Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 09-27-2017, 09:49 PM   #141
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 11th, 1985

Today the Braves are sending up Pasquel Perez (8-10, 5.41).
The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (7-7, 5.08).

I am 0 for 4 vs Perez.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by grounding out back to the pitcher.

In the 2nd I was the pivot on a Castino - Priske - Mazzilli double play, erasing Brad Komminsk and Ben Oglivie. In the 3rd I got the 3rd out off an Andres Galarraga grounder.

I came up in the bottom of the 3rd with one out and flew out to Gerald Perry in centre.

In the 5th I came up with two out and Mulholland on 1st. I grounded out to Komminsk at 3rd.

In the 6th I took a Dusty Baker grounder for the 1st out. Atlanta opened the scoring right after that as Reggie Jackson hit a solo blast. Komminsk then grounded out to me for out #2.

Braves lead 1-0.

Davey Concepcion led off the 7th by grounding out to me. Dusty knocked Perry across that inning and Nestor lifted Terry for Mark Davis.

Braves lead 2-0.

In the bottom half we finally got on the board as Bob Brenly hit a solo homer.

Braves lead 2-1.

Scott Garrelts took eh mound for us in the 8th. He induced a grounder to me from Komminsk for the 1st out and from Paul Zuvella for the 3rd.

I led off the bottom half, now facing Ken Dayley, but giving him a little comeback for the 1st out.

In the top of the 9th Perry hit a two out homer to give the Braves an insurance run. Galarraga grounded out to me to end it.

Braves lead 3-1.

3 up, 3 down in the bottom half and we are done.

61-50

I went 0 for 4.

I heard after the game that Jeff Leonard signed to play for Utica - an independent league team.

