Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-04-2020, 07:47 AM   #261
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Palolo Grabs Slim Lead In Our League R92

A new day, a new leader.The first red crown chase will be hotly contested, as the Puppies took their turn in the catbird seat and lead a half-dozen viable contenders by the slimmest of margins.

I've posted the wild card standings for the whole of R92. I forget most days because, to be honest, they don't much interest me. All the PT standings mean to me is a chance to grab some PP to improve my squad in OL

Port Ruppert Report:

Given their mediocre status, I thought I might wait until tomorrow to make some move toward improvement. However, since the Mundys are close enough to grab the 1,000 PP for the playoffs, they invested some 8700 PP in catcher Jim Sundberg, pitcher Pat Jarvis, and Dave Winfield in order to strengthen their run. In the race that matters, it's wait until next year, again.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:25 AM   #262
Edster007
All Star Starter

The one thing about working remotely is I have paid more attention to my team on an hourly basis. Coming into the week I was hoping to win about 85 games and I'm currently 73-60 and I'm more pissed off about the missed opportunities to win games then the fact that I'm ahead of my projection.

23-27 in one run games, Ed Figueroa is 0-2 (team is 0-5) is his last 5 starts even though he has only given up 7 runs on 24 hits in 36 innings. He gave up 3 runs in 6 IP in the first of his last 5 but the bullpen blew 3 saves in the remaining 4 games and we lost them all by one run.

But I'm ahead of my own projection so I'm supposed to be happy right?
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:36 PM   #263
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

At 51-85, there is a very really possibility that Krikkit will be relegated to Rookie League. There are 6 teams with wins between 51 and 54, and three of those are going down. At 38-99, Daytona Beach Tortugas are almost a lock for relegation.

How are current Rookie teams doing? Will there be any still there or is everyone moving up?
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:21 PM   #264
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstified View Post
At 51-85, there is a very really possibility that Krikkit will be relegated to Rookie League. There are 6 teams with wins between 51 and 54, and three of those are going down. At 38-99, Daytona Beach Tortugas are almost a lock for relegation.

How are current Rookie teams doing? Will there be any still there or is everyone moving up?

nah, right now there are 9 of us below the promotion line, so should be plenty remaining at the rookie tier.... hoping my bunch stays put... they still need some seasoning at the bottom
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 03:12 PM   #265
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Just for fun...

I decided to see what kind of compliant roster I could make up for the Asylum Keepers. Given the fact that it's just from starter and pulls, a pretty damned good one, I think. There's a diamond and a gold from the starters, plus another diamond, three other golds, and seven silvers from pulls. Harold Baines was the one card I did grab because I had a bunch of the cards needed and spent less than 500 to complete it.

Since we're on lockdown until the end of April, at least, I figured now would be when I'd have the most time and attention to get the Keepers rolling. In fact, as soon as they're either in or out of the playoffs in their current league, I'm gonna pop the lineup in, just for fun. I guess tonight I'll be selling off the embarrassment of riches I detailed back a few pages. Only gonna sell the perfect, the diamonds, and the golds, the bronzes and the irons. Gonna save the silvers in case I keep entering tourneys going forward.

I've been letting Asylum enter multiple types, but after the card purge, they'll only enter silver. Terra Incognita already enters only bronze, and Port Ruppert only iron. I already purged Port Ruppert of all the lives except the irons. Rustlers will keep only their bronze. What I need to do is take a half hour per team and figure out the best lineup I can make for each and get rid of the live cards that don't make the cut.

So....

Please add Kid_Heckett and the Asylum Keepers to your friends list.

The Rustlers will be in for sure the week after next.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-04-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:29 PM   #266
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Question Invalid Position for Player

Has anyone besides me come across a PT player who can only be assigned to the starting position or backup position that they have a stock rating for?

I have had a few who had this issue.

99% of my other position players can easily be assigned to play another position with no issues at all.

Any idea why there is this issue as I never saw this occur in PT19 or PT20?

Thanks
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:53 PM   #267
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I believe it is the result of tweaking the engine because the training last year was fairly unrealistic. I believe I saw a comment by one of the developers to the effect they are monitoring it and will swing back if they feel they've gone too far.

