Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:44 AM   #1
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Draft failed to load

Have been simming seasons since 1901, just hit the 1967 draft and no players loaded. I set the draft date a few days further ahead to see if that helped but still nothing - and when I try a manual import I get "The historical player import failed".

Anyone had this before? I'm going to lose an entire season of players, and concerned I'm about to hit a shattering ongoing dead end in a game that I've been playing religiously since release date.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:06 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermercado View Post
Have been simming seasons since 1901, just hit the 1967 draft and no players loaded. I set the draft date a few days further ahead to see if that helped but still nothing - and when I try a manual import I get "The historical player import failed".

Anyone had this before? I'm going to lose an entire season of players, and concerned I'm about to hit a shattering ongoing dead end in a game that I've been playing religiously since release date.
Can you fill out a support ticket and upload the files for us to check out? Instructions on uploading are in my sig. Thanks!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #3
kit444
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I had a similar problem recently. There were only 18 players in the draft pool. I have the draft set up for late November. By examining the Master List of players, it appears to have drawn from players who debuted in that year (this is November of 2003 and all the players in the pool debuted in '03). Is the draft pool supposed to work that way? Should I push the draft date after the new year?
kit444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:19 AM   #4
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Can you fill out a support ticket and upload the files for us to check out? Instructions on uploading are in my sig. Thanks!
Done and done. For the record the end of 1968/pre-1969 draft pool generated as expected.

UPDATE - Then I did a four team expansion on my league to mirror MLB and while the Expansion Draft exists and makes me set a protected list, it won't let me make any selections, shows blank screens for Draft Rules/Continue Draft and the actual league draft order. I may have blown this up by holding a free agent draft before the expansion draft, but now the only way to continue is to delete the Expansion Draft via the league events and not have one.

Last edited by Supermercado; 06-15-2017 at 08:24 AM.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:47 PM   #5
Genericrogue
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermercado View Post

Just wanted to note that i think I'm having the exact same issue.

Started an Expansion Challenge in 2014, simmed all of 2014, 2015, and 2016. 2017 draft comes around, and it's all blank.

Any idea how to fix the issue?
Genericrogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:27 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericrogue View Post
Just wanted to note that i think I'm having the exact same issue.

Started an Expansion Challenge in 2014, simmed all of 2014, 2015, and 2016. 2017 draft comes around, and it's all blank.

Any idea how to fix the issue?
That's just naturally going to happen in 2017 in a historical league. There are no more historical players in the db to draw from since the season hasn't finished in reality yet and so isn't in the db

You'll have to switch over to having the game generate fictional players if you want to keep the league going.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:49 PM   #7
JeffScho
Minors (Double A)

I'm having this issue as well. Historal database files could not be found in league options. I'd love to know how to put the database where it needs to go.
JeffScho is offline   Reply With Quote