Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-10-2020, 02:10 PM   #1
Rocket94
Bat Boy

Please Help Historical League

To pass the time, my friends and I wanted to pick our favourite historical players and sim to see which team is the best. I am trying to set up a 6 team league and am having trouble populating the teams with the players/seasons we want, ie. Gretzky 81, Forsberg 02, Recchi 92. For some reason the game keeps crashing. Is there a limit on the number of historical players I can import? It seems I can get one team and that's it. Is there an easy way to do this? I am manually importing each player, which is time consuming, but I don't mind if the game didn't crash for unknown reasons. It crashes during saves.
Rocket94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:16 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Can you walk us through exactly what you're doing? Step by step? I've been getting a Stream ready and haven't had any issues myself.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
Rocket94
Bat Boy

I created a 6 team custom league, I then import the historical players for the team I am playing. I edit the players contract status putting them on my team, and I seem to be able to get that far. If I import players and edit them to put them on another team, the game crashes whenever I try to save it. I have attempted to take over another team and import players while managing another team and this does not work either. It's frustrating.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:52 PM   #4
Rocket94
Bat Boy

How are you setting yours up? I've created a 6 team league, I am trying to populate the teams with historical players from various seasons. No duplicate players though. I've been importing them and trying to assign them to teams via the edit function, but I am having terrible problems with the game crashing or not saving.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:03 PM   #5
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket94 View Post
I created a 6 team custom league, I then import the historical players for the team I am playing. I edit the players contract status putting them on my team, and I seem to be able to get that far. If I import players and edit them to put them on another team, the game crashes whenever I try to save it. I have attempted to take over another team and import players while managing another team and this does not work either. It's frustrating.
Okay, so this is what I've done

- Start a new game
- Kept all the settings, but moved it to a 6 team, 60 game schedule. Left everything else.
- Added a Minor League. 6 teams. Changed Nothing
- Added the CHL and left everything.
- Named my game Custom League Test
- Not Challenge Mode
- Quickly clicked through everything.
- Game Started.
- Turned on Commissioner Mode.
- League > Edit > Import

- Searched Wayne G
- Clicked on Wayne Gretzky (1961)
- Selected Year - 1981
- Clicked Ok.
- Edited Player
- Edited Current Team and Contracted Team to Team 1.
- Put League Rights to Team 1
- Gave him a salary of 5 million a year for 3 years.
- Click SAVE
- Saved.

- League > Edit > Import

Redo Steps, added players fine.

Are you doing something different?
Old 04-10-2020, 08:24 PM   #6
Rocket94
Bat Boy

I don't think so. That's how I'm importing players. I can fill two teams that way, and then it will start to crash once I start populating team 3. Are you doing anything with the players originally placed on the teams? Are you just leaving them or releasing them?
Old 04-10-2020, 10:16 PM   #7
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

My teams are empty to begin with.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:35 AM   #8
Rocket94
Bat Boy

Have you imported more than 48 historical players? That seems to be the limit for me. It works until I try and import the 49th and then it crashes the first time I try and save it after that. How do your teams start empty? Do you start with an initial draft, but just not do the draft?
Old 04-11-2020, 05:59 PM   #9
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

I just spent time and had no issues adding players. I was at 53 when I stopped.

I started doing in on the first day after I got in. What day are you doing it on?
Old 04-11-2020, 06:31 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Can you upload the save you're trying to add the players to? There may be some speicific thing in it that's not happening when we try to re-create it. There shouldn't be any limit on how many players you can import.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 07:17 PM   #11
Rocket94
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Can you upload the save you're trying to add the players to? There may be some speicific thing in it that's not happening when we try to re-create it. There shouldn't be any limit on how many players you can import.
I uploaded it via FTP. It's called the Social Distance League. If I didn't upload it properly please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Old 04-13-2020, 02:50 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, I'm able to get the crash-on-save with that file, but not dependably, sometimes I can import and assign a bunch of players with no crashes when I try to save the league, other times it's dying when it tries to write the player file. But there's clearly something not right there, we'll have to dig into that file and do some more testing to see exactly what's going wrong.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:16 PM   #13
Rocket94
Bat Boy

I just received an error message for the first time when my game crashes upon saving. I have attached it to this post. I don't know if it helps, but I am still having issues.

Thanks
Attached Images
Old 04-18-2020, 02:50 AM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

We're working on a fix for the historical import problems, testing it now so hopefully we'll be able to get it to you quickly.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:42 PM   #15
1993BuccsForever
Bat Boy

i'm new to OOTP line - ? about creating leagues

Good evening all,
I'm moving away from my old SOMBB / Hockey to OOTP but am very new to the latest generations of either.
Just checking but will I be able to create a custom league that is populated with different eras (94 Canucks (Fav player all time is Gino Odjick), 92 Penguins, 93 Habs, etc) AND create a few truly custom teams via cloning and editing/renaming?

it's not a league with other human players, just custom league sim if that helps. I'm badly undereducated with computer systems and beg your patience. Stay safe -

Jason Edgar
1993BuccsForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:28 AM   #16
JeffR
FHM Producer

You could mix different eras, but it would be a lot of manual work importing every player one-by-one - there's no option to import entire historical teams yet. The customization stuff, no problem.