Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 09-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #41
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

My buddy and I am hamstrung just a little bit due to our online league's slow move to OOTP X. We're at the All Star Game today. After the end of the season, I'll be able to use this in my most competitive league.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #42
Afino
Hall Of Famer

You know, I can't help myself but to report a couple of other bugs/features I'd like....

- "Designated Hitter" shows up as "Designated Hitcher".

Feature requests:

- If I could go into a player card, click on one of the columns, and get the card for that without having to x out of the card and get the other column, that would be incredible.
- Any way to put Stamina in there? I couldn't find it and I know that can be changed over time.
- Any way to have the columns in a different order and keep it that way? I'd like to be able to see Stuff/Movement/Control, then StuffP/MoveP/ControlP instead of the way it is now.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #43
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
- Any way to put Stamina in there? I couldn't find it and I know that can be changed over time.
That'd be a good addition, along with velocity. I know adding those to DevTracker is probably out of the question, but I'm interested in both of these ratings with ScoutTracker.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #44
kbensel
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
That'd be a good addition, along with velocity. I know adding those to DevTracker is probably out of the question...
I'd love it if these could be added to DevTracker if Neags comes back to it at some point.
kbensel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #45
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbensel View Post
I'd love it if these could be added to DevTracker if Neags comes back to it at some point.
Yeah, I think the problem there, IIRC, is that the original code is ... gone, so any changes there are pretty unlikely. But couldn't agree more that seeing the changes in those categories, while fairly limited in frequency, would be intriguing to examine.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #46
kbensel
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yeah, I think the problem there, IIRC, is that the original code is ... gone, so any changes there are pretty unlikely. But couldn't agree more that seeing the changes in those categories, while fairly limited in frequency, would be intriguing to examine.
Right. My hope is that adapting ScoutingTracker back into a new version of DevTracker wouldn't be too much work. Obviously they use different data as inputs (.DAT files for ScoutingTracker vs. the exported .CSV files for DevTracker), although I wonder if now that Neags is using .DAT files, maybe DevTracker could use .DAT files directly, which would make things a little easier.

Then again, that option might present a tad bit of a problem for online leagues, unless he incorporated a similar type of verification system into DevTracker as exists in ScoutingTracker, to prevent misuse in online leagues.

Anyway, just a thought.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #47
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
You know, I can't help myself but to report a couple of other bugs/features I'd like....

Feature requests:

- If I could go into a player card, click on one of the columns, and get the card for that without having to x out of the card and get the other column, that would be incredible.
- Any way to have the columns in a different order and keep it that way? I'd like to be able to see Stuff/Movement/Control, then StuffP/MoveP/ControlP instead of the way it is now.
I'll fix that typo. Thanks for pointing that one out.

The first feature... I'm not exactly sure what you're wanting. By "getting the other column", do you mean the graph for a particular rating? If so, you don't need to close the player card and right-click again. The graph portion of the card is split so that you can drag part of the right side of the window and expose the checkboxes that allow you to choose a new rating to graph (similar to devTracker).

I could add stamina, but it'd be a little tricky getting it to work with old baselines. Because I haven't added it before, I'd have to add in a check to see if you're using a baseline that has stamina, and if not, re-write the baseline to have stamina in for every old date on the baseline. It's doable, but tricky.

The last feature request... you can re-order the columns however you'd like. Having them saved that way when you come back would be a lot of work, without much payoff. I'll look into it, though. Maybe it'll be easier than I'm thinking.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 09-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #48
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
That'd be a good addition, along with velocity. I know adding those to DevTracker is probably out of the question, but I'm interested in both of these ratings with ScoutTracker.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Right. My hope is that adapting ScoutingTracker back into a new version of DevTracker wouldn't be too much work. Obviously they use different data as inputs (.DAT files for ScoutingTracker vs. the exported .CSV files for DevTracker), although I wonder if now that Neags is using .DAT files, maybe DevTracker could use .DAT files directly, which would make things a little easier.

Then again, that option might present a tad bit of a problem for online leagues, unless he incorporated a similar type of verification system into DevTracker as exists in ScoutingTracker, to prevent misuse in online leagues.

Anyway, just a thought.
I can certainly look into adding velocity (see the post above this one).

