Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 06-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #1
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

trouble importing historic players

Everytime i try its says it failed
I get the info from baseball ref
Input it, just does not work
Any help would be great.
Motorhead667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #2
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

So for instance I want to import
Cotton Tierny
So I imput
Tiernco01 season 1923
Hit import player and it fails everytime
What am I doing wrong?
Old 06-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Try

tiernco01 season 1923

Somewhere along the line OOTP started decapitating id's. It didn't matter before, now it seems to in many cases. This could be a case?
Old 06-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

Thank you for your response
I got him imported 1922
But the next guy I tried
Jorge Posada 1998
Posadjo01 would not work
I had no problems at all in 14 with this
Old 06-24-2014, 07:30 PM   #5
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead667 View Post
Thank you for your response
I got him imported 1922
But the next guy I tried
Jorge Posada 1998
Posadjo01 would not work
I had no problems at all in 14 with this
Make sure all ids are lower case like posadjo01
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:50 PM   #6
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

Yeah I tried that as well.
Do you think it might have anything to to with not downloading the latest patch?
Old 06-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #7
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Yeah I tried that as well.
Do you think it might have anything to to with not downloading the latest patch?
Nope. To verify, I imported posada just fine using one of my installs that's not using the latest patch. Not sure what's causing your problems...sorry.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #8
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

Thank you
Will try again when I get off work.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #9
Dr.K
Major Leagues

Quote:
Thank you
Will try again when I get off work.
I too have had this problem importing Daryl Stawberry and Dwight Gooden not sure what I was doing wrong initially as had imported successfully before. I'm still not sure how I solved it and it was frustrating so feel your pain.

I usually as a rule go the five letters of the surname followed by the first two letters of the first name and then 01 then the year.

This did not work for strawberry but worked for gooden, It could have been that I had the letters in upper case too and also was I using the correct historical DB to get the data from.

I would double check their ID.

I'll have to check what happened to Strawberry, but I'm glad you brought this up as I've been playing ootp since the 2nd version and nothing frustrated me more than this issue.

Hope this helps
Dr.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #10
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

One other problem with importing players is that it has been said that you can use both lahman or bbref id for a player and this is true 99% of the time however, those ids don't always match and ootp always uses the lahman id. This can be found by entering the player you want in the search box (Top left next to magnifying glass in ootp15) and hit enter. Then click his name to bring up the profile page and click Editor and copy the lahman id from there. It's just above Uniform #.
You can also open the Master.csv in any spreadsheet and the various ids are in the far right columns. This is handy if you want to import a bunch of players as you can just copy the ids and years to a txt file and import them all at once.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:09 AM   #11
Dr.K
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
One other problem with importing players is that it has been said that you can use both lahman or bbref id for a player and this is true 99% of the time however, those ids don't always match and ootp always uses the lahman id. This can be found by entering the player you want in the search box (Top left next to magnifying glass in ootp15) and hit enter. Then click his name to bring up the profile page and click Editor and copy the lahman id from there. It's just above Uniform #.
You can also open the Master.csv in any spreadsheet and the various ids are in the far right columns. This is handy if you want to import a bunch of players as you can just copy the ids and years to a txt file and import them all at once.
Aha! Bigrod, this solved my strawberry connundrum, his ID is strawda01 only has 4 letters in his surname that are used.

Thanks a bunch!
Dr.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:39 PM   #12
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.K View Post
Aha! Bigrod, this solved my strawberry connundrum, his ID is strawda01 only has 4 letters in his surname that are used.

Thanks a bunch!
Glad to help...the reason for differences in the lahman id and bbref's majors ID is that we get the bbref id from the lahman import and not bbrefs site. I'm not sure if bbref does the same or not. They may use the same formula as lahman, but sometimes bbref lists the players names differently (Bill instead of Will or Thomas instead of Tom etc.) just a guess on my part.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:26 PM   #13
T. Kramer
Bat Boy

I am also having trouble with importing historical players. I was able to import a number of pitchers that I had listed in a CSV file, but when I tried to do the same with position players, I came up empty and got an error message. I use lahman ids and have verified that they are correct (for instance, Ken Griffey, Jr is griffke02). I have even tried to import individual players including using the Babe Ruth example but still get an error message. Any help would greatly appreciated.
T. Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #14
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Kramer View Post
I am also having trouble with importing historical players. I was able to import a number of pitchers that I had listed in a CSV file, but when I tried to do the same with position players, I came up empty and got an error message. I use lahman ids and have verified that they are correct (for instance, Ken Griffey, Jr is griffke02). I have even tried to import individual players including using the Babe Ruth example but still get an error message. Any help would greatly appreciated.
no problem for me.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #15
Davidius74
Bat Boy

I'm having the same problem. As I have posted in another section, I have added about 20-30 players based on stats from MLB 12 the show. When I try to import them using the unique lahmanID I created for each player it fails but when I try REAL players it works fine.
Davidius74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:43 AM   #16
Davidius74
Bat Boy

Worked it out, had to delete historical_database files
Davidius74 is offline   Reply With Quote