Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:26 PM   #1
littlejim13
Minors (Double A)

Editing Starting Lineups during the War Years!

I am not sure If this is the appropriate place to post this but here we go. I am trying to play the 1942 season for a starter with some changes to the rosters. I want to add Bob Feller, Sam Chapman, Cecil Travis, Buddy Lewis and about a dozen other players to the lineups, rotations etc. I opened the Historical transactions and deleted their military service, and then opened Historical Lineups and added them manually with their player tags into the appropriate position and lineup start. I saved it loaded a new season, added the player to their teams in commissioner mode. I also made sure I had historical transactions and Lineups activated, But when I simulated the first few days nothing happened. I tried to click it again and simulated a few more days and nothing but random lineups. Does anyone one know how to do what I want to do? Or what I am doing wrong?

PS I was editing the Lineups and transactions with open office
littlejim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:05 PM   #2
Pirates
Major Leagues

I also made sure I had historical transactions and Lineups activated

If these players were not in the starting line ups in real life, what are you trying to do then?
I'm confused.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:22 AM   #3
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I believe you would need to compile your changes into an ODB file to have anything stick. I doubt you have that capability unless you work for OOTP.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:59 AM   #4
littlejim13
Minors (Double A)

I actually did open up the odb historical roster files, and odb transactions. I am stumped. I deleted the joined military transaction and inserted them in the appropriate starting lineups, then updated and saved the files.
littlejim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:48 PM   #5
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

ODB files have never been updateable in the past so I still suspect that is why they don't work for you after being fiddled with.