters!!!! Why the bleep would it do that? Now, I can't even find the option for the All Star game.

This frikkin game is really getting to me.
I went into my 1977 Game that I set up. Under Options I see "Hold All Star Game" and it is unchecked.

In my 2013 game, there is no such option and the game is now stuck on trying to play the game, which I am pretty darn sure I unchecked it, because it is unchecked in every league I set up.

Is there something wrong with this 2013 database?
Old 03-25-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Are you in the preseason?
Old 03-25-2014, 11:41 PM   #4
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Let me give you a bit of advice. I think you need to slow down, read through the OOTP 14 manual, and study all the different league options and how to use the advanced setup for your leagues.

You are trying to use many different features, and I don't think you understand how they are supposed to be used and how they affect your game database and your league. If you're still learning the game, you shouldn't be trying to clone players, create free agents, delete entire teams, or make other major changes, especially after your game has been created. Making major changes to a league structure or to your database after the game has been created opens up a lot of possibilities for inadvertently messing things up.

When creating a new game, don't use the wizard. It will assume that you want to use many options by default, but it seems like you want to do a lot of customization. So you should learn how to use the advanced setup instead, and there are a lot of custom options, so you'll need to understand those as well.

Otherwise, try to do something more simple like simply starting an MLB game and playing it with the default settings for a while. Give yourself a chance to learn the game before trying to customize it extensively.

Give yourself some time to get more familiar with the game and options. I suspect that there are settings turned on or turned off, and you didn't realize it when you created your game. And I suspect that you are trying to use features intuitively and you haven't read what they're designed to do, read when you can use them, and read how changes can potentially affect your database.

For example, if you're using the MLB quickstart or something similar, then you should not be doing things like deleting teams. A quickstart is not designed to be used for a custom game. It's a saved game that has already been created with the assumption that you want to play an MLB game with the default settings.

This is why it's important to understand the settings and what they do. And it's also important to know how to use the advanced setup.

The kinds of problems you're reporting almost never happen unless a setting was not used properly, there are conflicting settings, or you have tried to make major changes to your games after they've been created.

The game is not at all buggy, but users can potentially create bugs for themselves if they inadvertently corrupt their database or alter their leagues in the wrong way.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 03-25-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:09 AM   #5
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Charlie....i took someone's advice and uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Now everything (so far) seems to be working well. The new guys (FAs, trades) are now showing up in the DFA section, etc. So it appears that, at least THAT problem has been solved. I haven't checked anything else yet.

I REALLY appreciate your advice, but i am the kind of guy who likes to test everything out. I had run a 40s league with OOTP 12-13 but it has been awhile, so that's why I came here. I had already done some of this stuff. My 40s league was split into four divisions and I am in my 7th year.

As a result, I really hadn't anticipated any of these problems. I just wanted to run a current day league! Was that too much too ask? Lol.

Again, thanks...

Btw, I am a man....real men don't do manuals...we dive in.....

Last edited by Leefoo; 03-26-2014 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #6
Jythier
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
Charlie....i took someone's advice and uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Now everything (so far) seems to be working well. The new guys (FAs, trades) are now showing up in the DFA section, etc. So it appears that, at least THAT problem has been solved. I haven't checked anything else yet.

I REALLY appreciate your advice, but i am the kind of guy who likes to test everything out. I had run a 40s league with OOTP 12-13 but it has been awhile, so that's why I came here. I had already done some of this stuff. My 40s league was split into four divisions and I am in my 7th year.

As a result, I really hadn't anticipated any of these problems. I just wanted to run a current day league! Was that too much too ask? Lol.

Again, thanks...

Btw, I am a man....real men don't do manuals...we dive in.....
And then end up needing help from men who do read manuals.

True story
Jythier is offline   Reply With Quote