Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:00 PM   #21
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

Look, someone who communicates with his costumer base ��
Old 04-04-2019, 03:58 PM   #22
MajorSupreme
Minors (Rookie Ball)

That was really great insight from Gary, definitely appreciated. I do find it kind of funny that we heard from another game's dev more recently than this one's, but I am still hopeful about the on-going development.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:05 PM   #23
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
I came across this post today so I thought since we were mentioned I might as well answer the question regarding release schedules.

Our football development team are part-time guys - they do a fantastic job but they are developing the game after hours. We are nowhere near the size of OOTP Dev - if we were even a tenth as big the football games would be on full time so if and until that point ever comes they're getting the games done as quickly as possible but it means doing the work on one game first and then the other - the same holds true for the basketball games. I can't develop them at the same time so work gets done on the pro game first and that gets released at the start of the NBA season and then work on the college game gets done and it gets released in February right before we get into March Madness.

The football releases weren't when we had hoped and our goal is to be more timely with them this year but as always we're just going to do the best we can. It was better to release them with the updates and new features we wanted to include and release them after we would have preferred as opposed to just releasing something to release it whether it was the game we wanted it to be or not just to hit a particular date.

I think the fact that between myself and two guys on the football team we put out 5 releases for our 2019 schedule is an amazing feat and they're all solid games - the football games aren't to the depth level of the basketball games yet because they're only a few years old. Compare OOTP 20 to OOTP 4 - nobody starts off being SI Games or OOTP or anything like that

We are focused on our customers and trying to deliver them new experiences year after year so that they know they can depend on us. Maybe people skip a year between releases because they want two years of new stuff before they buy - that's ok - they at least know that there's going to be a new release every year and hopefully people will continue to support us so that we can grow the studio like Markus has done here and eventually have teams of full time people working on the games so they could all come out at the perfect point in the year like OOTP does. We need people to stick by us like they did here and work with us over the years to make each product better, do more sales and grow the company larger so that we can operate like OOTP does. This is the model for us to follow and we hope some day we get even close to being the company OOTP Dev is.
Thanks, Gary. I appreciate the follow-up here. I'm going to give the college game another try.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:34 PM   #24
Gary Gorski
Developer of Total Pro Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
Thanks, Gary. I appreciate the follow-up here. I'm going to give the college game another try.
That's great news and I will be the first to admit that all of our games can add something to make them better. Even if we get people who try the demo and aren't ready to purchase - if we can get some constructive feedback then at least we know what we have to do to earn that purchase next time so even if the game isn't exactly what you want at least provide the feedback so we know what it is you or anyone else is looking for.

Of course we want everyone to buy our games to keep supporting the company and keep it going and I am super appreciative of anyone who does but even just trying a demo and providing feedback is valuable. Like I said, OOTP has 20 versions in now and a whole lot of polish from being with SI Games. I was playing FOF in while I was in college like 20 years ago and that was partnered with EA at one point. These are tremendous games that have been around a very long time and have earned their accolades but probably wouldn't be around now if it wasn't for people who supported the game when it was just starting out and didn't have every feature they hoped for.

They had so many people who stuck with the franchises because they saw the growth and saw the potential - our games are no different. I don't think you can find a better pro or college basketball sim than we have, our golf sim is unique in that it has a career feature and our pro and college football games are getting better each time out, adding more new stuff and even have some things other football sims don't like the physics based 2D game play.

There's room for all these games in the market and the more you support the developers the more choices you have in the end which is good for everyone. I appreciate you and anyone else who will take the time to take a look (or a second look) at our games and provide us feedback so we know what we have to do to earn your support and make our games better as we go.
Assoc. Developer of Draft Day Sports: Pro Football
Assoc. Developer of Draft Day Sports: College Football
Wolverine Studios
http://www.wolverinestudios.com
http://www.facebook.com/wolverinestudios
http://www.twitter.com/wolverinestudio