Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 10-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
DaveHorn
All Star Starter

Mashing player links to just get to player card

I dived into iOOTP this weekend with the sale. I love it and it well worth the money, even if I didn't wait for a sale it would of been well worth it.

But one thing that drove me up the wall, was that tapping links to player cards, especially links in the new logs, almost never get recognized immediately. I have to mash on the link and finally the tap gets recognized and the player card will pop up. Its also pretty bad on the play by play screen when playing out a game.

This was using the iPad New. I haven't tried my iPad 2 or iPhone yet. I bet it will work better/fine on one of those.

This didn't seem like working as intended, so thought I'd see if this is considered a bug and if it has been ever reported.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHorn View Post
I dived into iOOTP this weekend with the sale. I love it and it well worth the money, even if I didn't wait for a sale it would of been well worth it.

But one thing that drove me up the wall, was that tapping links to player cards, especially links in the new logs, almost never get recognized immediately. I have to mash on the link and finally the tap gets recognized and the player card will pop up. Its also pretty bad on the play by play screen when playing out a game.

This was using the iPad New. I haven't tried my iPad 2 or iPhone yet. I bet it will work better/fine on one of those.

This didn't seem like working as intended, so thought I'd see if this is considered a bug and if it has been ever reported.
I have been playing the game on the new iPad and have not experieced any of these problems. Could it be an available memory issue or too many apps opened?
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHorn View Post

I have run across this on my iPhone 4S. Power-cycling it solves the problem so it's likely related to memory consumption.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
DaveHorn
All Star Starter

Weird. I've never heard of flaky tapping detection being related to memory. But I'll definitely give this a try. Thanks for the input!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
phillupi
All Star Reserve

I have experienced this a couple of times and it might be just me but it only seems to happen when I turn my device one way and not the other. Flip it around 180 degrees and check the buttons. Like I said I might be imagining it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #6
asado
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have experienced this with iPad 2 several times particularly in my email At times tapping a link does nothing I suspect it is related to memory or multiple apps running. Often you have to close the apps
asado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
DaveHorn
All Star Starter

I generally never experienced this on anything except this game. phillupi's advice was perfect however. Simply flipping over the iPad and the links were working fine with a simple soft touch.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 AM   #8
splatjack89
Bat Boy

Flipping the orientation adjusts the "calibration" of the game's buttons. You have to hit above the button you want to push instead of directly hitting it.
splatjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote