Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 05-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
daschwab12
Bat Boy

I'm Sorry But...

Listen, I love this app, I really do, but I had to make an account to complain about the endless crashing. Seriously, this app crashes at least once every ten minutes for me. I have an iPhone 3G (7 GB) and I have lots of free space (over 3 GB available). I try shutting it off and rebooting it, but it still crashes. I only have one saved game, I have tried deleting the app, reloading it, and rebooting my iPhone, and it still does not work. I love this app and I'm a huge virtual GM style fan, but it's basically unplayable for me.
daschwab12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
omgimasian
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschwab12 View Post
Listen, I love this app, I really do, but I had to make an account to complain about the endless crashing. Seriously, this app crashes at least once every ten minutes for me. I have an iPhone 3G (7 GB) and I have lots of free space (over 3 GB available). I try shutting it off and rebooting it, but it still crashes. I only have one saved game, I have tried deleting the app, reloading it, and rebooting my iPhone, and it still does not work. I love this app and I'm a huge virtual GM style fan, but it's basically unplayable for me.
what version of the game are you playing? it's fixed in 1.0.1 and later
omgimasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:48 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

There may be several reasons for your crashes. Is your phone jailbroken? What version of iOOTP do you use?
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschwab12 View Post
1. Please check your version number.

Start the game and select Credits -> Version should be 1.0.2 at the moment (that is important!).

2. Please make sure to really reboot the device before playing:

- Hold down the hold button at the top and the home button at the center front of the device.
- Continue holding them even after the slider to turn off the device appears.
- A few seconds after this, the screen will flash and go black.
- Hold down the hold button at the top until the screen lights up again and the Apple logo appears.
- Release the button and let the device finish booting up.

3. Always save manually before you leave the game (because of the old device). The game will make weekly auto-saves.

4. When you get a crash, always reboot your device before starting iOOTP again (see point 2).

iOOTP should run on your device, I tested it on my iPhone 3G (and the beta team) and as long as you follow this simple guide the number of crashes should be reduced greatly.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #5
RPage
Minors (Single A)

Multitasking

The only issues I have noticed, and I have an iPhone 4, is when you have a lot of apps running in the background " multitasking " the game slows down. I know the apps aren't really running in the background, but they do use resources. Hope this helps.

"Don't worry about your seeing eye dog back here ump. I fed and watered him for you."
RPage is offline   Reply With Quote