Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 02-08-2019, 11:44 PM   #1
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Big. Honking. Fire. Sale.

So, my team in Perfect League isn't doing so hot (currently in the P400 mega-league, and firmly in relegation territory), and I'm trying to offload as much as I can so I can rebuild my entire team.

I've offloaded a good amount of my players already (90 Rollie, Lincecum, 100 Eck, Robles, Torres, 2011 Pablo (fully trained @ SS), Corbin and Fosse), and am still looking to sell more pieces off.

Here's what I have for perusal. PM me here or on Discord with what you're interested in (list will be updated after sells), and we can negotiate a sell price! Thanks!

(Red lines indicate untouchable players)
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:50 AM   #2
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Name:  do-you-want-5cm8lz.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  59.1 KB

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:58 AM   #3
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Wait, I can't post sales in the Auction House forum?

If so, mods, please delete.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Old 02-09-2019, 02:05 AM   #4
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

No, I was responding to selling off your best players in a fire sale while at the Perfect level.

It was intended to be humorous. However, do please be careful with regard to the timing of the rebuild, since the devs have never drawn a clear line at how much tanking is too much tanking. It is a risk to sell off too much of your team.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:07 AM   #5
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Gotcha. My bad for being confused at the reaction post. You're good.

My plan is to get some new players off the AH with the funds I get from this sale at the start of next season (or heck, even earlier perhaps). Mostly a re-tooling of the roster being facilitated by a fairly decent tear-down. I've got decent golds and silvers and Matt Chapman in reserve to replace people I do sell.

I've just realized the players I have now aren't quite cutting it, so I'm gonna try to do a different approach for next season.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #6
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
No, I was responding to selling off your best players in a fire sale while at the Perfect level.

It was intended to be humorous. However, do please be careful with regard to the timing of the rebuild, since the devs have never drawn a clear line at how much tanking is too much tanking. It is a risk to sell off too much of your team.

someone selling off their team to rebuild isn't going to get them banned.

you get banned for doing things like having teams of all catchers or all position players pitching.
HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:56 PM   #7
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
someone selling off their team to rebuild isn't going to get them banned.

you get banned for doing things like having teams of all catchers or all position players pitching.
Actually it can IIRC. Someone at perfect level that sells their team and is left with all irons or irons/bronze to compete in Perfect (upsetting the balance of PP and wins other teams get) can be banned. It would need to be done gradually as you work your way down one level to the next.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:34 PM   #8
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Here's what I have for perusal. PM me here or on Discord with what you're interested in (list will be updated after sells), and we can negotiate a sell price! Thanks!
This is one of the things that saddens me about the way people use Discord. Why negotiate a price? If you put them for sale for the lowest amount you find acceptable, if it is reasonable, you will get that price and most likely more than you would from a negotiated price by just letting all people bid. Offline negotiations happen... I get it. But it doesn't seem to gain much and can open the door to gray area dealings that might scam the system.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:23 PM   #9
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Auction House availability...

This is more of a question than a request.

I noticed that a team can access the auction house during the playoffs, and was wondering if that is in keeping with the concept. Should the Auction House be closed during the playoffs for playoff teams, or is the general opinion that owners should be able to stock their teams with players that didn't play during the season?

I wouldn't have noticed but I purchased a player on Sunday morning for the following season. I expected the game would say no - or that he wouldn't be able to play in the playoffs. I was surprised when he was added to the active roster and was available for the first playoff game.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:18 PM   #10
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
This is more of a question than a request.

I noticed that a team can access the auction house during the playoffs, and was wondering if that is in keeping with the concept. Should the Auction House be closed during the playoffs for playoff teams, or is the general opinion that owners should be able to stock their teams with players that didn't play during the season?

I wouldn't have noticed but I purchased a player on Sunday morning for the following season. I expected the game would say no - or that he wouldn't be able to play in the playoffs. I was surprised when he was added to the active roster and was available for the first playoff game.
Yes, it is open and has been discussed whether or not it should be. In the end the decision to be able to use PP to upgrade was confirmed (with examples why it should be that way). That being said, the players can only be added before the series starts, not during.