Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Mods Looking for a Good Home

Hi Everyone -

For reasons I don't care to go into here, I can't devote the time and attention to the OOTP Mod website and these forums that I once did. I'm not going to take the site down any time soon, but I would really like to find a successor to pass the responsibility to as soon as possible.

Jazzrack will continue to host all the files, my replacement just needs to host a website with links to Jazz's site. General responsibilities include scanning the forums for interesting files, and accepting submissions when you are contacted by a mod creator. Benefits are the unwavering devotion of all OOTP players around the world.

So who's interested????
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
No Pepper
All Star Starter

Although I do not have the resources to carry on the torch, I want to personally thank you for providing a reliable and well-run resource to enhance our enjoyment of the game we all love to play. Thank you!
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
Hi Everyone -

For reasons I don't care to go into here, I can't devote the time and attention to the OOTP Mod website and these forums that I once did. I'm not going to take the site down any time soon, but I would really like to find a successor to pass the responsibility to as soon as possible.

Jazzrack will continue to host all the files, my replacement just needs to host a website with links to Jazz's site. General responsibilities include scanning the forums for interesting files, and accepting submissions when you are contacted by a mod creator. Benefits are the unwavering devotion of all OOTP players around the world.

So who's interested????
Awww man!
So sorry to hear that you have to move on Padre!

Thanks for providing us with your resources!!!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

I'm potentially interested in doing this, especially since I already have some other web development projects in the works. However, I'm curious to know how frequent and reliable that donations have been for the existing site. This can be important to defraying the hosting and domain costs, while also having additional resources to do more with a site.

PadreFan, could you send me an IM to let me know a bit about your experience with PayPal donations to the site?
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post
I'm potentially interested in doing this, especially since I already have some other web development projects in the works. However, I'm curious to know how frequent and reliable that donations have been for the existing site. This can be important to defraying the hosting and domain costs, while also having additional resources to do more with a site.

PadreFan, could you send me an IM to let me know a bit about your experience with PayPal donations to the site?
Will do...
Old 10-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pepper View Post
Although I do not have the resources to carry on the torch, I want to personally thank you for providing a reliable and well-run resource to enhance our enjoyment of the game we all love to play. Thank you!
Echoed by me. Thank you!!

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #7
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

I would like to say it has been a pleasure to work with Al these last few years. If you are ever up by Sacramento let me know... we'll do lunch

and i am still here to host the files if need be.

jazz

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #8
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm developing a plan to launch a new site to host the OOTP mods. I've been in touch with Al, and I hope to have a new site running by the end of this month.

I actually have several web projects in the works, and I may need to migrate existing domains to a new host. So I want to sort that out first.

Jazzrack, I can actually host the files on a new domain once the site is launched. Are you currently hosting all of the files? Or are there some that are hosted elsewhere? I haven't checked all the links yet.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #9
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm developing a plan to launch a new site to host the OOTP mods. I've been in touch with Al, and I hope to have a new site running by the end of this month.

I actually have several web projects in the works, and I may need to migrate existing domains to a new host. So I want to sort that out first.

Jazzrack, I can actually host the files on a new domain once the site is launched. Are you currently hosting all of the files? Or are there some that are hosted elsewhere? I haven't checked all the links yet.
Thanks Charlie for taking on this task! Much appreciated!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #10
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

cool, i don't have an exact answer to that question. if not it would just be a few small or old mods from before pads and i hooked up.

FYI: the mods have pushed near a terabyte a couple times , most host don't care these days, but i did get migrated over to a different server because of it

Old 11-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack View Post
cool, i don't have an exact answer to that question. if not it would just be a few small or old mods from before pads and i hooked up.

FYI: the mods have pushed near a terabyte a couple times , most host don't care these days, but i did get migrated over to a different server because of it
All the files are on Jazz's site.

Jazz, while I work on finding new homes for the mod files for the other games (which will likely take longer), I'm hoping you won't make any changes so those links still work. Thanks!!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #12
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Jazz, while I work on finding new homes for the mod files for the other games (which will likely take longer), I'm hoping you won't make any changes so those links still work. Thanks!!
i have no plans on making any changes

Old 11-04-2011, 03:18 AM   #13
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack View Post
Believe me, I've been down the same road with a couple of different hosting companies over the past few years. At one point, it was more of a question of when my sites weren't going to be migrated at any given time. But, thanks to the hassles and downtime, I was repaid with quite a few months of free hosting. So I suppose it was worth the trouble.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #14
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:

Jazz whats your site, i know I have seen it before but i dont have it saved.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #15
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
pads has the site with the links, i just host the files, i still have 6.5 mods available on the server someplace

Old 12-24-2011, 11:34 PM   #16
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Hough, are you still working on this? Otherwise, I'd like to get something in the works.

Jazz, how much space is needed?
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #17
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Chris - I pinged Charlie in an e-mail as well, not sure what his plans are. Right now, the total disk space taken up by OOTP Mods is about 10 to 11 GB.

Al
Old 12-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #18
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

I'm on it, gang. We had a major issue at our house and had to clear out during restoration. So I fell behind and had not built the site yet. Thankfully we don't own the house and are only renting it. And now I'm finally getting ready to build the site and go live.

The domain is registered and I'm waiting on my host to finish the server side work. It should have been done already today, but I'm still waiting.

I will start building the site once the domain is ready on the host server. I expect to have it live this week. It will probably be fairly basic at the outset, but I'm trying to line up some decent graphic design for a banner and a few other elements for visual stimulation.

Maybe I'll put a request out on the mods community once I have a theme installed and I'm ready to start making some changes. I'll be using Drupal to build and manage the site.

UPDATE: I am now building the site. Hopefully I can get the Drupal theme presentable and have this thing live by no later than Thursday. I'm aiming for sooner, but the presentable part can sometimes take a bit of extra time.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 12-27-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #19
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

By the way, if you have suggestions for improvements to the OOTP Mods website experience, please let me know.

I'm considering ideas for improving the way that the links are organized, but if the current system works fine, then I will leave it alone.

But it might be nice to group things according to OOTP versions where appropriate, and possibly to present them according to subcategories like ballpark images vs. data, historical vs. contemporary MLB, etc.

For the initial launch, however, I'm just going to duplicate the current OOTP Mod lists and categories.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #20
conception
All Star Starter

Just wanted to chip and show my support/good wishes towards the efforts to resurrect the great bastion of OOTP files. Easy access to all of those files is part of what makes OOTP desirable to get into. I know when I first researched the game, I was very encouraged by what I saw at the site and knew that there were going to be fun times ahead.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote