Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:21 AM   #201
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Thanks I am able to navigate to there, I drop the same .png file into the logo folder but when I go to advance settings and select, my logo isn't on the list.
This is the screen you should be in. When you choose "select" you should get the file listing box that's on the right side. Your file should be near the bottom.
Attached Images
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:28 AM   #202
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
The scheduled new patch just got released.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=313122

Hmm, is it possible one of you doesn't have the patch, while the other one does?
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:33 AM   #203
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomcoach View Post
Wasn't thrilled to log in this morning and find that not only did my three teams not get in the same leagues as the other OL teams, they each ended up in a separate league! I double checked my friends list last night and made sure to submit afterwards. Not sure what happened.

Quirky things always seem to happen with the friends list. I have all three of your team's covered, even with my two non-OL teams. And the thing is, you have to check it every Sunday night, because it has happened that a team preference gets missed after weeks and weeks. Just hang in there. Hopefully you got into some leagues you can bang for points, by setting up your team for offense. See you next week.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:37 AM   #204
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Hmm, is it possible one of you doesn't have the patch, while the other one does?
could be it... I upgraded earlier this morning, so on the latest patch before the first sims kicked off....

bad news for me, Syrups go 1-2 in first series against Port Ruppert...

good news, Ethan Allen is on pace to get 432 hits this season
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:04 PM   #205
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:

That is very possible.

I have been waiting for my tournaments to end before doing the update.

Not sure if that would mess things up or not for me, so I figured I'd better play it safe.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:13 PM   #206
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
R92 Roster Alert!

I scanned the OL team rosters just to make sure everyone's was compliant (hey, I'm at home!) and found 3 teams that still have MLB 2020 players on their rosters. Please update your rosters!

palolo
1b Jose Martinez

sierra vista
3b Jedd Gyorko

waffletown
rf Shohei Ohtani
Thank you! I’ll take care of that right away.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:14 PM   #207
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
This will be the first clash of OL and BFF, and if the mechanics of the friends list are any indication, it is only the opening salvo of a year-long friendly war. Being on both sides, I can safely say that both of my teams should be facing relegation to rookie.
It’s gonna be lit!

Old 03-30-2020, 12:43 PM   #208
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

so, I have taken out the offending player. Luckily, he didn't play in two of my first three OL games. He only played in the second one vs. ANN.

Old 03-30-2020, 02:27 PM   #209
bsta93
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I tried to go to the google sheet to put in the numbers for the seven teams returning from PT 20, but I guess I don't have permission to edit, which makes sense, because the numbers could get screwed up in a hurry. If you want to include them, here they are:

Annandale - 1201-849 - 7 crowns
Asheboro - 736-728-4
Bluffton - 481-628-0
Palolo - 1076-1025-4
Port Ruppert - 1107-1145-0
Waffletown - 1086-1023-6

Port Ruppert is the only holdover from PT 19. They went 68-70 with 3 crowns.
Transylvania is also returning from '20.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:30 PM   #210
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Hooterville's perfect season is no more.

After starting the season 2-0, the Haymakers are in the middle of a 5 game skid and are trying to regroup after the devastating realization that they will not go undefeated in their inaugural season in the Grand Our League.

More to come later.

-30-
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:54 PM   #211
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Whoops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
looks like we missed 4 teams at the Rookie level:

-Bluffton Boomerangs (Rookie .050)
-Left Coast LabRats (Rookie .066)
-Weston Pointe Caspers (Rookie .187)
-MidWest Kaiju (Rookie .100)

double-check your settings that the 'use friend's list' is in place. (I show all four in my list)

all four Stone level teams are in the same league and we have one lone team at the Iron level waiting for the rest of us to join them (Shinbone Stars)
I added friends, but forgot to set the Caspers setting to be placed with friends (funny, I did that for Southpaws, and thought I had with the Caspers). At any rate, I have remedied that and Caspers should be there next week.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:35 PM   #212
Edster007
All Star Starter

Logged in to my team for the first time today. Coney Island is sitting at 6-5 and just dropped 2 of 3 to the Puppies in its it first OL series of the season. Two games prior to the series I had my longest game that I can remember on any platform winning a 23 inning game 5-4. I lost the following game 3-3 but at least got a complete game out of Ed Figueroa to spare the bullpen.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:37 PM   #213
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
so, I have taken out the offending player. Luckily, he didn't play in two of my first three OL games. He only played in the second one vs. ANN.

I'm assuming, like in the past, since Annandale won the game, we'll just count the game for OL.

By the way, those of you who see something amiss, don't be shy about binging it up. With the nature of so many small moving pieces in the game, things get overlooked. It helps make it easier when we catch them early. So, please, if you see something, mention it. In the four or five times it happened over the first two seasons, I think it was the manager who caught the mishap in all but one case. Luckily only one went for more than a few days. One of the great thing about OL is we watch out for each other.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:37 PM   #214
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I'm alone in an Iron league...
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:49 PM   #215
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I'm alone in an Iron league...
You’re peaking too soon!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:13 PM   #216
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsta93 View Post
Transylvania is also returning from '20.

How could I overlook my favorite logo? The Impalers were 273 and 291 while winning three crowns.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #217
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
I added friends, but forgot to set the Caspers setting to be placed with friends (funny, I did that for Southpaws, and thought I had with the Caspers). At any rate, I have remedied that and Caspers should be there next week.

And I forgot to post this, for you to consider if you're changing your name of any of your teams. Editor's note: I pulled down the image. It was the wrong one. I'll have to look for it a little later. Here it is.
Attached Images

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 03-30-2020 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:24 PM   #218
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I Think the Freedonia Liberation Front is Haunted

I can still remember the wondrous surprise of the biggest moment in Port Ruppert's PT 20 adventure in OL. It was the during the Winter Meetings after the 2031 OL season (Sunday morning). A fateful decision was made. I pulled a 100 Cy Young, and, rather than use it to finance the build of the Mundys' OL roster, I convinced myself that it would be disrespectful of baseball history and anger the baseball gods to sell it. Just didn't feel right.

