Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 12-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #61
Another Mike D
All Star Reserve

I did also want to re-iterate my request for 2 things if there's an update.

To have the number of players in the list for each team, like:
Orioles (6)
Mets (0)

something like that.

And a post-season awards voting one as well.

This is so great.

Co-commissioner of United Baseball League
Another Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #62
Getch
All Star Reserve

Wow, I missed a lot:

Mike V: I'll look into it. Some of those are doable, but things like VORP might be a little to hard.

DWK: I would be surprised if they are not compatible. What doesn't update? Do you use a Mac? Can you zip up the .csv files and put them in a place that I can access them?

Mike D Part Deux: What list of players-per-team are you talking about? Allstar voting? And postseason awards are the next thing on my agenda.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:58 PM   #63
Another Mike D
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
Wow, I missed a lot:

Mike D Part Deux: What list of players-per-team are you talking about? Allstar voting? And postseason awards are the next thing on my agenda.
Sorry, I meant for the draft utility. Like to see if people have guys loaded in their lists.

Co-commissioner of United Baseball League
Another Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:16 PM   #64
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

I'm having trouble getting the draft pool to show up for our first ammy draft. We used the online utilities to conduct our inaugural draft and it worked great. Now we've simmed a few months further and the draft pool has just been revealed for the ammy draft. I've updated the CSVs and regenerated from an updated order.txt file, but this time no players are showing up on the draft page.

I have "players shown" set to 200, so I don't think that's the problem. We've simmed up to the exact day that the pool was revealed; maybe we have to move a day further before it shows up in the online utilities?

I should add that we've just updated to OOTP 8, if that makes any difference.

Last edited by Corsairs; 12-16-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:00 AM   #65
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairs View Post
I'm having trouble getting the draft pool to show up for our first ammy draft. We used the online utilities to conduct our inaugural draft and it worked great. Now we've simmed a few months further and the draft pool has just been revealed for the ammy draft. I've updated the CSVs and regenerated from an updated order.txt file, but this time no players are showing up on the draft page.

I have "players shown" set to 200, so I don't think that's the problem. We've simmed up to the exact day that the pool was revealed; maybe we have to move a day further before it shows up in the online utilities?

I should add that we've just updated to OOTP 8, if that makes any difference.
Please zip up the .csv files and put them in a location I can access them. One other person mentioned issues with OOTP 8, but another 8 user said they are fine.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #66
Getch
All Star Reserve

Just FYI, Corsair's issue was due to the fact that he had spaces in the league abbreviations for his feeder leagues. I gave him a quick fix and it was fine. It was not an OOTP 8 issue
Old 12-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #67
sporr
Global Moderator

First off, excellent utilities.

Now, I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem. Everything seems to work just fine, however I noticed that some development wasn't being reported in the utility even though it was on the OOTP development page. Checking out the text files in the development folder, I noticed that there are only text files for players 1135 to 5238. So any player ID higher than that isn't being reported. When I check prevRatings.txt, all of the player IDs are shown. What could be causing these higher number IDs not to show up?

Also, my admin page for the development utility doesn't seem to update the date/time of the last development update. It still shows the date/time that the utility was first installed, even though there is development being reported every sim. Any ideas on that?
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #68
Getch
All Star Reserve

That sounds like a similar problem someone had. Basically, the web server you are on has a limit on the CPU one process can eat up. Running the development report hits that CPU limit, and the server kills it. It gets to about 5200, and it gets killed. The date of the develoment report is updated last, so that is why it is not updated.

I should be releasing a quick update to my utilities soon, and I will split the development report update into two actions, which should hopefully not hit the CPU limit on these web servers. Can't tell you win as for the next week or two I am swamped with holiday "fun".
Old 12-23-2007, 12:41 PM   #69
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
That sounds like a similar problem someone had. Basically, the web server you are on has a limit on the CPU one process can eat up. Running the development report hits that CPU limit, and the server kills it. It gets to about 5200, and it gets killed. The date of the develoment report is updated last, so that is why it is not updated.

I should be releasing a quick update to my utilities soon, and I will split the development report update into two actions, which should hopefully not hit the CPU limit on these web servers. Can't tell you win as for the next week or two I am swamped with holiday "fun".
Well, that makes total sense. I'll look forward to the update. Thanks again!
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #70
cnield
Major Leagues

My MLB league is experiencing the same problems with the server timing out during the running of the development reports. Can't wait for the update that fixes this issue.

Thank you so much for these utilities, Getch! They work great.
cnield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #71
Zubes
Major Leagues

same here with the timing out issue.

Beyond the Ivy - Commish, Twins GM
Stars and Stripes Baseball League - Cubs GM
Bricks and Ivy - Orioles GM

Sim Coalition - co-founder

Zubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:33 PM   #72
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

<XMP>Getch,</XMP><XMP>I know I'm in way over my head.* Technically didn't understand the install instructions*but followed it the best I could.</XMP><XMP>I set a link to the ootpou.pl file from one of the web pages.* </XMP><XMP>It failed.* The messages below are from the error messages MAIN-error logs under my c-Panel</XMP><XMP>[Sun Jan 13 15:16:27 2008] [error] [client 24.209.200.203] suexec failure: could not open log file, referer: http://hnbaleague.com/downloads.html[Sun Jan 13 15:16:27 2008] [error] [client 24.209.200.203] fopen: Permission denied, referer: http://hnbaleague.com/downloads.html[Sun Jan 13 15:16:27 2008] [error] [client 24.209.200.203] Premature end of script headers: ootpou.pl, referer: http://hnbaleague.com/downloads.html[Sun Jan 13 15:16:27 2008] [error] [client 24.209.200.203] File does not exist: /home/hnbaleag/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://hnbaleague.com/downloads.html[Sun Jan 13 15:17:04 2008] [error] [client 213.149.236.12] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/php/extensions/php_gd2.dll' - c:/php/extensions/php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0</XMP><XMP>The ootpou.pl file shows with permissions of 755</XMP><XMP>I had modified line one which now reads </XMP>#!/home/hnbaleag/perl -w<XMP>I'm sure I've missed something simple.</XMP><XMP>Thanks</XMP>
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #73
Getch
All Star Reserve

Are you sure:

#!/home/hnbaleag/perl -w

is the right Perl location? It almost always is /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin. Try those first.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #74
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Thanks for the response. I'll give it a try. I have a bin folder at the /home/hnbaleag/bin I don't see anything in it.

The site said to use perl modules it should be there.

see below

Location of Your Perl Module(s)

Path: <CODE class=module-path>/home/hnbaleag/perl</CODE>

Using Your Perl Module(s)

You will need to add <CODE class=module-path>/home/hnbaleag/perl</CODE> to the include path.
You can do this by adding the following code to your script: <CODE>
BEGIN { my $homedir = (getpwuid($>))[7]; my $n_inc = scalar @INC; for (my $i = 0; $i < $n_inc; $i++ ) { if (-d $homedir . '/perl' . $INC[$i]) { unshift(@INC,$homedir . '/perl' . $INC[$i]); $n_inc++; $i++; } }}</PRE></CODE>
Old 01-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #75
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I don't understand but /usr/bin/perl worked.

Thanks

Ignorance is Bliss!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #76
MustangLM
Minors (Triple A)

Getch - just had our first ammy draft since restarting as a fictional league and used your utilities. One issue I ran into was the draft utility picked up a lot of college and high school players from the feeder leagues that did not show up in the draft pool created by the game. My guess is I've got a setting wrong somewhere causing the pools not to match since no one else has posted as having this issue from what I can see. Any ideas ?

Thanks again for all the work on these utils. They add so much to the game and online league play.
Suicide Squeeze Baseball League
Email: commish@suicide-squeeze.net
MustangLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #77
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLM View Post
Getch - just had our first ammy draft since restarting as a fictional league and used your utilities. One issue I ran into was the draft utility picked up a lot of college and high school players from the feeder leagues that did not show up in the draft pool created by the game. My guess is I've got a setting wrong somewhere causing the pools not to match since no one else has posted as having this issue from what I can see. Any ideas ?

Thanks again for all the work on these utils. They add so much to the game and online league play.
Three things come to mind:

1. The setting for your age limit of the leagues is wrong. Make sure you put the right age limit in for each league

2. I believe that the in-game draft list shows players who are above the age limit at the current date, but my util shows players above the age limit at the time of the draft. I think, and I could be wrong, is that as the date moves closer to the draft, people who just hit the age limit start showing up in the draft in-game. So that at the time of the draft, my utilities list matches the in-game draft list.

3. There's something wrong with my utils, or a setting in the game I haven't dealt with yet.

Let me know.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #78
Stu
All Star Starter

Just a little tidbit for those that have been struggling with the time being off in their utilities. I'm in ET but my web server is in MT so everything was always off by 2 hours (including the draft utility).

I added this line of code to the beginning of ootpou.pl and everything works perfectly now. This will get everything in the script to run off the the timezone you specify rather than the timezone the server is located in.

Code:
<code class="mo">$ENV{'TZ'} = 'EDT5EST';</code>
Examples for other timezones:

Code:
<code class="mo">$ENV{'TZ'} = 'GMT0GMT'; 
$ENV{'TZ'} = 'EDT5EST'; 
$ENV{'TZ'} = 'CDT6CST'; 
$ENV{'TZ'} = 'MDT7MST'; 
$ENV{'TZ'} = 'PDT8PST'; </code>
<code class="mo"> </code>
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #79
Getch
All Star Reserve

Stu,

That's weird... I tried that exact thing a while back and it didn't work. I'll give it another shot and maybe make it an admin option. Thanks for the tidbit.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #80
MustangLM
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Three things come to mind:

1. The setting for your age limit of the leagues is wrong. Make sure you put the right age limit in for each league

2. I believe that the in-game draft list shows players who are above the age limit at the current date, but my util shows players above the age limit at the time of the draft. I think, and I could be wrong, is that as the date moves closer to the draft, people who just hit the age limit start showing up in the draft in-game. So that at the time of the draft, my utilities list matches the in-game draft list.

3. There's something wrong with my utils, or a setting in the game I haven't dealt with yet.

Let me know.
Getch - Found the problem and it was self-inflicted on my end. I had set ages for the feeder leagues within the utility that caused extra players show up as draft eligible by the draft util and not in the game. I blanked out those fields in the utility and the list cleared up to match what was in the game.

Thanks for the response and suggestions.

Lonnie
Suicide Squeeze Baseball League
Email: commish@suicide-squeeze.net
MustangLM is offline   Reply With Quote