Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 06-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
Nuggett
Minors (Triple A)

Importing Players

This may be covered but can not find it.

How can I import a player from one league into another. I know how to import historical players, but what I am trying to do is to bring some of the new players into my league (ie Springer, etc).

He will not import properly throughh the Historical option. I noticed he is in the database when you start OOTP15 with Opening Day Rosters so I am trying to copy him into my current league.

Thanks.
Nuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #2
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggett View Post
This may be covered but can not find it.

How can I import a player from one league into another. I know how to import historical players, but what I am trying to do is to bring some of the new players into my league (ie Springer, etc).

He will not import properly throughh the Historical option. I noticed he is in the database when you start OOTP15 with Opening Day Rosters so I am trying to copy him into my current league.

Thanks.
The OOTP15 database has those players in it but they are not importable by player IDs. What you have to do is this: Start a test league with the MLB quickstart, then schedule a fantasy draft and all the amateurs will be available for draft. Export the rosters then and everyone should be there. Open the exported text file with Excel, delete the players you don't want, then save the file as a .csv file. Then, go to your OOTP 15 league and create the same number of free agents. Make sure you give all the created FAs the same age or position so they can easily be sorted. Once you've created them, export that league's rosters and open it with Excel. Sort out the created free agents and then copy and paste all the test league's rookies' info EXCEPT their player IDs over the created free agents' info. The reason you don't copy/paste the player IDs is that the tets league rookies won't import if their player IDs aren't in your OOTP 15 league database. Once you've done all that, save the OOTP 15 league rosters as a .csv file in the game's import_export folder and re-import into your game. All the rookies should appear. Hope this helps.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
The OOTP15 database has those players in it but they are not importable by player IDs. What you have to do is this: Start a test league with the MLB quickstart, then schedule a fantasy draft and all the amateurs will be available for draft. Export the rosters then and everyone should be there. Open the exported text file with Excel, delete the players you don't want, then save the file as a .csv file. Then, go to your OOTP 15 league and create the same number of free agents. Make sure you give all the created FAs the same age or position so they can easily be sorted. Once you've created them, export that league's rosters and open it with Excel. Sort out the created free agents and then copy and paste all the test league's rookies' info EXCEPT their player IDs over the created free agents' info. The reason you don't copy/paste the player IDs is that the tets league rookies won't import if their player IDs aren't in your OOTP 15 league database. Once you've done all that, save the OOTP 15 league rosters as a .csv file in the game's import_export folder and re-import into your game. All the rookies should appear. Hope this helps.

Couldn't hsve said it better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #4
Nuggett
Minors (Triple A)

A few steps involved, but it worked great. Only had 10-12 players to move over.

Thanks a lot for the help.
Nuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:29 PM   #5
Cardinal Rule
All Star Starter

I have a related player export/import question...

I want to create a new league along the lines of the USFL in football - a league that would start by running opposite of the MLB from January through May in warm-weather cities, eventually expanding and competing with the MLB. I'd like to take the MLB quickstart and import some percentage of the free agents into the new league for a inaugural draft.

So, if I read this correctly I should export from my NEW league, and replace the free agents with those I export from the MLB quickstart?

Will the player history come with him to the new league?

Are there any other ways to do this? Appreciate any suggestions...thanks!
Old 10-15-2014, 11:27 PM   #6
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Rule View Post
I have a related player export/import question...

I want to create a new league along the lines of the USFL in football - a league that would start by running opposite of the MLB from January through May in warm-weather cities, eventually expanding and competing with the MLB. I'd like to take the MLB quickstart and import some percentage of the free agents into the new league for a inaugural draft.

So, if I read this correctly I should export from my NEW league, and replace the free agents with those I export from the MLB quickstart?

Will the player history come with him to the new league?

Are there any other ways to do this? Appreciate any suggestions...thanks!
Correct. Just don't copy the player ID numbers from the MLB quickstart over the player IDs in your fictional league. Otherwise, the players won't transfer. This is the quickest way I have figured out to do it.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #7
Cardinal Rule
All Star Starter

Tried this today...

Exported rosters from MLB quickstart

Exported rosters from new league (UWBL) - found no players in the roster export. Went back to the game, realizing that all players were in the inaugural draft pool, so I used the Clear Rosters function, and then ran the Export Rosters function again. Now, all the players in the league show up in the export under the free agent section.

Opened both text files in Excel using comma delimiter.

Copied all free agent player fields (except not player ID) from the MLB quickstart export, and pasted them into the UWBL export.

Saved the UWBL export in existing format (Excel reported it as tab delimited).

Went back to the game and used the Import Rosters function selecting the UWBL text file, game appeared to begin import and then crashed. Repeated several times with crash each time.

Running in Win 8.1. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Old 10-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #8
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Tried this today...

Exported rosters from MLB quickstart

Exported rosters from new league (UWBL) - found no players in the roster export. Went back to the game, realizing that all players were in the inaugural draft pool, so I used the Clear Rosters function, and then ran the Export Rosters function again. Now, all the players in the league show up in the export under the free agent section.

Opened both text files in Excel using comma delimiter.

Copied all free agent player fields (except not player ID) from the MLB quickstart export, and pasted them into the UWBL export.

Saved the UWBL export in existing format (Excel reported it as tab delimited).

Went back to the game and used the Import Rosters function selecting the UWBL text file, game appeared to begin import and then crashed. Repeated several times with crash each time.

Running in Win 8.1. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Save it as a .csv file and re-import it.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #9
Cardinal Rule
All Star Starter

Worked perfectly - thanks!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #10
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Worked perfectly - thanks!
My pleasure!