We have an off day and then the Astros are in town.

````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited by rpriske; 10-13-2017 at 09:03 AM.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:30 PM   #142
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 13th, 1985

The Astros are in tow and they are pitching Mike Scott (7-12, 3.99).
The Giants are answering with Atlee Hammaker (10-10, 3.05).

Here is an example where stats don't tell the story. Scott is quite a good pitcher, by all accounts.

I am 1 for 3 against him.

I got into the game right away as Houston's lead off man, Bill Doran, grounded out to me. I also got the third out off a Keith Hernandez pop up.

I led off the home half by working a four pitch walk (including a couple of borderline pitches). I am not one to let an opportunity like that pass me by so I picked up stolen base #84 right away. Mike John struck out and I went to 3rd with stolen base #85. I didn't get any further.

In the 2nd I handled the 3rd out again, this time with a man in scoring position, as Ron Hassey served up a grounder.

Houston turned up the heat in the 3rd as Jerry Mumphrey pushed Chuck Jackson across with a single and then Hernandez did the same for Doran. Doug DeCinces continued it, pushing Mumphrey across. I ended the threat off a Dickie Thon grounder.

Astros lead 3-0.

I came up in the bottom half with two out and lined out to DeCinces at 3rd.

I made a highlight reel play in the 4th off a Scott grounder, managing to snag the tough hop, look Hassey back to 3rd, and throw out Scott. Unfortunately it was short-lived as Doran singled Hassey home.

Astros lead 4-0.

In the 5th I started a Priske - Castino - O'Malley double play to get Hernandez and DeCinces.

We got on the board int he bottom half when John Castino knocked Bob Brenly in.

Astros lead 4-1.

I led off the bottom of the 6th by striking out.

I came up next in the 8th with two out and grounded out to Then at short.

Ron Davis took over for us on the mound in the 9th. We got a nice Castino - Priske - O'Malley double play to back him up.

We couldn't score and lost the game 4-1.

61-51

I went 0 for 3 with a walk and a pair of stolen bases.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #143
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 14th, 1985

Today the Astros are pitching Bob Knepper (7-12, 3.74).

The Giants are answering with Jeff Robinson (8-8, 4.36).

I am 1 for 6 vs Knepper, but Jeff has gone 2-0 vs Houston and Knepper is 0-2 against us.

Jeff got into a bit of trouble int he 1st, loading the bases and giving up a 2 run single to Doug DeCinces. Then Ron Hassey doubled, scoring another. DeCinces crossed on a wild pitch.

Astros lead 4-0.

I led off the home half by striking out.

In the 3rd DeCinces reached on an error by Chili Davis and later scored on a Dickie Thon single. We ended the inning with a Priske - Castino - Hargrove double play, getting Then and Chuck Jackson.

Astros lead 5-0.

I came up that inning with two out and Mike Hargrove on 1st. I was robbed of a hit by Jackson's diving catch.

Curt Brown took over pitching with two out in the 4th. In the 5th he gave up consecutive RBI singles to Bob Knepper, Bill Doran, Jerry Mumphrey, and Keith Hernandez. Then Jose Cruz singled, without scoring a run before getting DeCinces to ground out to end the inning.

Astros lead 9-0.

Brown gave up another big hit to Knepper in the 6th - an RBI double.

Astros lead 10-0.

In the bottom of the 6th I came up with two out and flied out to Jackson in centre.

Frank Williams was our next pitcher.

In the 8th I came up with one out and Mike Jones on 2nd and Lee Mazzilli on 1st. I singled into centre, scoring Jones.

Astros lead 10-1.

Pat Perry took the mound for us in the 9th. We got him a Rabb - Priske - Hargrove double play to end the frame.

We did not score again.

61-52

I went 1 for 4 with an RBI.

We really need to pick up our game. The Dodgers are running away with the division.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:38 AM   #144
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 15th, 1985

John Castino had to hit the trainer's table after the game yesterday. I hope he isn't really hurt.

Today the Astros are pitching Ray Burris (10-6, 3.68).
The Giants are going with Mike Krukow (10-10, 4.14).

I am 2 for 10 against Burris.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by striking out. Chili Davis opened the scoring with a solo homer.

Giants lead 1-0.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and Lee Mazzilli on 2nd and Krukow on 1st. Burris walked me to load the bases. We didn't cash in on it.

Houston tied the game in the 5th when Chuck Jackson reached on an error to Kenny Oberkfell and was then cashed in by a Bill Doran double.

Game tied 1-1.

I came up that inning with nobody out and Krukow on 2nd. Burris struck me out again. At least that is what the ump said.

In the 7th Krukow reached the end of his line after giving up a two out walk to Burris. Mark Davis took over in a double switch that put Tom O'Malley at 1st for Lee Mazzilli.

I came up in the home half with none out and O'Malley on 1st. I singled into left for my 100th hit of my career. I was erased when Kenny O hit into a double play.

Things went our way in the 8th. With Jeff Calhoun now pitching, Rob Deer took leadoff walk. Bob Brenly then singled. Sixto Lezcano pinch hit and struck out. John Rabb singles, loading the bases. Deer scored on a Mike Jones sac fly. Chris Brown hit for O'Malley and singled, scoring Brenly. I walked before Kenny O flied out.

Giants lead 3-1.

Mike Hargrove took over at 1st and Ron Davis took the mound in the top of the 9th, trying to close things out.

That is when things turned back around. Doug DeCinces singled and Joey Cora entered as a pinch runner. Ron Hassey singled. Terry Puhk moved them up with a sac bunt and Glenn Davis hit a pinch hit, three-run homer.

Scott Garrelts took over on the mound. He got out of it but now it was us who needed to score.

Astros lead 4-3.

We didn't.

61-53

I went 1 for 3 with 2 walks. Good on-base but I never managed to score.

Still no word about Castino. Now the Dodgers are coming to town. We have lost 5 in a row and dropped to 3rd place behind the Reds. This series may be where we find out if we can hang with the top teams or not.

Last edited by rpriske; 10-13-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:16 PM   #145
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 16th, 1985

The Dodgers are in town and today they are led by Alejandro Pena (2-1, 3.40).
The Giants are answering with Terry Mulholland (7-8, 4.95).

I am a big 0 for 1 vs Pena.

John Rabb is filling in for John Castino.

Pena is batting 8th for the Dodgers, ahead of Sid Bream. Interesting.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by flying out to Jim Dwyer in right.

In the 3rd I came up with one out and Mike Jones on 1st. I knocked one down the line into the left field corner for a double. Mike was held at 3rd. Kenny Oberkfell lined out but then Chili Davis smacked a triple, scoring both of us.

Giants lead 2-0!

In the 4th the Dodgers got back as Mike Scoscia cashed in Pedro Guerrero with a sac fly.
We had a fun play at 2nd with two out as Steve Sax tried to steal. I made the tag but then dropped the ball. Sax thought he was out and stepped off the base and I picked it up and re-tagged him, getting the final out.

Giants lead 2-1.

I lead off the bottom of the 5th by fouling out to Bream.

Things turned in the 6th as RJ Reynolds hit a lead-off triple and Guerrero doubled after him to tie the game. I made my first defensive play off a Sax grounder to get the first out but Pedro moved to 3rd. Terry pitched out of it.

Game tied 2-2.

I came up in the 7th with two out and the bases empty. Pena struck me out.

Scott Garrelts took over on the mound for us in the 8th. The Dodgers worked the bases full with one out but Garrelts struck out the next two to maintain the tie.

Ron Davis took the mound in the 9th in a double switch that brought Brian Harper in to play 3rd for Kenny Oberkfell. Ron got the first two batters but then Bream hit a solo homer to right. We couldn't get in back and the Dodgers won, 3-2.

61-54

That is six losses in a row.

1 for 4 with a double and a run scored for me.

Last edited by rpriske; 11-05-2017 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:34 PM   #146
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 17th, 1985

Today the Dodgers are going with Orel Hershiser (13-4, 3.06).
We are answering with rookie Randy Morse (1-0, 2.40).

I have gone 1 for 6 vs Hershiser.

I got into the action early, handling an RJ Reynolds grounder for the 1st out.
The Dodgers got not he board in the 1st when Steve Sax hit an RBI grounder. I finished the inning by taking a Darrell Evans grounder.

Dodgers lead 1-0.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by striking out.

I made the 1st out in the 3rd, taking a Dave Anderson grounder.

I led off the bottom of the 3rd by working a walk. Stolen base #86 AND #87 quickly followed. Kenny Oberkell grounded out and I scored, tying the game.

Game tied 1-1.

I handled the 1st out in the 4th, taking a Pedro Guerrero grounder. I did it again in the 5th, taking a Mike Scioscia grounder. I also snagged a Hershiser liner for the 3rd out.

I came up in the 5th with two out. I struck out.

In the 6th I was involved in a collision at 2nd when Dave Anderson tried to take me out. No harm, no foul. I took a Guerrero pop up for the last out that frame.

I got the 1st out in the 7th, handling a Sax grounder. Busy game for me!

The Dodgers got the lead back in the 8th when Anderson singled home Jim Dwyer. Then Mariano Duncan hit a two run homer.

Dodgers lead 4-1

I came up that inning with one out and lined out to Anderson at 3rd. Back-to-back singles by Kenny O and Child Davis, followed by an error by Sax led to a run for us.

Dodgers lead 4-2

Mark Davis took over pitching for us. I got a Sax grounder for the 1st out.

The game changes in the 9th when Sixto Lezcano hit a two-out, punch hit homer off Tom Niedenfuer to tie the game! I came up right after and grounded out to Duncan at short.

Game tied 4-4 going into extras.

Ron Davis took the mound for us in the 10th. I got the 2nd out for him off pinch-hitter Sid Bream's grounder. I took Duncan's pop up for the 3rd out.

Scott Garrelts took the mound for us in the 12th.

I led off the home half, now facing Ken Howell, by singling through the right side. Kenny O hit into a double play.

Frank Williams took over pitching duties for us in the 14th. In the bottom half Mike Jones reached with a one out double and scored when he tried to steal 3rd and Jeffrey Brown threw it away.

We'll take it! Breaking the losing streak with a 5-4 win in 14 innings!

62-54

I went 1 for 5 with a walk, a run scored, and 2 RBI. Plus a whole lot of action of defense!

We got the bad news about John Castino after the game. His bang on the head led to a concussion and he is expected to miss up to five weeks recovering from it.

Fran Mullins is called up from Phoenix to take his place.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:01 PM   #147
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 18th, 1985

Fernando-mania is back in SanFran. The Dodgers are pitching Fernando Valenzuela (14-6, 2.22),
The Giants are going with Atlee Hammaker (10-11, 3.12)

I have gone 1 for 10 vs Fernando.

We got behind right away as Mariano Duncan tripled and was knocked home by Steve Sax. Darrell Evans got a one out RBI single. Dave Anderson got an RBI double. Jim Dwyer got an RBI single. Fernando himself got an RBI single. They sent 10 men to the plate before we even got up.

Dodgers lead 5-0.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Sax at 2nd.

In the 2nd I let a Mike Scoiscia single past me that I really should have had. Thankfully Hammaker picked me up.

Duncan hit an RBI single in the 3rd.

Dodgers lead 6-0.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Evans at 1st.

In the 4th I started a Priske - Oberkfell - Mazzilli double play to end the inning.

We finally got on the board that inning when Bob Brenly knocked Rob Deer home.

Dodgers lead 6-1.

I led off the 5th by striking out. Valenzuela owns me.

Curt Brown took over for Atlee to start the 7th. I got the 2nd out for him off a Scioscia grounder.

I came up in the home half with one out and grounded out to Fernando... but he was off target with the throw and I was safe on the error. Stolen base #88 before Chris Brown walked behind me. Chili popped out but Deer blasted a three-run homer!

Dodgers lead 6-4. We are not giving up!

Mark Davis took the mound for us in the 8th. He retired them in order. Unfortunately Carlos Diaz did the same for L.A.
Mark repeated it for the 9th.
I came up with one out. Diaz struck me out.

We weren't able to pull it out.

62-55

I went 0 for 5 with a stolen base.

Bad day.

Travel day tomorrow.

We are off to New York.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:38 PM   #148
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 20th, 1985

We are in New York to face the Mets.

They have Dwight Gooden (11-4, 2.30) on the mound.

We are going with Jeff Robinson (8-9, 4.51).

Obviously Doc is a beast, but I have gone 2 for 4 against him.

Let's find out as I lead off the game...

Uh, Gooden struck me out.

I came up next in the 3rd, with two out and the bases empty. I grounded out to Wally Backman at 2nd

I made my first defensive play that inning, getting a lucky bounce off a Gooden grounder for the 2nd out. Shortly after that back to back doubles by Lenny Dykstra and Backman put the Mets on the board. Hubie Brooks grounded out to me to end it.

Mets lead 1-0.

In the 6th I came up with two out and nobody on again. We still didn't have a hit. I didn't change that, grounding out to Cesar Cedeno at 1st.

I got the 3rd out in the bottom half off another Hubie grounder.

Chili Davis finally erased the Golden no-hitter in the 7th, but we still remained scoreless.

Despite pitching great, Jeff Robinson ran out of steam with two out in the 7th and gave way to Mark Davis. He couldn't hold the inherited runner as Cedeno knocked Mike Fitzgerald across.

Mets lead 2-0

Things went better in the 8th. Mike Hargrove and Mike Jones singled and Chris Brown pinch hit with one out. He also singled, scoring Hargrove. I was up next and I... struck out.

Mets lead 2-1

Scott Garrelts entered for us after that. He tried to hold it there but to no avail. Dykstra crossed on a Backman single.

Mets lead 3-1.

We need to score 2 run before making 3 outs against the league saves leader, Roger McDowell.
We start it off right, with Chili working a walk. Rob Deer singles, moving Chili into scoring position. Bob Brenly flies out and Chili moves to 3rd. Hargrove doubled and scored both Chili and Deer!

Game tied 3-3!

Ron Davis took over pitching duties, trying to push in ti the 10th. Three batters later, he had done just that.

I was set to lead off the 10th, but Nestor went with Brian Harper. I can't blame him. I have been cold as ice lately.

We ended up scoring in the SIXTEENTH when John Rabb singled and Mike Jones knocked him home with a triple.

Giants lead 4-3.

But in the bottom of the 16th Dave Magadan led off with a double. One out later Dykstra doubled, tying the game back up. Curt Brown intentionally walked Backman but Kevin Mitchell singled home Dykstra and the Mets had won, 5-4.

62-56

Bad result for us. Bad day for me.

Last edited by rpriske; 10-13-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #149
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 21st, 1985

Today the Giants are pitching Mike Krukow (10-10, 3.97).

The hometown Mets are answering with Sid Fernandez (12-5, 2.57).

I am 0 for 3 vs Sid.

I start the game off, trying to change that and I do! I leg out a grounder for an infield single! Chris Brown comes up behind me and does the same thing! Two men on without the ball leaving the infield. Chili Davis comes up and I swipe 3rd. Stolen base #89! Chili singles to left and we are on the board before recording an out! Brown goes to 3rd and home and ground balls.

Giants lead 2-0!

I get the first out against the Mets, handling a grounder by Wally Backman. With one out Hubie Brooks drives Lenny Dykstra home.

Giants lead 2-1.

I come up in the 2nd with two out and Krukow on 2nd. Sid struck me out.

Mike Fitzgerald tied thing sup in the bottom half with a lead-off solo homer. The then get the lead when Fernandez hits a sac fly, scoring Cesar Cedeno. They get another when Brooks does the same, scoring Dave Magadan.

Mets lead 4-2.

In the 3rd I get Fitzgerald's grounder for the 2nd out. Magadan scored Cedeno with a triple and then scored on a Fernandez single. Dykstra grounds out to me to end it.

Mets lead 6-2.

I came up in the 5th with one out. I flew out to Mookie Wilson in centre.

Curt Brown took the mound for us that inning.

In the 6th Chili singled, stole 2nd and moved to 3rd when they messed up the play and then scored on a Rob Deer sac fly.

Mets lead 6-3.

In the 7th I came up with two out and Mike Hargrove on 2nd, and now facing Greg Minton. I cracked a hit to right and scored Hargrove! I then tried to steal on a pitch out... and was in there anyway! Stolen base #90! I was left there.

Mets lead 6-4.

Pat Perry took over pitching duties for us that inning. Before he could get out of the inning Cedeno singled home Brooks.

Mets lead 7-4.

It never got any better and we lost again.

62-57

I had a decent day. 2 for 4 with an RBI, a run scored, and 2 stolen bases.

I would still rather we won.

George Brett got career hit #2000 today. Reggie Jackson got career home run #500 yesterday.

One day I will get the former, but never the latter.

Last edited by rpriske; 10-17-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:27 AM   #150
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 22nd, 1985

I was just looking at some numbers and did you know that we have the best bullpen in the NL? We are also very good at stealing bases and defense. (I will take some credit in both of those categories.) Where we really lag as batting average and on-base. (Unfortunately, I take some credit there too.)

Today we have Terry Mulholland (798, 4.82) facing Ron Dalring (16-3, 2.46).
Advantage Mets.

I am 0 for 7 vs Darling.

Make that 0 for 8 as I popped up to Wally Backman at 2nd to open the game.

In the 2nd Rob Deer smacked a solo homer to open the scoring.

Giants lead 1-0.

I got the 1st out in the home half, snagging a liner off Dave Magadan's bat with a man on 3rd. We could not contain that as Mulholland walked Backman with two out and the bases loaded to tie the game. Hubie Brooks followed with a two run single. I ended the threat, t akin a grounder from Cesar Cedeno.

Mets lead 3-1.

I came up in the 3rd with two out struck out.

I made the 3rd out in the top half and snagged a liner from Darling to get the 3rd out in the bottom half.

I took grounder from Backman for the 2nd out in the 4th. I did the same to Darryl Strawberry for the 1st out in the 5th.

In the bottom the 5th Terry walked in a noter run. This one was kind of embarrassing though as it was Ron Darling who walked with two out.

Mets lead 4-1.

I came up in the 6th with Sixto Lezcano on 1st and nobody out. I flew out to Larry Herndon in left. Before the inning was up, it was Darling's turn to walk in a run as he gave up a base to Deer with them all full.

Mets lead 4-2.

Pat Perry took over pitching for us in the bottom half. Nestor double switch Kenny Oberkfell out for Brian Harper at 3rd.
Nestor lifted me for a pinch hitter in the 7th. I am so cold, how can I blame him.

We took bog advantage of a Mets' error that inning, scored three times to take the lead.

It didn't matter because after that the Mets starting hitting at will.

We lost 10-5.

We have lost 4 in a row and are down to 62-58. We are 1-9 in our last ten.

I went 0 for 3 and by batting average is down to .216

Tomorrow we are in Philadelphia. Can we turn our fortunes around there?

Last edited by rpriske; 10-17-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:56 AM   #151
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 23rd, 1985

In Philadelphia today. The Giants are pitching Atlee Hammaker (10-12, 3.32).
The Phillies are going with Charles Hudson (10-6, 3.68).

I have never faced Hudson.

I changed that in my favour, leggings out an infield hit to open the game! On out later I picked up stolen base #91. I was left there.

In the bottom half Tim Raines belted a two out solo homer.

Phillies lead 1-0.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and the bases jacked. Tom O'Malley was on 3rd. Fran Mullins on 2nd. Mike Jones on 1st.
I singled into right and both Tom and Fran scored!

Giants lead 2-1.

The Phils got it back in the bottom half when Barry Bonnell singed Von Hayes in. Then they ripped it open when Juan Samuel smacked a three-run homer.

Phillies lead 5-2.

In the 4th we ended thing with a nice Mullins - Priske - O'Malley double play to get Bonnell and Steve Jeltz.

I led off the 5th by blasting own to deep centre but Hayes got there to record the out.

We made it close again in the 6th. Fran Mullins cashed in Rob Deer with a sac fly and Lee Mazzilli hit a pinch hit RBI single to score Bob Brenly. I grounded out to end it.

Phillies lead 5-4.

Frank Williams took the mound for us in the bottom half. He gave up a run when Mike Schmidt singled him Raines.

Phillies lead 6-4.

In the 7th Chili Davis smashed a two-run homer and it was a whole new ballgame!

Game tied 6-6!

After a couple of pinch hitters got in to no avail, Scott Garrelts took over pitching and Chris Brown stayed in to play 3rd, moving Kenny Oberkfell to 2nd for Mullins in the 8th.

I was set to lead off the 9th but, you guessed it, I was pinch hit for by Brian Harper. This was a little disappointing because I was having a decent day at the plate. It paid of, though, because not only did Harper single, but Rob Deer hit a two run homer to take the lead!

We won 8-6!

We are 63-58.

I went 2 for 4 with a pair of RBI and a stolen base!

Last edited by rpriske; 10-17-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:51 PM   #152
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 24th, 1985

The new guy is pitching for the Giant today - Randy Morse (1-0,3.13).

The Phillies are going with Charlie Kerfield (1-3, 10.26).

I have never faced Kerfield, but I admit that I am kind of looking forward to it.

I got my first chance right away, as usual. I hit one down the line and outran it to 1st! Stolen base #92 quickly followed. Kenny Oberkfell flew out an don the next batter I stole 3rd. I am 93 for 1-2. Can you picture how many I could steal if I got my on-base up?
Of course the important thing is that Chili Davis singled and I scored.

Giants lead 1-0.

Things didn't go well for Randy as he walked Von Hayes and Cliff Johnson with the bases loaded. Steve Jeltz followed with a sac fly.

Phillies lead 3-1.

I took a grounder from Juan Samuel for the 2nd out in the 2nd.

I led off the 3rd by working a walk. I advanced to 3rd on a single by Kenny O and then scored on a sac fly by Chili. Rob Deer smacked a two run homer an die got the lead back.

Giants lead 4-3.

But once again, the Phils got it back right away when Tim Raines hit a lead-off solo homer.

Game tied 4-4.

In the 4th the ball flew again when Samuel hit a two-run shot, giving the lead back to Philly.

Phillies lead 6-4.

I led off the 5th by walking again and again going to 3rd on a Kenny O single. And then AGAIN, I scored on a sac fly by Chili.

Phillies lead 6-5.

In the bottom half Rick Schu pinch hit for Kerfield and hit a 3 run double. That was it for Morse as Nestor went with Curt Brown. He gave up another homer to Samuel right away. Darren Daulton grounded out to me to end it but the damage was done.

Phillies lead 11-5.

Pat Perry took over in the 6th.

I led off the 7th, now facing Joe Niekro. I grounded out to Johnson at 1st.

Daulton grounded out to me for the 2nd out in the 8th.

In the 9th I came up with none out and Mike Jones on 2nd and Chris Brown on 1st. Clint Jenkins was pitching. I line out to Samuel at 2nd.

We lost 11-5.

I went 1 for 3 with 2 walks, 2 runs scored, and 2 stolen bases.

Okay day for me but rough day for Randy Morse.

We are 63-59.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:03 PM   #153
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 25th, 1985

Back it after a tough day yesterday.
We are pitching Jeff Robinson (8-9, 4.42).
The Phillies are pitching John Denny (8-10, 4.54).

I am 1 for 4 vs Denny.

Make that 1 for 5 as I grounded out to Rick Schu at 1st to open the game.

In the bottom half I made a highlight reel catch on a liner by Tim Raines!

The first hit of the game came in the bottom of the 2nd when Mike Schmidt homered to left. I get the 3rd out for the 2nd straight inning, taking a grounder from Barry Bonnell.

Phillies lead 1-0.

I come up in the 3rd with two out and Fran Mullins on 2nd. I flew out to Von Hayes in centre.

In the 5th I came up with two out and Mike Hargrove on 3rd and Mike Jones on 2nd. I struck out.

I snagged another liner for the 3rd out that inning - this time it was hit by Juan Samuel. I am having a great day with the glove, even if not with the bat.

In the 6th the Phils struck again, as Ernie Whitt scored on a sac fly by Schmidt.

Phillies lead 2-0.

With one out and one out in the 7th Robinson reached the end of his rope and Nestor replaced him with Mark Davis. Tom O'Malley also replaced Mike Hargrove at 1st in a double switch.

I came up in the 8th with none out and O'Malley on 1st. I struck out again. Thankfully Kenny Oberkfell later doubled O'Malley home.

Phillies lead 2-1.

In the bottom frame they got it right back as Tim Raines singled Juan Samuel home.

Phillies lead 3-1.

We could not score int he 9th and we had lost again.

I struggled at the plate but played well int the field.

That kind of goes for the whole team.

We are now 63-60 and are falling further and further out of the race we flirted with a month ago.

Time to go home to Canada to face the Expos.

Last edited by rpriske; 10-17-2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:01 AM   #154
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 26th, 1985

Back in Canada to face the Expos.

Montreal is pitching Ed Whitson (8-6, 3.19).
The Giants have Mike Krukow (10-11, 4.14) on the mound.

I have done well against Whitson, going 3 for 7.

Things don't go as well right away as he strike some out to open the game.

I cam up next in the 3rd with two out and nobody on. He struck me out again.

I made my first defensive play in the 4th, grabbing a Pat Tabler grounder for the 2nd out. Leon Durham followed it with a solo homer.

