Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-09-2020, 02:10 PM   #21
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
It'll be the same as in PT20, it has proven to work well for the majority of users
I think you guys made the right decision for what it's worth.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:43 AM   #22
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
For a contrary perspective, I would consider changing the weekly schedule or adding defensive training to tournaments to both be negative changes. Just to break up the echo chamber here.
Is it an echo chamber because the same person's complaints keep bouncing around the empty thread?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 02:56 PM   #23
allenciox
All Star Reserve

So, when that poll came out, I voted to allow positional training in tournaments. I was outvoted, of course.

My opinion has since changed. I think using historical players out-of-position is purely metagaming. Take the 89 Hugh Duffy, for example. He was originally in the game as a really good hitter who was a pretty poor defender in CF. When people realized they could have a great hitting superior defender LF he suddenly was worth much more than his OVR rating.

Actually, I would now wish that they would be consistent. If you don't allow training in tournaments, then there shouldn't be training in perfect leagues at all. It is the inconsistency that bothers me, as "good players" vary dramatically between the regular PT season and tournaments.

To me the best option is not to allow new training for positions that the player did not play in real life. Period. In either tournaments or Perfect Team.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:00 PM   #24
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Completely agree. If you want to have nothing but shortstops and center fielders then fine, but you just get the underlying attributes and have to eat the out of position penalty.

Plus it just doesn't seem right at all that players available on the auction house come with vastly different defensive abilities that you can't even see. I wish all card history was erased when it is sold to a new team.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:36 AM   #25
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So, when that poll came out, I voted to allow positional training in tournaments. I was outvoted, of course.

My opinion has since changed. I think using historical players out-of-position is purely metagaming. Take the 89 Hugh Duffy, for example. He was originally in the game as a really good hitter who was a pretty poor defender in CF. When people realized they could have a great hitting superior defender LF he suddenly was worth much more than his OVR rating.

Actually, I would now wish that they would be consistent. If you don't allow training in tournaments, then there shouldn't be training in perfect leagues at all. It is the inconsistency that bothers me, as "good players" vary dramatically between the regular PT season and tournaments.

To me the best option is not to allow new training for positions that the player did not play in real life. Period. In either tournaments or Perfect Team.
I don’t want this but it is hard to argue against.

‘Perfect Team’ though, leads me to the fact that I am trying to build the Perfect Team. That probably means I will try and get an infield of HOF SS and a outfield of HOF CF if they were available.

The question remains. Is this a simulation or fantasy (build your perfect team). I think OOTP leave room for both so there is no need for absolutes.
There can be both.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:50 AM   #26
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Like I said, nothing in the game is preventing you from playing Derek Jeter at 2B if you want to and I don't think anything should. If you just don't get perfectly trained defense from him that seems like a fair "can be both" solution.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote