Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:50 AM   #1
ewank
Minors (Single A)

End of Season Personnel

I have been playing the game for quite a few years and have recently moved over my game to OOTP20. I have been playing the Blue Jays since 1985 season and just finished the 2011 season losing the World Series in 7 games. All WAS good until I finished the season and went to look at personnel for each of my minor league teams and they have all changed dramatically. I had built up a coaching staff for my teams from a few fair (lower minors) to excellent. When I went to my personnel, except for the major league team, all of my personnel have been changed to poor/inexperienced/unproven or a couple of fair. None of the coach names are the same (except the major league team). Is this a glitch, or is there a setting I need to fix. I was able to revert the game back to prior to the playoffs so that I still have my personnel as set, but I do not want to finish this season and lose everyone. Please help. Please see the attachments showing the dramatic change.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by ewank; 03-27-2019 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Adding screenshots
ewank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:59 AM   #2
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Are you letting an assistant GM handle minor league personnel decisions? If so, he may have failed to re-sign your favored coaches when their contracts ran out.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:08 AM   #3
ewank
Minors (Single A)

No, I have been playing this particular game for 26 seasons and I have never run into this before until I changed to OOTP20. I resign my coaches mid season as needed.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:00 PM   #4
ewank
Minors (Single A)

End of Season Personnel

I have been playing the game for quite a few years and have recently moved over my game to OOTP20. I have been playing the Blue Jays since 1985 season and just finished the 2011 season losing the World Series in 7 games. All WAS good until I finished the season and went to look at personnel for each of my minor league teams and they have all changed dramatically. I had built up a coaching staff for my teams from a few fair (lower minors) to excellent. When I went to my personnel, except for the major league team, all of my personnel have been changed to poor/inexperienced/unproven or a couple of fair. None of the coach names are the same (except the major league team). Is this a glitch, or is there a setting I need to fix. I was able to revert the game back to prior to the playoffs so that I still have my personnel as set, but I do not want to finish this season and lose everyone. Please help. Please see the attachments showing the dramatic change. Please note that I just started playing this game in OOTP20 at the start of the 2011 season. Intrerestingly, I just tried another game in OOTP20 (transfered from OOTP19) and I got an even more extreme result, almost every minor league coach was terminated and almost every position in the minors is vacant as the "Offseason starts".
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by ewank; 03-27-2019 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Added a bit more information.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:30 PM   #5
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Then I have no inkling as to what's happening. Perhaps this is worth a bug report.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #6
ewank
Minors (Single A)

Bug Report

I moved this discussion over to the Bug Report discussion.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:31 AM   #7
THEMURPH
Minors (Double A)

Same thing just happened to me. The whole minor league system staff was replaced. I do not have asst gm signing personnel. I know a few left (not resigned). I too resign mid season if I want to keep.
THEMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:49 AM   #8
ewank
Minors (Single A)

General Discussion

Please note that this was originally posted in the General Discussion section, and comments have come in that indicate the same issue being noticed by others.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:11 AM   #9
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Did they retire or contract run out?
Grafton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:15 AM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I'd suggest sending your files to us to have a look (http://support.ootpdevelopments.com/...p-developments). It's possible there's a bug or some combination of settings that are clearing the personnel and replacing them with new coaches when it shouldn't be.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:15 AM   #11
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

What are your managerial options? Do you control sign/fire minor league team personnel?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:17 AM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Merged all these threads together to keep all the discussion/suggestions in one place.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:26 AM   #13
ewank
Minors (Single A)

No, I change handle personnel twice a year, mid season when notified of expiring contracts and at year end when there have been retirements or coaches that I want to replace.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:26 AM   #14
ewank
Minors (Single A)

Yes
Old 03-29-2019, 08:35 AM   #15
ewank
Minors (Single A)

As requested, I have added this folder to the ftp site, the name is Toronto OOTP20.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:35 AM   #16
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Hi, I believe the reason for this happening is due to having the historical minors enabled. I don't know if that's a new setting you added to the game, and I'm not 100% what's supposed to happen with them, as it appears to completely rebuild your minor league system in the offseason. If you disable the historical minors, then you can go forward without losing the minor league personnel.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:20 PM   #17
ewank
Minors (Single A)

Where do I find this setting? I will say that this never happened at the end of any other seasons while playing in OOTP19.

Last edited by ewank; 03-29-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:17 PM   #18
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewank View Post
Where do I find this setting? I will say that this never happened at the end of any other seasons while playing in OOTP19.
In the league settings/historical tab, about halfway down on the left. Do you remember turning that setting on?

I'm not sure what might have happened otherwise, and also not certain why it completely reset your minors, but if you disable the setting everything should work for you.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:58 PM   #19
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

It is there...
Attached Images

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:46 AM   #20
ewank
Minors (Single A)

That's it

Thanks so much, I can continue my domination of the league!