I'm most likely not going to re-write DevTracker as long as it still works. If the next version of OOTP breaks it, I will. But it's a pretty big project to re-write just to add a couple of minor features.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #49
kbensel
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
I'm most likely not going to re-write DevTracker as long as it still works. If the next version of OOTP breaks it, I will. But it's a pretty big project to re-write just to add a couple of minor features.
Completely understandable. My programming doesn't really extend much beyond SQL and perl, so I was hoping that "converting" ScoutingTracker into "new and improved" DevTracker wouldn't be too much work. Sounds like I'm wrong. No problem. I love DevTracker as a tool for understanding how ratings change over time, due to age, injury, and randomness. Thanks again for sharing it with the community!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #50
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Completely understandable. My programming doesn't really extend much beyond SQL and perl, so I was hoping that "converting" ScoutingTracker into "new and improved" DevTracker wouldn't be too much work. Sounds like I'm wrong. No problem. I love DevTracker as a tool for understanding how ratings change over time, due to age, injury, and randomness. Thanks again for sharing it with the community!
Using the existing ScoutingTracker code to re-do DevTracker would probably be my best bet.

But I don't know if I'd want to use the .dat files or .csv's. The .csv's are easier, just because I know exactly what's in them, best ways to access them, etc. I can do that stuff on my own. The .dat files, I'm reliant on Tony M's .dat file reader. And while he did an excellent job with that, it's still an unknown to me.

For instance, something as simple as getting the league's name. With the .csv's, I can just look at leagues.csv. With the .dat reader... well, I don't even know how off the top of my head.

So I'd probably use the .csv's, but that eliminates online leagues. Which might be better, anyway, so I wouldn't have to incorporate another verification system like in ScoutingTracker.

I don't know. I'm rambling. We'll see. If I get bored, I'll look into it.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #51
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
That's a bug in my decoding dll - I've enumerated position 10 to the string DesignatedHitcher
Old 10-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #52
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
That's a bug in my decoding dll - I've enumerated position 10 to the string DesignatedHitcher
Maybe position 10 guys just always seem to need a ride?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #53
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Using the existing ScoutingTracker code to re-do DevTracker would probably be my best bet.
Good idea.

Quote:
The .csv's are easier, just because I know exactly what's in them, best ways to access them, etc. I can do that stuff on my own.
and as such remain the best candidate tools. In addition, there is an bit of an implied manager control in being forced to dump the data at the intervals he feels important to establish as baselines.

Quote:
So I'd probably use the .csv's, but that eliminates online leagues. Which might be better, anyway, so I wouldn't have to incorporate another verification system like in ScoutingTracker.
Agreed. But . . . can you build on that code, i.e. add those items like velocity, stamina, et al? Are those all contained in .csv's?

I don't have a definitive answer to that one, but Tony probably does.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #54
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
Ok here is exactly what happens now with the new build.

1) I double click on the executable and it comes up, "Couldn't find your OOTP 10 saved_games directory. Try browsing..." I hit the "OK" button.

2) I click the "Browsing" link on the splash page thing and navigate to the League.lg folder.

3) I press the "OK" button and get a popup, ""Access to the path 'c:\defaultpath.ini' is denied." I hit the "OK" button.

4) What looks like a Windows error box pops up (see attached screen shot). I hit the "Continue" button and that windows pop up disappears and I'm back to the Scouting Tracker splash page (the one with the Browsing link at the bottom) and that's it. Nothing happens from there, it just sits.

Thanks for being so patient with me, I'm a bit of a dumbass about this kind of stuff.
If you are using Vista, try running it as administrator.
StyxNCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #55
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Back to nothing happening with the SctTracker. The program starts, I select my league, it loads the league, the dates are fixed at 4/17 in both start and end, and selecting the team or any checkbox nothing happens. What'd I miss? And what files do I delete from where to go clean slate and reinstall all over again if I must?
Old 10-25-2009, 03:48 AM   #56
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Back to nothing happening with the SctTracker. The program starts, I select my league, it loads the league, the dates are fixed at 4/17 in both start and end, and selecting the team or any checkbox nothing happens. What'd I miss? And what files do I delete from where to go clean slate and reinstall all over again if I must?
I probably need to check that the dat reading DLL works fine with 10.4.31 and send it to neags so he can recompile his code.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #57
Tony M
Global Moderator

I've sent the updated dll to neags.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:10 PM   #58
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, Tony.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #59
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Any update on this guys? Still not working with 10.31
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #60
Neags23
All Star Starter

Sorry for the delay, everyone. I haven't had time to deal with this.

I'll probably try to get a new download up today or tomorrow, but I really don't have time to test it. I'll just cross my fingers that it works with Tony's updated dll.