Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #201
legend15
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Why do it manually? The game usually imports everything automatically if you have the logos properly named in the proper folder.
So I started my new career with the mets, 3 games in, 3-0 thank you very much ...first time I ever started a season 3-0 with the mets

so, if I want to install ballparks, the ballparks won't work since I already started the season?

and if I download one of those all in one mods, the game will automatically put all the files where they belong? exactly how do I do that?
legend15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #202
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend15 View Post
So I started my new career with the mets, 3 games in, 3-0 thank you very much ...first time I ever started a season 3-0 with the mets

so, if I want to install ballparks, the ballparks won't work since I already started the season?

and if I download one of those all in one mods, the game will automatically put all the files where they belong? exactly how do I do that?
You won't have to start over. Just download the All in One Mod and install it. Then select commish mode. Go to each teams home page and select edit ballpark....select the appropriate stadium pic. Make sure you select the day and night pics.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #203
Greenie
Bat Boy

The game crashes so much. I've never had a problem on any of the previous versions but every 2 or 3 games I play on this one, it crashes out of nowhere and I lose all my progress. I try to save it after every game, but it took me 3 crashes to just complete a single game.
Greenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #204
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
The game crashes so much. I've never had a problem on any of the previous versions but every 2 or 3 games I play on this one, it crashes out of nowhere and I lose all my progress. I try to save it after every game, but it took me 3 crashes to just complete a single game.
Turn off the ball flight. There's a problem with it right now that causes crashes for certain users. It's being fixed, but in the meantime, don't use it.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #205
JMDurron
All Star Starter

It's a little thing, but the bookmarks importing over from my OOTP13 league was a nice touch. So was having the ballparks stay in place so long as I copied the right image files into the ballparks folder.

So, thanks for those two things.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #206
Dave Hansen
Major Leagues

Historical Replay Questions

I've purchased every release of OOTP since v4.0.

I currently just play historical leagues with the following settings:

. no scouts
. no coaches
. no financials
. AI trading on hard
. use OOTP development engine
. historical rookies.

I play out/manage each of my teams's games inning by inning using one pitch mode.

With a pretty restrictive sandbox that I play in...is there enough new stuff for me to make a purchase of 14?

. expanded pbp?
. any new in-game managerial decisions features available?
. are ball flight graphics/locations and pbp text now more in sync with one another?
. any new in-game sounds vs. the mod I d/l 3/4 years ago?
. AI trade logic "tight" on 2 for 1... 3 for 1 trades?
. new reports...expanded details for players/teams/league (love details)
. improved/enhanced pitchers/batters splits ratings?
. what's the new default ball park picture?
. any improvement in AI drafting logic when using a fantasy draft to start a league?

Feedback would be appreciated.

TXS.
Dave Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #207
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

good so far but fix pinch hitter and runners

I was really on the fence this year about buying, but so far I have really enjoyed a couple of the new features, the international complex and signing phase and the set status to not interested for trading are great. One gripe, when players retire,are traded or leave as free agents it would be nice if they where not left on the lineup screen as pinch hitters or pinch runners.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #208
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

My impression: Somewhat newb perspective, but I'll offer it. The game is more approachable than OOT13, with some nice new features. Still getting a hang of the navigation, since I didn't play 13 too much.

I love the immersion though. Far better than any graphical button mashing game produced in the last decade. But I'm that kind of person. A thinker, not a 15 year old that wants "cool graphics" above all else.

Still figuring out personalities, but it's nice that they are reflected in various areas like game performance and contract negotiations. That kind of thing can be easily set aside by other games, so I'm happy Markus gives us these tools to work with.

I would like a better set of daily reminders of things to dig into, but I suppose it's already there and just not being fully used yet by me.

I'm getting hooked on the game though. I love baseball, and as a management sim, you really can't beat it.
goalieump413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #209
BigCity
All Star Starter

News Stories now saved - but...

I'm thrilled to see the news stories saved in the "messages" folder of the saved game, but two minor gripes....

1. No dates are included. My hope was to sort these into an HTML presentation by week or month, but without the dates that is rendered useless.

2. Team and player IDs are included along with team and player names. Although I can see the use of the IDs if you wanted to provide a link, stripping these IDs out is a bit of a chore if all I'm doing is creating a "news story page".

#1 is the critical item here... #2 we could strip out as part of the HTML assembly.
BigCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #210
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Just had to say that I found OOTP13 to be a lot of fun and very realistic and my early playing in OOTP14 is even much better in the early going.

The text to speech is better. The script is better. The look and ability to increase font size is better for this old man. The sounds are good.

Can't wait to figure out how to get PStrickerts 1959 World Series quickstart going in OOTP14 !!

Great game and the historical area is better and I think it will get even better as the summer goes on with patches. Hope so.

Thank you Markus and gang for this great game of Baseball...

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #211
rp03ev
Bat Boy

game is amazing, but so frustrating at time due to the crashes. the new patch helped a little, but game still crashes way to often to be fully enjoyable.
rp03ev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:36 AM   #212
dek0112
Bat Boy

Problem with in game photos

For some reason the in game photos for the visiting teams are not appearing.
I'm replaying the 2012 season.
dek0112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #213
Hellenstone
Minors (Double A)

Really like it but I am not a OOTP pro, more a just-4-fun gamer.
Love the new look and have no crash problems at all (running on a good old Windows XP system).
Old 04-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #214
metsguy234
Minors (Triple A)

1. The game occasionally freezes and I lose months of progress. This is not typically during PBP, as it seems to be for most people. This has happened three times to me, usually after hours of normal gameplay.

2. Players occasionally are shown in PBP as wearing an outdated jersey. I may have screwed something up with respect to this, I'm not sure.

3. All players on fictional teams are wearing a bizarre green and blue jersey with a green hat with a strange black mark over it. I can't figure out how to make the game generate logos for fictional teams anymore, I think I screwed something up.

None of my bug reports are getting answered. Other than this, I like the game.
metsguy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #215
rp03ev
Bat Boy

^ try turning off ball animation. i use to freeze every 3-4 games but haven't yet run into the ingame freeze bug since i disabled ball animation.

hopefully they will release a new patch to address this because we shouldn't be disabling a feature to make the game playable.
rp03ev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:44 AM   #216
bouzouki
Bat Boy

I can never get more than a week into a season without the game crashing. I have had every version of this game since ootp8. I am starting a 2013 major league game like I always do. This is very frustrating. I have never had this problem before. Any help?
bouzouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #217
boggs26
Minors (Rookie Ball)

stuck at non-existent all-star game

So I started a historical replay in 1871 (I love to restart from the beginning of the organized game and see who winds up holding various records when I make it back to the present) and because it is 1871, I disabled the all-star game. Unfortunately, when I reached July 4th, the league tried to play an all-star game with no players and just stalled out. It keeps saying simulating, but it doesn't move beyond the 4th of July.... Anyone have any ideas?
boggs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #218
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp03ev View Post
^ try turning off ball animation. i use to freeze every 3-4 games but haven't yet run into the ingame freeze bug since i disabled ball animation.

hopefully they will release a new patch to address this because we shouldn't be disabling a feature to make the game playable.
What's with the repeated suggestions to turn off the ball animations. Did any of the posters you replied to mention anything about having ball animations on?
thevaliantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #219
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Sox-Fan View Post
I've imported our online league from OOTP12 and everything looks fine. However, the one thing that didn't transfer over was the online league settings (all the paths and ids for download and upload). I've not had success with this with previous updates either. It's not that big a deal to put them in again, but it would be nice if they came across.
I think this was the case in prior versions as well. I also would like it if these settings transferred over.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #220
mets24
Bat Boy

I'm doing a historical league and have option to automatically import that years finances selected but it doesn't do it and I have to manually change it.

I skipped a few years and the new scout/draft system feels more like a crapshoot now but I guess that is what it's like in real life.
mets24 is offline   Reply With Quote