Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #1
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Two European leagues - both are unplayable

I created two European leagues ... one for DEL (Germany) and one for Nationalliga A (Switzerland).

In both leagues it's the same problem - I sim to the start of pre-season and then I can't play the first pre-season game because

Name:  screenshot_20151002_172234.png
Views: 598
Size:  4.4 KB

In my DEL-sim I tried to scratch foreign players from my active roster, but how many are "too many" ?? Scratching 4 foreign players was not enough ...

And if I, by accident, find the correct number - do I have to do this for each and every game ??

When I ask the AI to set up my organization, why doesn't the AI set this up correct ??

I also posted this earlier this week in the "first impression"-thread and didn't get an answer, so I'll try it here.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:15 PM   #2
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Any ideas what to do ?
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
CmdrSharp
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Same issue here but for SHL (a league which scrapped that rule over a year ago). Doesn't seem like it ended up getting fixed in the first patch either judging by patchnotes. Since this is the only league I'm interested in playing, it's kind of a bummer.
CmdrSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:52 PM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Two solutions:

1. If you play yourself, in the patch we added the info on prospects needed and foreigners allowed on the roster screen, so you know exactly how many you need to add/remove.

2. If you want the AI to handle the situation, you need to make sure MANAGE_TRANSACTIONS is set to AI, because to resolve the situation, it has to do transactions (if MANAGE_TRANSACTIONS is set to Human it can't make any moves and therefor not solve the problem).

For league rules that are not accurate, we will look into it as soon as possible.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #5
HefHughner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yep, have to agree with OP. I just tried to play Krefeld and its unplayable.

Whenever i try to sign a non-german player i get the notification that i have too many foreigners on active roster.

If i release foreign players i get the notification that there are not enough players for a proper lineup. I can only advance if i set the ai to handle transactions.

But then i started to get the too many foreigners message again.

I also assigned scouts to foreign players i wanted to sign, but i got nothing, no scouting report, no additional infos in the profile... as if the scouting never happend.
HefHughner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:38 AM   #6
redsea
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HefHughner View Post
Yep, have to agree with OP. I just tried to play Krefeld and its unplayable.

Whenever i try to sign a non-german player i get the notification that i have too many foreigners on active roster.

If i release foreign players i get the notification that there are not enough players for a proper lineup. I can only advance if i set the ai to handle transactions.

But then i started to get the too many foreigners message again.

I also assigned scouts to foreign players i wanted to sign, but i got nothing, no scouting report, no additional infos in the profile... as if the scouting never happend.
I just started a season with Krefeld to test this issue. If u have the problem with not enough players u can just call someone up from your farm/youth team. Worked for me.

In the Manager Options are team control settings and maybe u enabled the assistant to scout for you? If that's the case the ai will delete your scouting request for the assigned player and switch it to something else (like 16 weeks DEL scouting).
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:54 AM   #7
archibalduk
All Star Starter

I think this is similar/ the same as the UK rosters issue: The game disregards the Maximum Foreigners on Roster limit and instead enforces the Maximum Dressed Limit as the roster limit

E.g. in the EIHL and EPL there is no roster limit but there is a dressed limit. It is common in the EIHL in particular for a team to have more foreigners than they can dress (e.g. for injury cover and to rotate players, etc). Thus the game regards these teams as being over the limit. As I understand it, the AI cannot cope with an unlimited foreigner limit as it'll go into a foreigner signing frenzy. Hence it'll use the Dressed Limit as the Roster Limit. (Hopefully I've explained that clearly; I'm not 100% sure I have).

Unfortunately there are a number of roster/rule issues other than the above that really get in the way of the European experience right now (the list below is meant as constructive feedback rather than a complaint):

- It won't allow me to dress fewer than four forward lines (in smaller Euro leagues it is common to roll just three lines);
- It won't allow more than 23 players on the roster. Although the reserve lists of FHM 1 are gone, I still have to send players to junior/affiliate teams to get around this rule. AFAIK teams in many Euro leagues are unrestricted as to the size of their rosters;
- I can't put a player on more than one line (e.g. I cannot play a player on, say, the third and fourth lines or on one forward line and one defence line);
- Not a Euro issue, but still a roster-related pain: I cannot advance a day if I have an injury in my line-up. If I do not have a game that day, I should be able to leave an injured/suspended player in the line-up.

P.s. I'm sorry to the OOTP Devs for raising this yet again (I must sound like a broken record). The only reason I mention it again is because it has been raised in this thread.

P.p.s. I think it is worth mentioning that Sebastian is already well aware of users' feedback on the Euro leagues and has taken it on board.

Last edited by archibalduk; 10-04-2015 at 07:56 AM.
archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote