Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 07-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

iOOTP Dynasty: Houston Astros

I have OOTP 14, but being on my dads computer I don't get a lot of chances to play it. I do get to play iOOTP on my iPod frequently, so I've decided to start a dynasty with it. I plan to frequently update here as well as OOTP dynasty later on.

I've decided to start the 2014 season as the Houston Astros- a team who went 51-111 in 2013. My owner, Kris Morgan expects me to stay close to an even record. Kind of absurd, but I'll try my best. He's a tolerant owner who is apparently charitable.

My rotation is shaping up with Scott Feldman as my ace. He went 7-6 in Chicago last season over 91 innings and 15 starts. I'm going to definitely have to improve my roster but the minor leagues are looking good. Carlos Correa, Jon Singleton and Mark Appel are all above 72 in potential, with Correa leading at 80.

I open the season with a seven-game homestand, hosting the Yankees and Angels.
bsmart17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

I've decided to use 20-80 scales, and there are 12 players currently in the majors who grade an 80. Among those- Yadier Molina, Stephen Strasburg, Tulo, Paco Rodriguez, Koji, Trout, Miggy and Stanton.

My best player? Jose Altuve, a 66 overall. Does have a potential of 76 though.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Game 1: LHP Scott Feldman vs. RHP Masahiro Tanaka

Tanaka doesn't have any stats carried over from Japan in iOOTP but he's an ace. Feldman went 7-6 for the Cubs last year with a 3.46 ERA. He's my No. 1 starter and will really have to perform well.

Starting Lineup
SS-Jonathan Villar
2B-Jose Altuve
RF-Mark Krauss
DH-Chris Carter
C-Jason Castro
CF-Dexter Fowler
LF-Robbie Grossman
1B- Jesus Guzman
3B- Matt Dominguez

New York 2, Houston 1

Scott Feldman went eight shutout innings but his stellar opening day start was wasted as Kevin Chapman blew a save in a 2-1 loss to the Astros. Chad Qualls had originally come on in the top of the ninth but left after just one batter as he felt a tightness in his hamstring. Chapman then gave up a double to Kelly Johnson and then a go-ahead and eventual game-winning home run to Brian Roberts. It handed Feldman a no-decision despite allowing just seven hits while striking out three over eight innings. He threw 118 pitches but allowed just two extra base hits.

Houston managed just four hits on the day, one a RBI single from Chris Carter to score Jose Altuve from second in the bottom of the first. Mashairo Tanaka settled down after the first, allowing just two hits the rest of the way as he went eight innings and struck out eight. David Robertson came on in the ninth and set down the Astros in order on just eight pitches for the save.

New York (1-0) 000 000 002 2-9-4
Houston (0-1) 100 000 000 1-4-0
WP: M. Tanaka (1-0)
LP: K.Chapman (0-1), BS (1)
SV: D. Robertson (1)

Houston takes on the Yankees again and will send Jarred Cosart to the mound.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:18 PM   #4
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Game 2: New York (1-0) at Houston (0-1)
RHP Jarred Cosart v. RHP Hiroki Kuroda

Starting Lineup
SS-Jonathan Villar
2B-Jose Altuve
RF-Mark Krauss
DH-Chris Carter
C-Jason Castro
CF-Dexter Fowler
LF-Robbie Grossman
1B- Jesus Guzman
3B- Matt Dominguez

Houston 7, New York 6 (11 innings)

Late-inning heroics carried the Astros to their first win of the season, a 7-6 win over New York.

Jarred Cosart gave up an early 3-run home run to Carlos Beltran after back-to-back singles, but Houston rallied in the bottom of the first. Dexter Fowler drew a bases loaded walk and Robbie Grossman added a two-RBI single to tie it. New York pulled ahead in the third as Mark Teixeira hit a RBI double, but the Astros bounced back as Jesus Guzman scored Grossman from second with a RBI triple to tie it at four. Matt Dominguez added a RBI groundout to give Houston a 5-4 lead.

Kuroda gave way to the Yankees bullpen after four, but Cosart gave up a leadoff home run int he top of the seventh to Jacoby Ellsbury on his 100th pitch. He was replaced by Matt Albers who was strong in relief. However, his replacement, Josh Fields, gave up a solo home run to Brett Gardner in the top of the tenth to hand New York the go-ahead run.

However, Jose Altuve- who had previously gone 0-8, hit a solo home run that traveled 426 feet off of David Robertson to tie it in the bottom half of the frame. Marc Krauss walked and Carter doubled to put two runners in scoring position for Jason Castro, but he went down swinging.

Surprisingly, Michael Pineda came on in the 11th. He was greeted rudely as Dexter Fowler hit a leadoff double on the first pitch of the inning. Grossman followed with a single, his third hit of the day. Guzman struck out before Dominguez grounded into a fielders choice, but Fowler couldn't come home. However, on a 1-0 pitch, Pineda's fastball sailed to the backstop and Fowler raced home for the walkoff and Houston's first win!

After managing just four hits the day before, Houston picked up nine. Grossman went 3-5 with two RBIs while Guzman added two hits- a double and a triple. Altuve's home run was one of three two-out RBIs for the Astros.

They look to take the series against the Yankees as they send Brett Oberholtzer to the mound.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

I've decided to abbreviate my posts from now on, just to make this an easier to read dynasty.

Game 3- Houston (1-1) v. New York A (1-1)

George Springer hit a grand slam in his first major league at bat, Robbie Grossman added a two-run double and the Astros rolled to a 13-6 victory over the Yankees to pick up the series win. Jason Castro added a three-run home run and Chris Carter hit a solo shot as they picked up 12 hits. Carter has enjoyed a strong start to the season, hitting .333 while Grossman is at .400.

WP: B. Oberholtzer (1-0)- went 7.1 IP, 7 K
LP: C. Sabathia (0-1)

Record: 2-1
Old 07-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #6
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

News roundup:

Closers are dropping like flies!
-Boston's Koji Uehara suffered a damaged elbow ligament and is done for the year.
-Cincinnati's Sean Marshall's injury (elbow) got worse, needs 1-2 weeks more
-Toronto's Casey Janssen (shoulder) is out for another 3 weeks

Miguel Cabrera picked up his 2,000th hit.
Yunel Escobar had a 5-5 night for Tampa Bay, as did Christian Yelich for Miami.
Chris Young signed with the Mets.
David Ross signed for two more years with Boston.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #7
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Baseball America released their Top 100 Prospect list (only revealed top 10).

1. Byron Buxton, Minnesota
2. Oscar Taveras, St. Louis
3. Archie Bradley, Arizona
4. Albert Almora, Chicago
5. Jameson Taillon, Pittsburgh
6. Masahiro Tanaka, New York
7. Gregory Polanco, Pittsburgh
8. Austin Hedges, San Diego
9. Noah Syndergaard, New York
10. Taijuan Walker, Seattle

I'm kind of surprised I didn't have anyone in the top ten. Correa has a higher potential then everyone but Buxton. The real BA list had Bogaerts 2nd, but he's already in the bigs here. Correa is seventh in the real list, and Springer is 18th. Mark Appel (39), Mike Foltynewicz (59) and Jon Singleton (82) are all in my minor league system.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #8
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Game 4: Houston (2-1) v. Los Angeles Angels (1-2)
First divisional matchup of the year!

Both teams hit solo home runs early (Houston's a leadoff blast from Jonathan Villar) before a pitching duel ensued between the Angel's Garrett Richards and Lucas Harrell. However, a RBI single from Mike Trout and a throwing error from Jason Castro on a steal attempt in the sixth gave Los Angeles the lead for good. Jose Altuve added a RBI single but the Astros fell, 4-2.

WP: G. Richards (1-0)
LP: L. Harrell (0-1), 7 IP, 8 K, 3 ER
SV: J. Smith (1)

Record: 2-2
Old 07-05-2014, 05:46 PM   #9
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Game 5: Houston (2-2) vs. Los Angeles Angels (2-2)

Jason Castro hit a two-run triple as a part of a four-run first, Dexter Fowler hit a home run and Josh Fields got the Astros out of a bases loaded jam in relief to carry Houston to a 5-3 win. Jerome Williams pitched into the sixth and Brad Peacock picked up his first save as a replacement for Qualls.

WP: J. Williams (1-0), 5 IP, 3 R, 4K
LP: T. Skaggs (0-1)
SV: B. Peacock (1)

Record: 3-2
Old 07-06-2014, 12:16 AM   #10
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Game 6: Houston (3-2) vs. Los Angeles Angels (2-3)

Chris Carter came up big in the ninth, as he hit a solo home run to tie it at 2-2. The Astros then worked the bases loaded and George Springer came up huge with a walkoff GRAND SLAM! He's now 2-2 with runners in scoring position- both grand slams. It carried 420 feet and gave Houston their second straight win. Feldman continued to pitch like a No. 1 starter as he went 7 1/3 and gave up just one earned run. 0.59 ERA through two starts.

WP: K. Chapman (1-1), 1.2 IP, 2K
LP: J. Smith (0-1), BS (1)

Notes: Springer is now hitting .300 on the season with eight RBIs, marks that rank second and first...Altuve raised his season average to .320...Carter has an impressive .583 slugging percentage but has struck out nine times...Villar is tied for first in the AL with four steals

Record: 4-2

Last edited by bsmart17; 07-06-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:22 AM   #11
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Game 7: Houston (4-2) vs. Los Angeles Angels (2-4)

Houston 4, Los Angeles 1

Moved George Springer to No. 3 in the lineup, instantly payed off. Hit a double to move Altuve to third in the first, and he came home on a Carter sac fly. Springer added a RBI groundout while Alex Presley and Marc Krauss broke out of slumps with run scoring doubles. Meanwhile, Cosart threw a complete game on 115 pitches and struck out five while allowing just six hits to outduel Jered Weaver.

WP: J. Cosart (1-0), 9 IP, 5 K, 6 H, 1 R
LP: J. Weaver (0-1)

Record: 5-2
Old 07-06-2014, 12:24 AM   #12
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Corey Hart (Seattle) hit .552 with three home runs and seven RBIs for AL Player of the Week, while Wilson Ramos (Washington) hit .500 with four home runs and 11 RBIs for the NL Player of the Week.

Grant Balfour also signed a two-year contract with Tampa Bay, $4,635,000 a year.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:37 AM   #13
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Game 8: Houston (5-2) at Toronto (4-3)

Toronto 10, Houston 9

The Blue Jays combined for six home runs, including two apiece from Edwin Encarnacion and Colby Rasmus. However, Houston rallied from an early 7-0 deficit (all runs charged to Brett Oberholtzer) to tie it at nine in the seventh with a two-run single from Matt Dominguez. Reliever Anthony Bass gave up a solo home run to Rasmus in the bottom half of the frame and Toronto snapped a three-game win streak.

WP: E. Rogers (1-0), BS (1)
LP: A. Bass (0-1)
SV: S. Santos (3)

On a side note, Jason Castro, Jose Altuve and Jonathon Villar all hit home runs. Dominguez, who's hitting just .103 on the season, came up with a clutch two-out RBI double- potential turnaround? Altuve is now hitting .382 on the season. He did pick up his third stolen base but was also caught stealing.

Record: 5-3
Old 07-06-2014, 12:45 AM   #14
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Game 9: Houston (5-3) at Toronto (5-3).
Lucas Harrell (0-1, 3.86 ERA) v. Drew Hutchison (1-0, 6.43 ERA)

Houston 7, Toronto 5

Harrell threw a complete game as he wanted to stay out there and settled down after giving up five early runs. Chris Carter hit two home runs and drove in five runs on a 3-3 day with two walks to bring his season RBI total to 10, a mark which leads the team. He's also now just six points under .300.