So I decided to pay homage to their great bestowal by selling a lot my players to retool Port Ruppert as an "olde tyme" team (except for Willie Mays, of course). I think the baseball gods were pleased. At least I hope that's why they were laughing so loudly.

It turned out that I couldn't afford to get enough of the better "olde-tymers" to compete well against the other OL teams. After several of weeks, I gave it up and tried to regroup and catch back up, but still couldn't get myself to sell Cy. With his point producing aplomb he helped the team get better.

I went back into OOTP 20 to check his start date (No, I really don't remember the "wondrous moment that clearly. Or anything else these days.). It was 2032.

I looked up his history and saw he had a little over 135,000 PP through 2070. He probably got at least 70,000 of those in his 19 OL seasons, as he had 4 no-hitters (one a perfecto) and 7 one-hitters in OL, and probably 30 or more various post season awards. That's because had 7 silver, a gold, 9 diamond, and only two perfect seasons in OL.

After the OL era, he had 7 diamond and 15 perfect seasons, so I figure he earned less. He did have another no-hitter and 8 more one-hitters, but not nearly so many awards. I guess 65,000 or so seems right.

You're probably asking yourself, "What the hell does all this mean? Where the hell is he heading with this crap?," and most importantly, "Why the hell am I still reading it?"

First, it means that I could have likely tripled the amount of his earnings, got some really nice players early enough to swim with the bigger fish.

Second, my ill-fated "olde style" was a setback, because of which, for all his accomplishments, Cy never got the long sought OL crown. There were a few near misses, but there were always just enough games lost using players that the Young PP would have replaced.

As for the third question, I can't answer for you. Perhaps you think I'm now going to explain how this ties into the headline on this drivel. Sadly, that will have to wait for an hour so in part two.I noticed there were like 15,000 PP hanging in PT 20 and I wanna rip some packs.

Unless, of course, I just made you a too little peeved with the cheap cliffhanger.

Oh, by the way, I never regretted not selling him. The weeks of old timer chasing were nostalgic fun, and I loved having the guy they named the award for. Besides, without having kept Cy, I wouldn't be having the fun I am right now writing this crapola. His very basic stats:
Attached Images
Old 03-31-2020, 12:31 AM   #219
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Why I think the Freedonia Liberation Front is Haunted

I was kidding about the hour wait. I will rip those packs later, though.

The attached chart shows the details of the kind of pack ripping dumb luck I've read about on the forum, usually doubting it. These are the top 50 rated lives and OL cards after the 50th pack was ripped earlier today.

The only thing I did with the team was, 2 or 3 times a day, spend 10-15 minutes to rip packs, sell off doubles, click the AI to organize. That would cover both Freedonia and the Memphis Chicos, my other auto-pilot OL team-in-waiting.

One other thing. On Sunday morning, I notice that Freedonia had a bunch of Orioles, so I spent 300-400 PP for the Harold Baines. I had to buy only like eight cards.

I would then spend another hour tweaking Port Ruppert, checking the AH, and entering each of the teams in tournaments, probably getting them each into about a hundred from the start until now. I also took off a day from it and gave each of my team's around a hour at Challenge mode. They each got one. Of course, and trust me, I am not making this up, Freedonia's was a gold, which turned into my only gold double, so far, a live 88 that sold for 1600 PP.

With the current state of the pandemic, my other pursuits that took me from OL will be temporarily away, so I'll have way more time than I thought for OL (and, sorry in advance, per chance to write). That being the case, Freedonia might not be more than another week away. Unless this dumb and dumber luck doesn't stop. That I'll ride.

It crossed my mind for a split second that I could just make Freedonia my main team, or even exchange the team names, but it just didn't sit right. Port Report is the only remaining original team name, and it would have felt false to "not dance with one that brung me."

Besides, for me this is more about the nostalgia of building with players I watched and read about growing up, until I lost interest in baseball in the early 2000's. I don't even know who these guys are today, although Freedonia's changing that a bit for the good guys.

I like winning, but I love bad puns, making hideous and silly graphics, and interacting with the great bunch we have here.

Poor Memphis. I felt bad for them this morning. and spent over an hour and simmed the '27 Yanks to four straight titles with nothing getting awarded. I finally got frustrated and stopped. In the afternoon, I did a quick maintenance on PT to get the teams into their allotment of tournaments.

I had a half hour to kill before a late lunch, so I fired up a new historical, switched to the '08 Athletics for variety. They finished 7th the first year, and in 3rd, 15 games behind in '09. Wonder of wonders, the game still kicked out a pack. I felt better for the Chicos, I think you can guess what's coming next.

I had left the computer to get a drink, just after I finished signing the Athletics a few free agents. I truly did not notice that I had never logged onto the Memphis account, and, of course, the pack went to Freedonia. They only got a live silver, a live bronze, an OL bronze, and an OL iron, though.

Poor, poor Memphis. They have had much more typical pack luck, and will clearly be the runt of the litter when they finally show up.
Attached Images
Old 03-31-2020, 12:39 AM   #220
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, didn't go rip the packs.

I got called away for a bit and forgot to hit reply. Well, at least I didn't re-hit preview and kill it like I too often do.

By the way, perhaps one of the AH mavens can check my math, but I think the Liberation Front has got about 35,000, maybe 40,000 coming from the sale of the lives I've pictured. I may save the other bronze and iron to pop into a tournament now and then.

If that's the case, they'll stay on auto pilot and until they can land me a Willie Mays.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 03-31-2020 at 12:41 AM.