Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-29-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
Xelvonar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Fictional Players using historical MLB structure

Hi everyone,

Been a while since I've played, and I've forgotten some of the basics. I'd like to create a fictional MLB history, starting in 1901 and progressing to 2014. I want the league structure to evolve in the historical fashion (team movement, era changes, DH rule, etc.) , but I want all fictional players. I know there is a setting to let the league change historically, but I can't figure out how to start such a same with no historical players. If I choose historical league, I get actual players. If I choose fictional league, I can't figure out how to have it follow the historical MLB development.

Thanks in advance!
Xelvonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:15 PM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Create a historical league in 1901. Once league is created release all the real players from their teams. you can then delete all free agents(this will rid you of all real players--you have to be in commish mode to do this. Then fill all teams with fictional players. If you want to start with an inaugural draft, just release use the option to release all players and schedule a draft.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #3
Xelvonar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Awesome - that's what I started to do but I couldn't figure out how to delete all the free agents. Let me see if I can figure it out.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #4
canaveral
Minors (Double A)

You'll also have to dump the real life rookies who show up in 1902 and every year thereafter and substitute in fictional players instead.
canaveral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canaveral View Post
You'll also have to dump the real life rookies who show up in 1902 and every year thereafter and substitute in fictional players instead.
No need to dump them if you don't select import historical rookies.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #6
Xelvonar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yep - turned off the importing of fictional players. How do I delete all the Free Agents. Still working on it.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #7
Xelvonar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Got it. Go to ML, list all players, Free Agents tab, available actions, delete all free agents.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #8
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelvonar View Post
Yep - turned off the importing of fictional players. How do I delete all the Free Agents. Still working on it.
I'm at work, so I'm doing this by memory. First, are you in commissioner mode? If so, go to the league free agents screen. I think the menu to delete free agents in in the upper right hand corner now. Select delete free agents and your real players will be gone.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #9
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

One last thing. When you fill teams with fictional players, make sure you do so with your draft in mind. Selecting create fictional players once will only give you enough for 25 players per team. What I usually do is select it, release all players, select it again--wash and repeat until I have the number of players I want for my draft.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #10
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelvonar View Post
Hi everyone,

Been a while since I've played, and I've forgotten some of the basics. I'd like to create a fictional MLB history, starting in 1901 and progressing to 2014. I want the league structure to evolve in the historical fashion (team movement, era changes, DH rule, etc.) , but I want all fictional players. I know there is a setting to let the league change historically, but I can't figure out how to start such a same with no historical players. If I choose historical league, I get actual players. If I choose fictional league, I can't figure out how to have it follow the historical MLB development.

Thanks in advance!
Heh, this is EXACTLY what I am doing now. I started my league when OOTPB 15 was released and I'm only in 1919 so far. What David said (without looking at the game - quite impressive! ) was absolutely correct, if I can be allowed to judge.

I believe the correct settings for fictional player / historical league are as shown below. I have seen the game adjust financial settings and league strategy by year so far, and I have seen team nicknames and stadiums change as in history but I am wondering if some of the other things are going to happen "as scheduled" such as league expansion, team relocations, free agency, DH, etc.
Attached Images

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #11
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Yes expansion and relocations will occur according to history with those setting.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #12
Xelvonar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Working beautifully now. Slowly grinding my way through toward modern times where I'll take over my Dodgers with a completely fictional history as the background. Good times!