WP: L. Harrell (1-1), 9 IP, 5 R, 8 H, 4K
LP: D. Hutchison (1-1)

Record: 6-3
Old 07-06-2014, 12:53 AM   #15
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Game 10: Houston (6-3) at Toronto (5-4)
Jerome Williams (1-0, 5.40 ERA) vs. Brandon Morrow (1-0, 8.68)

Toronto 8, Houston 3

Ugly day at the office. Houston managed just four hits and struck out 12 times. Chris Carter hit his fifth home run of the year, a two-run shot in the first but after that three-run frame, they couldn't score again. Williams ERA climbed above six as he's been ineffective- he gave up three home runs, two to Edwin Encarnacion.

WP: B. Morrow (2-0)
LP: J. Williams (1-1)

Record: 6-4
Old 07-06-2014, 12:58 AM   #16
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Astros sign free agent duo to minor league deals

Bolstered my minor league system as I signed a duo of hitters- left fielder Derrick Robinson and third basemen Henry Rodriguez. Robinson hit .255 in 102 games with Cincinnati last season and is excellent defensively (75 range), also very fast (70 speed + stolen bases). Rodriguez has only seen 23 major league at bats and is only a 21 overall but has a lot of potential in contact and ability to avoid strikeouts. He's also very fast (65) and can bunt well.

Rodriguez and Robinson are both young, talented players.They have a spot in my minor league system and I plan to develop them into major leaguers.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:09 AM   #17
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Game 11: Houston (6-4) at Texas (3-6)
Brad Peacock (first start) v. Yu Darvish (first start)

Houston 8, Texas 5

Matt Dominguez was clutch again with a two-out RBI single in the top of the eighth to tie it at 5-5 and Dexter Fowler hit a go-ahead RBI single to score pinch runner Alex Presley in the ninth before the Rangers wheels fell off. Houston scored two more times and won, 8-5 to overcome an early 4-0 deficit. Fowler drove in three and had a pair of doubles- two of five on the night for Houston, who won despite leaving 11 men on base.

WP: D. Keuchel (1-0), 3 IP, 1 H, 2K
LP: S. Tolleson (0-1), BS (1)
SV: M. Albers (1)

Record: 7-4
Old 07-06-2014, 01:14 AM   #18
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Richard signs minor league deal

In hopes of bolstering the Astros pitching, I signed 30-year old free agent Clayton Richard. Last year with the San Diego Padres, Richard made 11 starts and held a 7.01 ERA with 24 strikeouts in 52 2/3 innings and posted a 2-5 record.

Not great numbers, but he has good control and excellent stamina. Not to mention I signed him for just $500,000 and he could be a strong bullpen anchor. I've placed him on my minor league roster and I'll see how my bullpen does. A middle relief job could be his shortly.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:21 AM   #19
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Game 12: Houston (7-4) at Texas (3-7)
Scott Feldman (0-0, 0.59 ERA) vs. Matt Harrison (1-0, 2.35 ERA)

Houston 4, Texas 1

Dexter Fowler hit a two-run home run and George Springer hit a RBI triple as the Astros rode a dominant Scott Feldman start to down Texas, 4-1. Feldman went six innings and made just one mistake, a solo home run by David Murphy. Josh Fields picked up his second hold and Kevin Chapman had a perfect ninth.

WP: S. Feldman (1-0), 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 K, 59 GS
LP: M. Harrison (1-1)
SV: K. Chapman (1)

Record: 8-4
Old 07-06-2014, 01:33 AM   #20
bsmart17
Minors (Single A)

Game 13: Houston (8-4) at Texas (3-8)
Jarred Cosart (1-0, 3.60 ERA) vs. Robbie Ross (0-1, 3.95 ERA)

L.J Hoes drove in five runs- a two-run single tied it in the sixth and a three-run blast in the seventh added insurance as the Astros downed Texas for the third day in a row, 8-4. Hoes raised his season average to .323 and has been a surprise source of offense out of the bottom of the lineup. George Springer added a two-run double to pick up his 12th RBI to back a strong start from Cosart, who threw into the seventh.

WP: J. Cosart (2-0), 6 1/3 IP, 3 ER, 10 H, 3K
LP: R. Ross (0-2)

Record: 9-4