I'd like to be able to train Eli Marrero at catcher. He began his career as a highly touted catching prospect. He was agile, skilled with a strong arm. Of course the reason he ended up back in the minors were the injuries that made him unable to catch anymore. Big props to him for coming back from the brink after quite a few years. His card's not half bad either.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:00 PM   #268
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Ah, well...

Just checked in and it appears there was no urgency for the Port Ruppert Mundys whirlwind of signings to bolster a play off run in PT. Hurler Pat Jarvis has been stellar and Jim Sundberg has solidified the catching. The big ticket signing of Dave Winfield has been a disappointment, as he has slumped badly out of the gate.

The Mundy have a three-game series coming up against their OL rivals the Southpaws, the team Port Ruppert is trying to catch.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:28 PM   #269
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Exclamation

For those who don't already know, OOTP21 update version 21.2.39 was released yesterday.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=313490
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:57 PM   #270
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Friends List Updated

Finally remembered to send edit request and to actually go back and do it. Now added:

Asylum Keepers - Kid_Heckett
Old 04-05-2020, 02:33 AM   #271
Magus978
All Star Starter

Transylvania will go up to Iron at 80-82, and Otonokizaka will join them after some game 162 magic to finish 15th overall at 78-84.

Daytona Beach and Krikkit have been relegated to Rookie.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:01 AM   #272
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Well, The Daytona Tortugas were way at the bottom of the pile in the Stone 160 League with a dismal 49-113 record. The saving grace was that going into the last month I was on pace to break the 1962 Mets record of 120 losses.. Late power surge from Cecil Fielder helped avoid this... So the retooling begins.. My goal is to win a Championship within 4 seasons.. Certainly have plenty of time on my hands!
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:45 AM   #273
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Warriers Win Tight Race Over Puppies in OL R92

Coney Island managed to capture the first ever Rookie level crown in Our League, jockeying back and forth with Palolo and Anandale throughout the final weeks of the season. The team will be awarded their hardware at Astroland, and begin their victory parade immediately following.

I've attached the promotion and relegation details as well.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-05-2020, 07:59 AM   #274
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Coney Island Crowned

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 04-05-2020, 09:37 AM   #275
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

The Wrap Up

Wash your damned hands.
Attached Images
Old 04-05-2020, 10:16 AM   #276
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Love your new Asylum Keepers logo
Just in case you didn't notice, Asylum Keepers is on the new list twice.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:38 AM   #277
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Wash your damned hands.
Even before the pandemic it was probably wise to wash your damn hands and wear a mask before heading to Coney Island.
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:04 PM   #278
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
Just in case you didn't notice, Asylum Keepers is on the new list twice.

I don't know if you've been reading of my misadventures of late, but it's probably a positive thing that I only typed in a duplicate entry. Could've kiboshed the whole list.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:20 PM   #279
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

finally got smarter and deactivated all my live cards

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:27 PM   #280
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I decided to see what kind of compliant roster I could make up for the Asylum Keepers. Given the fact that it's just from starter and pulls, a pretty damned good one, I think. There's a diamond and a gold from the starters, plus another diamond, three other golds, and seven silvers from pulls. Harold Baines was the one card I did grab because I had a bunch of the cards needed and spent less than 500 to complete it.

Since we're on lockdown until the end of April, at least, I figured now would be when I'd have the most time and attention to get the Keepers rolling. In fact, as soon as they're either in or out of the playoffs in their current league, I'm gonna pop the lineup in, just for fun. I guess tonight I'll be selling off the embarrassment of riches I detailed back a few pages. Only gonna sell the perfect, the diamonds, and the golds, the bronzes and the irons. Gonna save the silvers in case I keep entering tourneys going forward.

I've been letting Asylum enter multiple types, but after the card purge, they'll only enter silver. Terra Incognita already enters only bronze, and Port Ruppert only iron. I already purged Port Ruppert of all the lives except the irons. Rustlers will keep only their bronze. What I need to do is take a half hour per team and figure out the best lineup I can make for each and get rid of the live cards that don't make the cut.

So....

Please add Kid_Heckett and the Asylum Keepers to your friends list.

The Rustlers will be in for sure the week after next.
that's exactly what I did last year. had a team dedicated to each tournament level.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote