Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Fictional League questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
What exactly do you want to do with the game?
OOTP has the option of filling all teams rosters with fictional players( incase sometimes teams don't have enough players too play a game). I have over 200 team Leagues and it would take forever too fill rosters if that option wasn't available. Hockey would be less a problem with fewer teams.

Many of my Fictional Leagues in FHM (first version) refused to start the season because many teams didn't have enough players. I for one,don't pay that much attention to rosters unless I can make player transactions.

I want to play Fictional Leagues will full rosters (unless making transactions becomes easier) and play out 2 or three games on the schedule per day.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 02-26-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I moved this out of the other thread as it is a totally different topic.

Can you please explain to me what exactly you do, that you end up with roster with not enough player? That would help us to evaluate the problem.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:12 PM   #3
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I moved this out of the other thread as it is a totally different topic.

Can you please explain to me what exactly you do, that you end up with roster with not enough player? That would help us to evaluate the problem.
Whenever I start a new Fictional League(commish mode),most of the times,when the first regular season game(s) appear,there might be a team or two that doesn't have enough players on the roster so the game crashes. Another person informed me of the problem a long time ago and mentioned rosters not having enough players.

Has the problem been corrected? Haven't played in awhile. Test a game,start a season with one team having 10 players and see what happens.

I usually don't pay attention to the rosters(unless I can make transactions) so I am more interested in the game result .

If the game crashes,first thing I do is go over every teams roster too see if there are enough players. This always fixes the problem.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 02-26-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:32 PM   #4
viktors89
Bat Boy

I dO recall a user in the bug thread saying that he had this problem where he had his starter and back-up goalie injured as well as one of this two ahl goalies injured.

So he only had one goalie and he wasn't able to sign another goalie as he had a game that same day. Because of this situation he wasn't able to advance the game as he needs two goalies and got stuck in that point of the save and could not advance no matter what he did.

EHM in this case filled the position with a fictional goalie that lasted for one day I think.

I post this as I think it can have some relation with situations of not having enough players in the roster.

Last edited by viktors89; 02-26-2015 at 02:33 PM.
viktors89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #5
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
I dO recall a user in the bug thread saying that he had this problem where he had his starter and back-up goalie injured as well as one of this two ahl goalies injured.

So he only had one goalie and he wasn't able to sign another goalie as he had a game that same day. Because of this situation he wasn't able to advance the game as he needs two goalies and got stuck in that point of the save and could not advance no matter what he did.

EHM in this case filled the position with a fictional goalie that lasted for one day I think.

I post this as I think it can have some relation with situations of not having enough players in the roster.
I seemingly only have this problem at the start of the season. Once I correct it. it's clear sailing for the rest of the season(maybe once or twice rosters have been incomplete during the season).
Old 02-26-2015, 06:12 PM   #6
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will I be able to turn NHL teams into fictional teams(and vice-a-versa Fictional teams into NHL teams)?

Example-Detroit Red Wings Take 5 Red Wings and give them to NY Islanders,5 Red Wings go to Buffalo,5 Red Wings go to Anaheim and 5 Red Wings go to Calgary. Then change their name to the Detroit Cougars and acquire 5 players from Arizona,Montreal ,Florida and Tampa Bay.

Forgot to ask about NHL expansion-Do the minor leagues(AHL/ECHL) automatically add teams as well?

Thanks

Last edited by Orioles1966; 02-26-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:02 AM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I seemingly only have this problem at the start of the season. Once I correct it. it's clear sailing for the rest of the season(maybe once or twice rosters have been incomplete during the season).
I try to find out if that is a bug or not, so maybe you can help me by going step by step through this:

You have the newest FHM version installed (1.6.19)? You start a fictional game? Do you edit anything or do you just start simulating?
Old 02-27-2015, 06:20 AM   #8
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I try to find out if that is a bug or not, so maybe you can help me by going step by step through this:

You have the newest FHM version installed (1.6.19)? You start a fictional game? Do you edit anything or do you just start simulating?

Yes,as far as I know its the newest version. Just to make sure-where is the game version located on the game?

No editing-I go straight to the regular season opening day. It happens 60-70 percent of the time(not enough players on rosters). Maybe 2 or 3 teams need additional players. Its happened maybe 3 or 4 times before in the middle of the season. No other crashes besides that.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:42 AM   #9
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Yes,as far as I know its the newest version. Just to make sure-where is the game version located on the game?

No editing-I go straight to the regular season opening day. It happens 60-70 percent of the time(not enough players on rosters). Maybe 2 or 3 teams need additional players. Its happened maybe 3 or 4 times before in the middle of the season. No other crashes besides that.
The version is on the Start Screen right after the game loaded (bottom of the screen).

When you start a new game, what setup do you choose?
Old 02-27-2015, 06:47 AM   #10
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

New Custom League-30 teams, 2 conferences,6 divisions,82 games .commish mode.