Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Korean

OOTP 19 - Korean For the Korean fans of OOTP!

Old 03-29-2018, 08:34 AM   #1
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Posting Fee

I was under the impression there isn't a maximum posting fee agreement between the KBO & MLB. In OOTP however, there is a posting fee of $25 M. Is there a reason for this?, or is it an oversight?

I think I did hear some rumors that a posting fee is being discussed between the two, but I also gathered it would likely be in the $9M neighborhood.

Thanks.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
Kyu-dong Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I was under the impression there isn't a maximum posting fee agreement between the KBO & MLB. In OOTP however, there is a posting fee of $25 M. Is there a reason for this?, or is it an oversight?

I think I did hear some rumors that a posting fee is being discussed between the two, but I also gathered it would likely be in the $9M neighborhood.

Thanks.
Since December 2013, ***'s maximum posting fee is $20M. But There's not official posting fee maximum between KBO & MLB. "Maximum 9M$" was a rumor.

However, in OOTP, if there isn't a maximum limit on posting system, I don't know why AI doesn't use any posting system. so we make fictional option, and that option is not bad. (in my opinion, maximum 10M$~15M$ would be good)
Kyu-dong Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #3
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Right now it’s 25 million, which is more than Nippon
Old 04-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #4
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu-dong Kim View Post
Since December 2013, ***'s maximum posting fee is $20M. But There's not official posting fee maximum between KBO & MLB. "Maximum 9M$" was a rumor.

However, in OOTP, if there isn't a maximum limit on posting system, I don't know why AI doesn't use any posting system. so we make fictional option, and that option is not bad. (in my opinion, maximum 10M$~15M$ would be good)
what if I set it to no limit? (just like actual KB) Will it affect the OOTP KBO league financially? Will it create an imbalance?, or would things be fine. I can't help but think there is a reason 25 million was chosen, but I don't know why.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:17 AM   #5
Kyu-dong Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
what if I set it to no limit? (just like actual KB) Will it affect the OOTP KBO league financially? Will it create an imbalance?, or would things be fine. I can't help but think there is a reason 25 million was chosen, but I don't know why.
No limit would be fine, but till OOTP18, whole posting system is out of order if we set posting fee limit to no limit. In ootp19, I didn't test that.

And, above all, there is a critical error at salary arbitration in KBO. Many teams release their important players to free agent, instead of arbitration. Maybe some problem of financial balance. I'm checking out that, and post a thread if I find why.

Last edited by Kyu-dong Kim; 04-08-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Kyu-dong Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:31 AM   #6
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I didn't realize KBO had arbitration...I always assumed it operated more like Japan.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:16 PM   #7
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

So you are saying quality players are NOT being offered arbitration, and thereby becoming free agents? Please let someone know about this, as the issue has the potential to affect international leagues. (specifically MLB because there isn’t a limit on foreign players). It sounds like there could be too many quality Korean things layers in the FA market as a result.