Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues > Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner Want to run an online league? Want to learn about the 'ins' and 'outs' of being a commish? This is the place!

Old 04-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

Online League

I apologize if this is not the correct forum, but is it possible to run an online league if no one else has the game? Can I print out reports and such and send them to the managers in Word or PDF form so they can see them?

Trevor L.

Last edited by jtnlange; 04-27-2009 at 12:02 PM.
jtnlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Yes, you can do that. You don't need to print out reports as long as you upload them to your web site after each sim.

It will be a lot of work for you though as you will have input everyones line-ups for them as well as any other moves/transactions etc.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks Bruce.

Ok so you are going to probably think,"this guy has no clue" but I have no website currently that I could host. Is it still possible or just incredibly hard to run a league like this. I am just looking to start a league with my friends and see how it goes before I take the plunge and get a website and all that entails a great league.

Trevor
jtnlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Without a Web Site it would be incredibly difficult. Your only option would be to print everything and mail/pass it to your friends.

Although not impossible, the amount of work and time involved would likely make the running of the league into a chore, rather than fun.

There are lots of free web sites available out there, although you usually wind up with advertising on the free ones. Prices are very reasonable though for good ones, such as fidels All Sim Baseball ( All Sim Baseball ). This one is very good and very easy to use as fidel includes everything you need and is very helpful with your setup.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
satchel
Hall Of Famer

If you have an HTML-to-PDF converter, you could convert a handful of the most vital reports after every sim and email them out to the owners. They would only be sampling a tiny portion of the game's potential, but they could track the basic progression of league standings and stats.
FL New Orleans Black Sox ’56 ’57 ’58 ’59
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote