Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:07 PM   #61
timmermac
Major Leagues

yes, please. He's a 1B in your league? <raises eyebrow> Fascinating.

Crush the baseball. Drive it before you. And hear the lamentation of the opponent's women.

I am king of the diamond! Let there be a grand clubhouse feast! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!
timmermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:54 PM   #62
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
He is in my league, if you want I give you updates.

Attachment 554282
How's his defense? Sometimes players without RL fielding stats will import as 1B because they have all zeroes for defensive ability. In other words, they become fencepost first basemen.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #63
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
First question: I seem to have about a dozen free agents appearing at the end of every regular season. World Series is just beginning for me in 1915 and when I check the free agent list it has expanded; I caught by checking for one my foibles, nicknames, the 5 or 6 I fixed all had a real debut year of 1916.

Have I got a setting messed up or am I imagining things? Wont be the first time.

And I haven't even got the new database yet I may become a real PITA.
Have you got both boxes checked in the draft section of the Rules page? Check both Enable Amateur Draft and Disable automatic creation of free agents and fictional draft class. If it's not that, we'll have to keep trying.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:03 PM   #64
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Have you got both boxes checked in the draft section of the Rules page? Check both Enable Amateur Draft and Disable automatic creation of free agents and fictional draft class. If it's not that, we'll have to keep trying.
Not that, both boxes are ✅ed. Only have a Major League draft the AAA only get to build with castoffs.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:58 AM   #65
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Think I found my homerun problems in my three AAA leagues. When bringing in 1976 into the LTMs the day before Opening Day in all 4 leagues the homerun factor under the modifier column for homeruns was .458 for MLB, .486 for my Eastern League, 3.378 for Western League, 4.281 for my Central League. Typed in new numbers for the two high ones. Not sure if this will fix my problem. Does anyone have a solution that I can apply?
Old 05-06-2018, 12:11 PM   #66
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Think I found my homerun problems in my three AAA leagues. When bringing in 1976 into the LTMs the day before Opening Day in all 4 leagues the homerun factor under the modifier column for homeruns was .458 for MLB, .486 for my Eastern League, 3.378 for Western League, 4.281 for my Central League. Typed in new numbers for the two high ones. Not sure if this will fix my problem. Does anyone have a solution that I can apply?
Whoa! The Western League and the Central League. Wowzers!

Old 05-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #67
Edster007
All Star Starter

With the talk about Andy Hazlett I tried searching for the one guy from my HS who was first round pick, #5 overall by the Brewers in 1975, Rick O'keeffe. He was before my time but everyone knew he was lights out in HS. He was a left handed pitcher and as the story goes the Brewers blew out his arm and traded him to the Reds. Just spent 20 mins searching the database and he I can't find him. If someone runs across him give me a shout-I may add him and edit him to have an average career in my RDL
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:57 PM   #68
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I think I will just edit the numbers every year. Will this cause any other problems I should look for in my league? Would these big jumps have anything to with the leagues being AAA?

I learn something new at least once a day, some good, some not so much....
Old 05-06-2018, 01:56 PM   #69
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
With the talk about Andy Hazlett I tried searching for the one guy from my HS who was first round pick, #5 overall by the Brewers in 1975, Rick O'keeffe. He was before my time but everyone knew he was lights out in HS. He was a left handed pitcher and as the story goes the Brewers blew out his arm and traded him to the Reds. Just spent 20 mins searching the database and he I can't find him. If someone runs across him give me a shout-I may add him and edit him to have an average career in my RDL
Found him in Baseball Reference:
Rick O'Keeffe
Position: Pitcher

Bats: Left • Throws: Left

6-6, 225lb (198cm, 102kg)

Born: July 26, 1957 (Age: 60-284d) in Bronx, NY us

Draft: Drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 1st round (5th) of the 1975 MLB June Amateur Draft from Yorktown Heights HS (Yorktown Heights, NY).

High School: Yorktown Heights HS (Yorktown Heights, NY)

Full Name: Richard J. O'Keeffe

But I don't see an id reference.

Is this the guy?

