Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 12-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #401
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanIvanovich View Post
I'm sorry but that's baloney!

In the USA and Canada every single junior and college and AHL game is televised.

No scout worth their salt uses TV. They do use specialized video and attend games, they talk to coaches and other teams scouts... It's about the individual player and that's not what TV covers. How hard does the player hustle when he's not involved in the play? How good is his stamina? TV doesn't tell you those things...

If a competitor drops their rights to a prospect, how do you expect any manager to get an up to date assessment of this player by setting up scouts in ADVANCE?

Easy - If a scout is assigned to a league of 8-12 teams, he will see each team 6-8 times per season, and besides general attributes on all players, he only concentrates on the top 5 players. So if this player hasn't been scouted specifically - he must not be anything special!

I'm basing my wants on what a manager would do in real life and asking for a video review by his scouts is EXACTLY what he would do!

To use the statement from earlier - if you are offered a player that you haven't heavily scouted it would be likely that that player didn't measure up enough to draw the attention of your league scout... So do you really want a third pair defenseman anyway???

This isn't about ONLY trades it's also about waivers (24-48-96) hours, and quick decision on or close to transfer deadlines.

As we agreed on earlier one of FHM's fixes needs to be about the waiver of good players, however players that are waivered generally fall into two categories 1) Overpaid Has Beens 2) Lowest Common Denominator - the lowest paid or most stocked position in the organization. Rarely will you find a productive gem in these hills.

I reiterate what I've been saying for a long time; The weakest part of this managing game is the managing part.
There are some issues that we completely agree upon and some we apparently completely disagree about. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from as far as this game and my experience.
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #402
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
I'm sorry but that's baloney!

In the USA and Canada every single junior and college and AHL game is televised.

If a competitor drops their rights to a prospect, how do you expect any manager to get an up to date assessment of this player by setting up scouts in ADVANCE?

I'm basing my wants on what a manager would do in real life and asking for a video review by his scouts is EXACTLY what he would do!

This isn't about ONLY trades it's also about waivers (24-48-96) hours, and quick decision on or close to transfer deadlines.

I reiterate what I've been saying for a long time; The weakest part of this managing game is the managing part.
Players have the puck on their sticks on average for 0.2 percent of a game, and 8 seconds per game...these are facts that the OMHA provides. That makes scouting from watching broadcast of games rather complicated as more often than not you do not have the player in question in view.

Sure there are video departments with NHL teams, but they are not judging other players on other teams based on that, and when they do, it does not carry much weight. When a scout is watching a game, he is watching a particular player constantly...seeing where he goes with the puck, without the puck, watching his skating stride, backchecking, etc etc. This cannot be done effectively with a basic broadcast of a game. NHL Video departments have limitations but are for showing their team and individual errors for strategizing and player improvement.

A broadcast of a european, junior, or pro game might get a GMs attention to send a scout to watch a particular player - in other words, get a player on his radar, but they would never sign a player based on that alone.

Last edited by dave1927p; 12-22-2014 at 03:17 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:45 AM   #403
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Yes, we've offered refunds outside the normal refund window, which is 2 weeks. (AFAIK, Steam doesn't offer refunds, so unfortunately we can't do anything about those sales, but we could work something out.)

Anyone who wants to take advantage of that can PM me. Thanks.

EDIT: Please note that we're looking at this on a case-by-case basis. Anyone who wants a refund after a year will likely not get one, for example.
That public pledge to give refunds wasn't worth very much now was it?

Please honour it or face legal action!
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:30 AM   #404
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:

What exactly is your problem? Do you have nothing in your live that you enjoy so you have to come here and make nothing else then trouble for us, the developers, and the people who enjoy FHM and are interested in discussing the ongoing development of the game?

So please go ahead and sue us for whatever reasons you think we are guilty off but for god sake, please just stop posting such stupid crap anonymous on our board and then do nothing.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #405
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:

This is the funniest thing I've read in days. Legal action.

Here's hoping your request for a refund gets a reply of "Shove off". Hopefully your head won't explode.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #406
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
What exactly is your problem? Do you have nothing in your live that you enjoy so you have to come here and make nothing else then trouble for us, the developers, and the people who enjoy FHM and are interested in discussing the ongoing development of the game?

So please go ahead and sue us for whatever reasons you think we are guilty off but for god sake, please just stop posting such stupid crap anonymous on our board and then do nothing.
You've made a public pledge to give refunds to those customers that are unhappy with the product.

You are now refusing to do so, and are not honouring that pledge.

I've given Brad 48 hours to comply with the promise that he made on this board and I'll will wait that long but not one second longer before I file a complaint.

I deeply regret ever having made business with you or your company. It was a big mistake on my part.

You have NOT made good on a single one of your promises. The product does not in any way resemble what it is advertised as being. You have repeatedly lied about when updates will be released and what they will contain and when people complain you insult them.

Your response here is a very good example of how not to treat paying customers and I say this as someone running a business myself.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #407
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
This is the funniest thing I've read in days. Legal action.

Here's hoping your request for a refund gets a reply of "Shove off". Hopefully your head won't explode.

Have a nice Christmas too
Old 12-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #408
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
You've made a public pledge to give refunds to those customers that are unhappy with the product.

I've given Brad 48 hours to comply with the promise that he made on this board and I'll will wait that long but not one second longer before I file a complaint.

I deeply regret ever having made business with you or your company. It was a big mistake on my part.

You have NOT made good on a single one of your promises. The product does not in any way resemble what it is advertised as being. You have repeatedly lied about when updates will be released and what they will contain and when people complain you insult them.

Your response here is a very good example of how not to treat paying customers and I say this as someone running a business myself.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #409
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Quote:

If that's the case, then NHL2K and EA are on my list. Oh, and not to mention SEGA, or maybe Sony? Did the Commodore 64 have a hockey game?

Legal action? Really, dude? This is what happens when you drink the egg nog and post.

Sebastian, everyone who posts here needs a mandatory breathalyzer test.

Can't find the help you need? Try here:
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
StrikeFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #410
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:

Dude, get a life, seriously .....or even better, a therapy

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #411
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
Dude, get a life, seriously .....or even better, a therapy
There's not enough therapy in the world to help him.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #412
dmytron

Quote:
I don't read FHM forums so thoroughly so I would like to see the quote of this.

I'm sorry but for the man who runs his own business IvanIvanovich is too anxious. It looks like a trolling sometimes, no wonder there are cynical comments from another forum users.

Quote:
Do you cry out loud the way of your post to every your customer who allegedly have broken his promise/payment?

Quote:
You have repeatedly lied about when updates will be released and what they will contain.
Did these "lies" cost you money?

Quote:
Anyone who wants a refund after a year will likely not get one, for example.
I must admit, though, that he shouldn't probably get refund after a year of his purchase not the date of game release. However, IvanIvanovich is on this forum since January 2014 so he must have bought the game around this time. So why didn't he asked for a refund before? He had 11 months to do so?

However, I like your nick, IvanIvanovich, (obviously).
Old 12-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #413
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:

A "public pledge" isn't a binding contract between yourself and the devs. Even if they had offered directly to you to allow a late refund request outside of the period they offered at the point of purchase, a further offer requires fresh consideration. Clearly no such consideration has been provided.

I imagine if you asked nicely, OOTP might consider giving you a refund outside of the usual period. However, they're clearly not bound to (try Googling "deemed acceptance following failure to timely reject").

I think even Perry Mason would struggle with this one!
Old 12-24-2014, 10:27 PM   #414
dsthom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
A "public pledge" isn't a binding contract between yourself and the devs. Even if they had offered directly to you to allow a late refund request outside of the period they offered at the point of purchase, a further offer requires fresh consideration. Clearly no such consideration has been provided.

I imagine if you asked nicely, OOTP might consider giving you a refund outside of the usual period. However, they're clearly not bound to (try Googling "deemed acceptance following failure to timely reject").

I think even Perry Mason would struggle with this one!
Whatever legalistic semantics you want to trot out, they don't do much to bolster the company's level of trust, good will, and ethics. The game has had critical features disabled (most glaringly editing) and falls far short of what was promised in pre-release PR. There are still many bugs and things that don't work like they should. In my case, since I use a Mac, I haven't even been able to launch the game for months.

Anyone who values their time and money would do well to remind themselves of the Latin phrase "caveat emptor."

Last edited by dsthom; 12-27-2014 at 10:40 AM.
dsthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #415
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Anyway, happy holidays everybody !
Old 12-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #416
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

After a year? Damn, it'd be pretty nice to rent out a game for a year, and then get a full refund back when I return it. lmao... They didn't have to do anything after the two weeks to begin with.

Hey Ubisoft, I wasn't happy with the Mass Effect 3 ending, can I get a full refund?

I wonder if EA will give me a refund for NHL 13?
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:01 AM   #417
hluraven
Major Leagues

Quote:
I've given Brad 48 hours to comply with the promise that he made on this board and I'll will wait that long but not one second longer before I file a complaint

Well we are more than one second beyond your self decided deadline. Hopefully you have found a good lawyer who is so sure this is a valid case that they will be happy to work Boxing Day morning on it.
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #418
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thanks for the chuckle. Talk about small claims court! I wonder if this would even qualify for that.

Gosh, I'd be a millionaire (well, perhaps "thousandaire" or even "hundredaire" depending on their available assets) if I could successfully sue OOTPD for what they have NOT been able to produce right away over the years, even if "promised" in some manner.

As a reasonable man on that jury, my thought would be "buyer beware" and "obviously a new product undergoing development," followed by "all this ruckus over (what did I spend . . . was it $49 or $39, I forget)."

Spare me your comment about how "that's a lot of money to some people." I suppose so, but you parted with it readily enough on what you HAD TO KNOW was a work in progress.

Did you expect all bells and whistles up front? If so, then you were foolish. How about this thought: OOTPD needs the revenue to continue developing FHM, just like it has needed the revenue to develope OOTPB over these past 15 years or so.

Christmas is over, so now I can go back to my newly evolving persona and attitude in these forums. Grow up or go away. Or, even better, stupidly waste your time (and money) in trying to actuate your threat to "go legal."

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 05:03 AM   #419
Penfold75
Major Leagues

I remember when this forum was buzzing with the excitement of a new Hockey game. It has since descended into drivel, name calling, nonsensical legal threats and trolling. However, at times it can retain an air of being quite risable. Maybe one day it will even mention a new release :-)
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:06 AM   #420
dmytron

FHM forum: the cheapest way to get into the fight!