Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 01-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #41
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

First thanks for creating the site and thanks to padresfan for everything over the years.

Just a suggestion, to save on bandwidth (especially facegen and photos) have you considered using torrents? I'm sure a lot of us have most of these files sitting around anyway, may as well be sharing them.

Also, if it's not too much bandwidth, it would be great to have preview images of what style of graphics are in the zip files. For ballpark files in particular, it would be great to have a browsable photo gallery. I know those suggestions would add to the workload and bandwidth, but I just thought I'd bring them up.

As for organization, it might be a good idea to create an all in one archive section where everything older than a certain point is stored, especially content that's been recreated/updated or is no longer compatible with the current version of OOTP.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #42
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
Just a suggestion, to save on bandwidth (especially facegen and photos) have you considered using torrents? I'm sure a lot of us have most of these files sitting around anyway, may as well be sharing them.
He does that I won't download anything from his site. I have had too many problems from torrents, even on secure sites.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #43
Athletics17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
He does that I won't download anything from his site. I have had too many problems from torrents, even on secure sites.
Same here.

Athletics17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #44
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Examples?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #45
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Examples?
add ons for games..not talking music or movies thats a problem waiting to happen. I was on Piratebay until about 3 years ago when I had downloaded a photo set for High Heat that crashed my PC, Also I have had issues with people who I thought I knew and trusted putting torrents up for games just to have my PC crash. Namely for MVP 05.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #46
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just a suggestion, to save on bandwidth (especially facegen and photos) have you considered using torrents?

Also, if it's not too much bandwidth, it would be great to have preview images of what style of graphics are in the zip files. For ballpark files in particular, it would be great to have a browsable photo gallery.

As for organization, it might be a good idea to create an all in one archive section where everything older than a certain point is stored, especially content that's been recreated/updated or is no longer compatible with the current version of OOTP.
No need for torrents. Bandwidth should be a non-issue. If you have a host that's going to start hitting you for a lot of high bandwidth charges, then you're hiring the wrong host.

I don't have plans for photo galleries because I couldn't justify the time involved unless the community wanted to step up with some donations to help that cause or allow me to hire someone to do the work. But I plan on creating a dedicated page for each mod with a description of what it does, possibly screenshots, and instructions for installation. But this will depend largely on the mod creators helping out by submitting the info.

Finally, I already have plans to reorganize the site and create categories by OOTP version. That will help keep older files available while focusing the lists and navigation on mods that are newer and compatible with current game versions.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #47
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

One idea to add regarding the site is linking in some additional community content regarding mods like Fidel's video walk through of installing StatsLab.

I'd could also think of a rotating "Featured mod" box on the home to randomly pick a mod for the current release version and Mod HQ for your aforementioned tutorials.

Markus seems to kill off the need for certain outside mods with each release, but were still finding ways to extend the game when we can.