Last edited by JaBurns; 05-06-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:04 PM   #70
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Rick O'Keeffe

Draft: Drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 1st round (5th) of the 1975 MLB June Amateur Draft from Yorktown Heights HS (Yorktown Heights, NY).

Is this the guy?

That’s the guy. I tried searching the database over different years of his minor league career with and without the apostrophe. Couldn’t find him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #71
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I think you may have to make him up as fictional player. Andy Hazlett got cut in ST and now a free agent.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #72
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think I will just edit the numbers every year. Will this cause any other problems I should look for in my league? Would these big jumps have anything to with the leagues being AAA?

I learn something new at least once a day, some good, some not so much....
Try a modifier in the neighbourhood of the other two, like .472 (the midpoint) and see what happens. It's just a test league. You have nothing to lose. Just thinking out loud...You know...Spitballing.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #73
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Looks like I may have to edit all the modifiers none of them are the same for any league. Would it hurt to check the either the box "Automatically adjust league total modifiers for accuracy" or "Automatically control in-game engine (only recommended for minors/feeders)? Or set up my AAA leagues with LTMs with a set of number and not update the day before Opening Day.

Spit balling.....
Old 05-06-2018, 03:35 PM   #74
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Rick O'Keeffe

Is this the guy?
ID is okeeff001ric

(Refer to the ip address box above his page, and you'll see it)
Old 05-06-2018, 03:39 PM   #75
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Looks like I may have to edit all the modifiers none of them are the same for any league. Would it hurt to check the either the box "Automatically adjust league total modifiers for accuracy" or "Automatically control in-game engine (only recommended for minors/feeders)? Or set up my AAA leagues with LTMs with a set of number and not update the day before Opening Day.

Spit balling.....
That will make it difficult to keep things 1976ish with your stats output. Minor leagues might be the culprit here. I'm not sure they mix well with random debut and controlling stats output. I'm not sure where to go from here.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:25 AM   #76
sprague
All Star Starter

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has played the RD in sections.
IE start first with say players from 1993-2017, then when there are no more real players generated go to 1966-1992 for example. Just get players from an era until there are no more, then switch eras.

If so, were there any problems when making the switch.
Thinking about trying it this way, to sort of have an historical feel to it, but still be totally random in the players coming in.
Thanks
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:23 PM   #77
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
IE start first with say players from 1993-2017, then when there are no more real players generated go to 1966-1992 for example. Just get players from an era until there are no more, then switch eras.

Thinking about trying it this way, to sort of have an historical feel to it, but still be totally random in the players coming in.
Thanks
Good question. I have no answer for this as I've never tried it. Would certainly be interested to know the answer, but I'm not sure I would ever do it myself in my games. I would think there might be a problem if you ran a draft during the year when the supply of players ran out, and you got only a partial list of players for that draft, and weren't able to get in more of the next cycle of years you wanted to use, but that's all I can think of. Sorry to not be of more help than that.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #78
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post

Thanks
This a very interesting idea but I enough trouble trying to get the kinks out of my league. If there was a way to tell how many players are left in the pool and then tailor the number of rounds in final draft to use all the players would probably work, that is way above my pay grade. Then change the draft class bracket of years. I shudder to think of what would happen if you run out of players for a draft class. I also am paranoid about getting fictional players in my HRD.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #79
Edster007
All Star Starter

Just ended a season which saw my owner die- truth is I may have had a hand in it he set a goal of trying not to suck so I edited his age to 102 and he passed away a few days later.

More odd is that at the end of the season Andre Thornton retired at age 23 before making the big leagues-he was quoted as saying he doesn't have the passion does this happen often with players who had a legit MLB career?
Old 05-07-2018, 05:21 PM   #80
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Just ended a season which saw my owner die- truth is I may have had a hand in it he set a goal of trying not to suck so I edited his age to 102 and he passed away a few days later.

More odd is that at the end of the season Andre Thornton retired at age 23 before making the big leagues-he was quoted as saying he doesn't have the passion does this happen often with players who had a legit MLB career?
I'm guessing you have storylines enabled. At least that sounds like a storyline.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote