Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:15 PM   #1
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Base running conservative or aggressive & SB

Does anyone know if conservative baserunning vs. aggressive baserunning has an effect on when the players try to steal a base... I know the slider for stealing a base is from never to frequently...I like to try rather often but if I set it high, I cringe at some of the times they pick to steal a base. Does general base-running set at conservative or aggressive have any effect on base-stealers or should I just try to fine-tune their Steal Attempts with game situation sliders?

If my base stealing is set to frequently but baserunning set to conservative, is there any chance they might steal bases only against certain catchers / in ideal situations?

Coming off a season where I finished near last in conference in baserunning after finishing top 3 the season before and thought it was because of the tuning I'd done over the seasons leading up to that one but then they reverted to some sloppy baserunning the next season...either that or they just had bad luck.

I know you can have bad luck in good luck from one season to the next but I'm looking for a tip as to how to create a good 3B coach & 1B coach essentially using the sliders.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:36 PM   #2
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Does anyone know if conservative baserunning vs. aggressive baserunning has an effect on when the players try to steal a base... I know the slider for stealing a base is from never to frequently...I like to try rather often but if I set it high, I cringe at some of the times they pick to steal a base. Does general base-running set at conservative or aggressive have any effect on base-stealers or should I just try to fine-tune their Steal Attempts with game situation sliders?

If my base stealing is set to frequently but baserunning set to conservative, is there any chance they might steal bases only against certain catchers / in ideal situations?

Coming off a season where I finished near last in conference in baserunning after finishing top 3 the season before and thought it was because of the tuning I'd done over the seasons leading up to that one but then they reverted to some sloppy baserunning the next season...either that or they just had bad luck.

I know you can have bad luck in good luck from one season to the next but I'm looking for a tip as to how to create a good 3B coach & 1B coach essentially using the sliders.
i think it just deals with runners trying to take an extra base

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:09 AM   #3
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Yeah...wondering if "taking an extra base" maybe was part of stolen bases in the game/SB attitude, but guessing maybe the slider for stolen bases is what that's about.

Maybe when I'm feeling up to it, I'll read the electronic manual or fine-tune the situational SB sliders.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:04 AM   #4
allenciox
All Star Reserve

My understanding is the following:

1. Baserunning (RUN) affects the players' ability to successfully determine when they can take an extra base on a hit, or advance a base on an outfield catch.

2. Stealing (STE) affects the players' ability to successfully determine favorable stealing situations.

3. Speed (SPE) enters in to the ability to take an extra base or to steal a base, but also has a detrimental effect, as people with high speed will try to take an extra base AND to steal even when it is not a good idea to do so.

Looking at many seasons of perfect league data, believe it or not, SPE has negative partial correlations with BsR (Base running runs plus base stealing runs). On the other hand, BsR has good positive correlations with both STE and RUN. So the worst pairing you can have is someone with high SPE but low STE and/or low RUN. I recommend that you set player strategy for those players to override team strategy and set stealing and base running much lower for them.

Last edited by allenciox; 09-17-2019 at 10:11 AM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote