Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:37 PM   #1
gigispeed1333
Minors (Single A)

Perfect Team- Reward Packs from Challenge Mode

I know we can get some reward packs from Challenge Mode for Perfect Team. Now, it would be nice to know what triggers these rewards so I could strive towards them.

Is there any list of what needs to be done to get which rewards for Perfect Team, or is it considered completely hidden so we are not aware?

If there is any list, please share!
gigispeed1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:41 PM   #2
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigispeed1333 View Post
I know we can get some reward packs from Challenge Mode for Perfect Team. Now, it would be nice to know what triggers these rewards so I could strive towards them.

Is there any list of what needs to be done to get which rewards for Perfect Team, or is it considered completely hidden so we are not aware?

If there is any list, please share!
The packs are awarded for completing challenge mode achievements at random. One can be awarded every 72 hours (though I do not remember for certain if this cool down period has been confirmed or is merely pieced together from anecdotal observations).

Also, they will normally be standard packs, though there is a small chance of being awarded a Gold Pack. I have not heard of any other pack types being achieved by this mechanism.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 03-31-2020 at 11:42 PM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:24 AM   #3
bphilb
Minors (Single A)

Most people use the single season replay with the 27 Yankees as they tend to acquire achievements quickly. There are times you can sign on and get a pack within a minute or two and times where you can sim two or three seasons before getting one. It's pretty random but the packs are helpful over the course of a season.

bphilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:38 AM   #4
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The developers have in the past declined to elaborate on what triggers the reward. They want to encourage play in Challenge Mode, rather than just have people play to get packs.

Of course, that doesn't stop people from doing the '27 Yankees thing...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:15 PM   #5
gigispeed1333
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
The developers have in the past declined to elaborate on what triggers the reward. They want to encourage play in Challenge Mode, rather than just have people play to get packs.

Of course, that doesn't stop people from doing the '27 Yankees thing...
What is so special about the 27 Yankees thing?
Old 04-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #6
chazzycat
All Star Starter

the '27 Yankees are generally considered the best baseball team of all time, so it's very easy to get achievements. You've got Ruth & Gehrig in their primes, plus a very solid supporting cast.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:08 PM   #7
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What is so special about the 27 Yankees thing?
There are many 1 time achievements, so it's best to start a new game after every season rather than keep playing on. You can expect about 20ish achievements playing the 1927 Yankees. Once you get one, stop playing, and log out completely to get your pack.

If they really wanted to encourage "challenge mode" they should re-structure the achievements to show up more often in regular dynasty play. I would like to enjoy the solo game (rather than regurgitating the 1927 Yankees), but the solo game just doesn't offer up enough achievements to make the time invested worthwhile. In fact, I've never even played the solo game more than a handful of hours in the 15 years I've been playing the game. Before PT, it was online leagues only.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #8
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

It's honestly not worth the time. It takes 10-15 minutes on average of mindless clicking so unless you value your time at like $4 an hour there's no real point.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:01 PM   #9
gigispeed1333
Minors (Single A)

I actually simmed a season with the 1927 yankees and didn't get any perfect team rewards. Weirdly enough
Old 04-01-2020, 10:21 PM   #10
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
I actually simmed a season with the 1927 yankees and didn't get any perfect team rewards. Weirdly enough
You enabled challenge mode and were logged in?

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:33 PM   #11
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I can sometimes go a complete season with the 1927 Yankees without being awarded a pack. Its an uncommon outcome, but it certainly isn't rare.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:46 PM   #12
chazzycat
All Star Starter

I'd say about 60% of the time you get it on first try. 30% on the second try, 10% on the third try. I've never taken more than 3 tries.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:04 PM   #13
SouthernStar71
Minors (Single A)

You can only get 1 pack ever 72 hours I think.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:37 PM   #14
ignats75
Minors (Triple A)

I had a pitcher throw a perfect game in league. I received 5,000 PP for it. No pack though.

ignats75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:36 PM   #15
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I believe it's more sublte than you think...

Like everyone else, I rushed into the '27 Yanks to try and grab some packs for PT last year. I stopped fairly quickly, just because it wasn't to my liking. When I have the time to play OOTP, I prefer to do historical what if's and run them for multiple seasons, usually until they run into expansion, which I seem to forget to turn off half the time. I leisure my way through the game, stopping to play or view a key game here and there.

This is my small sample, but I think there's a heavy "loyalty reward" factor built into the award of packs. If you put in the time and seasons and advance the game, you seem to get rewarded. For example, I took the '29 Cardinals into 1937, finished 2nd, 14 games out and got a gold pack. Actually, this reminds me I need to load that save into OOTP 21.

When I ran the '27 Yanks, I think I ran off three or four straight to get a regular pack. And it wasn't much fun. I haven't tried the gambit in OOTP 21. I have three saves going, one for each of my sign-in names. I know each has gotten a pack or two, but I haven't chased or worried about achievements, and I don't think it has mattered. My interest this year has been to take a team like the 39-40 Reds, go back five years to see if I can get them to the top as well.

My point is to enjoy the game. It seems to appreciate the attention and gives you the occasional thank you gift for playing.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:10 AM   #16
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Good avatar for the day, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
You enabled challenge mode and were logged in?
Al was my first favorite player. As good a man as he was on the field from all I saw and heard. If I'm wrong—do me a favor and don't tell me.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:21 AM   #17
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
Al was my first favorite player. As good a man as he was on the field from all I saw and heard. If I'm wrong—do me a favor and don't tell me.

I don't think you were wrong.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:52 PM   #18
gigispeed1333
Minors (Single A)

The 72 Hours must be a thing for the packs, cause I waited to what was 72 hours after my previous pack and got 1 within a few mins of simming with 27 yankees.

So I'm sure the most productive thing for packs is to just sim 1927 yankees every 3rd day. Kind of lame, but I guess it works.