Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-22-2020, 03:00 PM   #61
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Seems Like Tough Sledding

Seems a bit harder to ease toward compliance, while incrementally improving the team, than it has the past two times. It didn't help that I got lucky and pulled three packs out of a couple of tournaments and got only a 1978 Rich Gale (65) and a 2018 Steven Wright (46), whoever he is, for my troubles. Not even a live silver to sell among them.

Does anyone else perceive that it's slower going? Of course, the last time was a year ago, so my memory could be (and probably is) faulty.

It's a good thing we're not starting until the 30th.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:30 PM   #62
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Here's what I have so far for OL teams.... if you're in the entry pool right now, be sure so add the other teams as friend's tonight so you are connected if you roll into the same tier tomorrow...

feel free to either update the 'level' column with the tier you end up in tomorrow, or post it here and I'll update the sheet.

as you are updating your friend's lists, just a reminder Waffletown doesn't exist yet, so don't bother looking for them....
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 06:23 PM   #63
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

So maybe everyone knows this, but I just figured out Search User also searches team name. So, entering " - OL|-OL" shows all the teams that have updated their team names. So much easier than searching for each user!
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 06:25 PM   #64
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstified View Post
So maybe everyone knows this, but I just figured out Search User also searches team name. So, entering " - OL|-OL" shows all the teams that have updated their team names. So much easier than searching for each user!

yeah, which definitely makes it all the more important to use the OL tag
Old 03-22-2020, 06:32 PM   #65
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

Maybe the first post should be updated to include this. I just stumbled on it by accident. I search for edster and three teams came up name Speedster. No edster007 user, though.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:45 PM   #66
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

The space makes a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
yeah, which definitely makes it all the more important to use the OL tag

When you search:

-OL|-OL and then - OL|- OL should get you everybody. I don't think anybody double-spaced between the dash and the O.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #67
revmcgator
All Star Starter

I'll be in on the 30th.

Usernames remain the same (timmcdaniel, ziphbarrett, mcgator) but all three franchises are relocating for the PT21 season.

Relocation was not an easy decision, as the Harlem Hatchets began their existence in Strat-O-Matic's online game before making the move to OOTP. However, this will be a new tradition of relocating each season (much like the NFL's Raiders).

It has been a worldwide competition to lure the three franchises to new cities. Final bids have come in from at least 14 different countries, and inside sources are saying that Harlem, Clyde and Stephensville will all be moving overseas.

Fortunately, PT game designers haven't yet included travel time into fatigue ratings.

A press conference has been scheduled for Monday to reveal the winning cities and new team logos.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:03 PM   #68
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstified View Post
Maybe the first post should be updated to include this. I just stumbled on it by accident. I search for edster and three teams came up name Speedster. No edster007 user, though.
I haven't started my team yet. I will be there next Sunday.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:11 PM   #69
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
When you search:

-OL|-OL and then - OL|- OL should get you everybody. I don't think anybody double-spaced between the dash and the O.

It looks like you have the same thing on both sides of the pipe ( | ). You can use "-OL|- OL" to get both with and without a space between dash and OL.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:27 AM   #70
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Are the SE cards from completing missions going to be allowed. I am presuming yes, but if not, I would like to know so I can start selling off my live cards.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:03 AM   #71
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomcoach View Post
Are the SE cards from completing missions going to be allowed. I am presuming yes, but if not, I would like to know so I can start selling off my live cards.

Special Edition Cards are allowed as long as they are not for any 2020 player.

For example a SE 2018 Mike Trout is fine however, a SE 2020 Mike Trout is not.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:05 AM   #72
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

For those of you who started already, please let the rest of us know when OOTPD resets the PT setup and shows teams in the first three levels.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2020, 09:22 AM   #73
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
I'll be in on the 30th.

Usernames remain the same (timmcdaniel, ziphbarrett, mcgator) but all three franchises are relocating for the PT21 season.

Relocation was not an easy decision, as the Harlem Hatchets began their existence in Strat-O-Matic's online game before making the move to OOTP. However, this will be a new tradition of relocating each season (much like the NFL's Raiders).

It has been a worldwide competition to lure the three franchises to new cities. Final bids have come in from at least 14 different countries, and inside sources are saying that Harlem, Clyde and Stephensville will all be moving overseas.

Fortunately, PT game designers haven't yet included travel time into fatigue ratings.

A press conference has been scheduled for Monday to reveal the winning cities and new team logos.

I am disappointed to hear about Stephensville moving.

I have a very high regard for Stephensville as it was one of the few PT20 OL teams that I faced so many times, I lost count.

Both teams were stuck in Bronze for many years, battling it out every week.

Good luck to where ever Stephensville moves to.....unless a mystery investor comes in at the 11th hour and keeps them in Stephensville!
Old 03-23-2020, 11:00 AM   #74
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

OL Report from Rookie 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
For those of you who started already, please let the rest of us know when OOTPD resets the PT setup and shows teams in the first three levels.

Thanks

Port Ruppert began it's third foray into OL (glad it's not official yet) by getting thumped at home. The newly minted Hartford Whalers also lost a home opener, but by a more respectable margin. They are the only two OL teams in R143. By the way, it appear both teams are already compliant.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 03-23-2020 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:08 AM   #75
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

OL Seeding

Here's a screen shot of where the teams ended up. The two non-OL teams are mine, which I will have leave on auto pilot for at least a couple of weeks, but will eventually join OL, I hope. Just won't have the time for awhile.
Attached Images
Old 03-23-2020, 11:15 AM   #76
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Asheboro Road Dogs didn't bother doing the friends list since we aren't starting until next week and my team isn't Our League compliant as of yet. Will be ready for next week though.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:28 PM   #77
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Hooterville just opened their packs and I just got through setting up my OL friends list.

A Big Thank you to Stl Jason for creating the spreedsheet which makes it super easy to copy and paste PT OL user names into the game which makes "Add as Friend" alot easier than it would be without it.

The highest 4 rated cards I got from the opening were 88, 83, 82, 81 with the 83 one being a live card.

In 3 PT seasons, I have yet to open a Diamond or Perfect card in the original pack opening.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:20 PM   #78
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Hey there baseball pals!

I would like to join the OL again this year. I've got 2 teams that were just added to the Entry Pool:

Charlatan // Brigadoon Highlanders
Charlatan2 // Annandale Atom Smashers

Both teams still need to do a bit of scrubbing to make their rosters legal but I literally only had enough time to open the packs and quickly swap in any historical players I had on reserve. So I have a bit of Auction House work ahead of me!

I created the 3rd team to get the bonus gold packs but am just going to sit on those packs unopened for a bit.

Good to see so many familiar faces alongside a smattering of new folk. Let's play ball!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:29 PM   #79
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

ran the -OL\|- OL search in-game and updated the spreadsheet with new additions/name corrections/etc.... with under 30 teams so far, everyone might as well add everyone else on this list as a friend to make sure we have all the bases covered...

we'll worry about splitting things out later if/when we get more than 30 members, like last year.

edit: the blank levels are all teams in entry level this week; so they should all end up in the rookie tier next season.
Attached Images
Old 03-23-2020, 03:43 PM   #80
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Is there a link to the spreadsheet?
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote