Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-10-2020, 01:51 PM   #1
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Having an issue with the game generating draft players, with no feeder leagues

Hey guys, I currently run a 24 team fictional league, and I am noticing some issues for my draft pool. I have the player creation settings on age max of 22 (I want the oldest draft pick to be 22, and that is just for college players), with high schools around the ages of 17-19 when they are drafted. However, the game seems to be generating players older, and even generating High School FRESHMAN at the age of 17. All the draft picks are older, and their are not really any "pure HS" prospects.

What is the solution to this? Should I just make a feeder league then? If so, are there any good feeder league templates I can download, so I dont have to manually make everything. The feeder league concept is too extreme for me to fully grasp, as a newer player.
batrightythrowlefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:51 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

What are the exact settings you are using for ages? Given your setup, you should have your player creation ages something like 14-22, but would need to know your settings to see what's going on.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:01 PM   #3
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
What are the exact settings you are using for ages? Given your setup, you should have your player creation ages something like 14-22, but would need to know your settings to see what's going on.
Here are the images off all my settings

https://imgur.com/a/e57MSgw

I just have a default setup, with MLB, minor leagues, an Indy league, Arizona Fall league, and 2 tournaments (WBC type things).

Right now I have NO FEEDER leagues, and I would prefer to keep it this way. I do not have much insight about feeders, and they seem pretty complicated. Unless there is a good template, I would rather not have them.

I also attached my age min, max player creation settings, and some of the issues with the draft classes (players above age 21, HS Freshman at age 17)

Last edited by batrightythrowlefty; 04-10-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2020, 12:27 PM   #4
andyhdz
All Star Starter

I think the age ranges and new draft class status dont work well together right now. I don't have any age ranges and the players naturally are assigned to the right age and draft class.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 04:23 PM   #5
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
I think the age ranges and new draft class status dont work well together right now. I don't have any age ranges and the players naturally are assigned to the right age and draft class.

So it works best without any tweaks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2020, 06:37 PM   #6
andyhdz
All Star Starter

It now works fine with mine but in my league I don't have real name draftees coming up because I'm way ahead in years. There's is another bug that will fixed in the next update where some of those players were acting a bit strange if you had international leagues on as well.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 08:24 PM   #7
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I don't know if this could be part of the problem but in your screen shot of player creation age you have
Minimum 0
Maximum 21
but....

below those boxes it says "Please set both age values! Otherwise they will be ignored. "

Perhaps the minimum has to be something other than default 0?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote