Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:24 PM   #21
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
Be prepared to be disappointed then. Jim has never been one to announce things until he's truly ready.
I'm sure this will upset a lot of people, but if this game is managed in anyway how FOF was managed it will be a complete flop and a huge disappointment. The best way to describe how I feel about FOF is that there was no football game available so Jim figured he would make a game to play for himself then decided to sell it when it was done kinda thing.

Jim is fantastic when it comes to the nuts and bolts of programming a football game. The FOF engine is pretty solid (although has some pretty big issues still), it is far superior to anyone else out there. However the PR side of things has always been a mess. A very old school "My way or the highway" type of attitude.

OOTP has never operated that way and is one of the things that has made the company as successful as it is.

Now were all eager for info because we've been waiting I think 4 years or so for the project to get off the ground. Will we be disappointed, sure but it won't be anything to be upset over we've waited this long whats another few months.

This isn't a knock on the graphics of FOF, but its not 2002 anymore the voice of the consumer is much more prevalent. Games need to have structure and plans. It is not good for business to do what FOF has done in the past in terms of how information gets released.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:18 PM   #22
burnshroom
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18 View Post
I'm sure this will upset a lot of people, but if this game is managed in anyway how FOF was managed it will be a complete flop and a huge disappointment. The best way to describe how I feel about FOF is that there was no football game available so Jim figured he would make a game to play for himself then decided to sell it when it was done kinda thing.

Jim is fantastic when it comes to the nuts and bolts of programming a football game. The FOF engine is pretty solid (although has some pretty big issues still), it is far superior to anyone else out there. However the PR side of things has always been a mess. A very old school "My way or the highway" type of attitude.

OOTP has never operated that way and is one of the things that has made the company as successful as it is.

Now were all eager for info because we've been waiting I think 4 years or so for the project to get off the ground. Will we be disappointed, sure but it won't be anything to be upset over we've waited this long whats another few months.

This isn't a knock on the graphics of FOF, but its not 2002 anymore the voice of the consumer is much more prevalent. Games need to have structure and plans. It is not good for business to do what FOF has done in the past in terms of how information gets released.
Wow.

I have re read this 3 times and have yet to see the point of this. I get what you are saying sure, because it's been said before. Said to the point where it need not be said anymore (IMO). Obviously Jim has recognized issues with the graphical display of previous iterations of FOF, and by teaming with OOTP has acknowledged as much.

But I don't feel this is the time not place to beat a dead horse. Most in this thread are clamoring for news about a game MANY of us are looking forward to... Obviously we shouldn't count you among that group.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:06 AM   #23
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18 View Post
Can't wait. Going to be a day 1 preorder.
You're right, I'm not looking forward to this game at all ...

Did I need to post it, definitely not and in hindsight its not fair to Jim and the team as this is a new project for everyone. Much like you're tired of hearing about people complaining about the way FOF has operated in the past, I'm tired of the blind support they get at times. I'd rather not bring this up and didn't plan to but I was just responding to the person who tries to temper excitement because it isn't the way Jim operates.

Trust me, I've been following BTS from back when Francis had it on youtube as a side project before it was even near picked up by OOTP and the day OOTP and FOF joined was one of the most excited I've been for a game that I can remember. I would rather not be negative about crap like this but if I'm going to have to hear about the way things have been done in the past then yes I'm probably going to take it there. I'm sorry.

Edit - Apparently dates aren't quoted, that is a thread from here in 2014, just so you know I'm looking forward more than you can imagine.

Last edited by drewst18; 04-26-2018 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #24
garion333
Minors (Double A)

Sorry, didn't mean for this to turn all negative.

I'm sure the marketing will be different from the way things were handled with FOF, but look at all the years' worth of posts people had clamoring for screenshots about Beyond the Sideline and getting nothing. You're not gonna get screenshots for the game until something is nearly finalized. That's how OOTP has operated and that's how FOF has operated.

The game isn't going to be out until the fall at the earliest, so I don't expect screenshots until then. They're aiming for today for a preliminary feature list, which is great and all, but if things haven't progressed enough then prepare to be disappointed.

Personally, I hope I'm wrong.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:44 AM   #25
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
. They're aiming for today for a preliminary feature list...
That most certainly has never been stated officially as far as I know and is nothing more than optimistic conjecture.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:09 PM   #26
BradG223
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
That most certainly has never been stated officially as far as I know and is nothing more than optimistic conjecture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Like I said in the announcement post, we'll be having more info in the coming months, specifically we're aiming for Draft Day to release more info and stuff like a preliminary feature list.
While it's by no means definitive Markus did say they were shooting for today two months ago. I'd consider what Markus said as an official statement.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #27
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradG223 View Post
While it's by no means definitive Markus did say they were shooting for today two months ago. I'd consider what Markus said as an official statement.
Ahh my apologies, I must have glossed over that post or forgotten about it. I thought people were taking an off-hand comment in a thread by Ben E Lou as the proof.

At any rate yes Markus is as official as it gets, so hopefully some news is coming !
Old 04-26-2018, 06:13 PM   #28
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Ahh my apologies, I must have glossed over that post or forgotten about it. I thought people were taking an off-hand comment in a thread by Ben E Lou as the proof.

At any rate yes Markus is as official as it gets, so hopefully some news is coming !
He did say they were "aiming" for. It would be nice but if it doesn't happen for a little bit longer I'm good with it.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:12 AM   #29
El_Toro50
Bat Boy

I'm hoping that his title will evolve and look to be a day one purchaser.

Last edited by El_Toro50; 04-27-2018 at 01:13 AM.