Expos lead 1-0.

I came up in the 6th with Mike Krukow on 1st and nobody out. I singled up the middle, moving Mike to 2nd. Kenny Oberkfell followed with a double, scoring Krukow and moving me to 3rd. They gave Chili Davis the four-fingered salute to load the bags. They struck out Rob Deer and then pulled Whitson in favour of Vern Ruhle. He induced a simple grounder by Bob Brenly, getting me at home and doubling Bob off at first. Talk about a missed opportunity!

Game tied 1-1.

In the bottom half I took a grounder from Durham to end the inning with a man standing on 3rd.

I was due up in the 7th with two on and two out but Nestor decided to go with Mike Hargrove instead, ending my day early. We ended up scoring during his at-bat on a wild pitch by Ruhle. Hargrove ended up walking. We got no more runs but took the lead.

Then meant Tom O'Malley ended up playing short. He is NOT a shortstop.

The Expos ended up tying it back up in the 8th, sending the game to extras. Rob Deer hit an RBI single in the 13th to give us the 3-2 win.

We are 64-60.

I went 1 for 3 before being lifted.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:49 PM   #155
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 27th, 1985

In Montreal and today the Giants are pitching Terry Mulholland (7-8, 4.91).

The Expos are using David Palmer (3-10, 5.67).

I have never faced him.

I change that in a bad way, as he strikes me out to open the game.

I get the first out in the bottom half, taking a grounder from Pat Tabler. Toby Harrah gets an RBI single with two out to put Montreal on the board. In would have been worse if it wasn't for a great catch by Rob Deer.

Expos lead 1-0.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and Fran Mullins standing on 2nd. I grounded out to Leon Durham at 1st, moving Fran up a base. He did not score.

I got Tabler again for the 1st out in the bottom of the 3rd.

In the 4th we tied it up when Mulholland, of all people singled home Rob Deer. I came up behind him with the bases loaded and grounded out.

Game tied 1-1.

I got the 3rd out in the bottom half, taking a Razor Shines grounder.

The Expos got the lead back in the 6th. Terry walked three straight batters to open the inning before Al Cowens cashed in the 1st with a sac fly. He got Shiens to hit into a Mulholland - Priske - Mazzilli double play to end the danger.

Expos lead 2-1.

I led off the 7th, now facing Bill Gullickson. I dropped a ball into shallow left for a single. I grabbed 2nd for Stolen Base #94. Kenny Oberkfell grounded out. With Chili Davis up I tool 3rd for Stolen Base #95. I couldn't find the last 90 feet.

In the bottom half Durham hit a solo homer to pad their lead. One batter later and Terry was out, replaced by Frank Williams. He got out of it.

Expos lead 3-1.

The top of the 8th went better for us. Lee Mazzilli hit a one out double. Fran Mullins walked and Chris Brown hit a pinch-hit three run homer. I singled against Randy St,Clair and stole 2nd, but was left there.

Giants lead 4-3.

Ron Davis took over on the mound. I got the 3rd out for him in the 8th, taking another grounder from Shines. He retired all six batters he faced for a two inning save and we won, 4-3!

65-60.

I went 2 for 5 with 3 stolen bases!

We get tomorrow off before heading home to face the Mets.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:06 PM   #156
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 29th, 1985

The Mets are in town and they are pitching Walt Terrell (9-8, 3.32).
The Giants are going with Atlee Hammaker (10-12, 3.47).

I am 0 for 3 vs Terrell.

I started a nice double play in the 1st, getting Mookie Wilson and Hubie Brooks on a Priske - Mullins - Mazzilli combo.

I led off the home half by striking out.

Atlee struck out the side in the 3rd!

I came up in the bottom half with Atlee on 1st and none out. I singled into right, moving Atlee up to 3rd. Kenny Oberkfell knocked him home with a sac fly, for the first score of the game! Soon after... stolen base #97! The next pitch was a passed ball and I went to 3rd. Chili Davis doubled off the wall and I crossed easily.

Giants lead 2-0.

Atlee struck out three more the next inning (giving up a walk along the way).

In the 5th we got our second Priske - Mullins - Mazzilli double play of the game, erasing Cesar Cedeno and Larry Herndon.

I led off the bottom half by flying out to Mookie in centre. Bob Brenly added to the score by doubling home Chili.

Giants lead 3-0.

Mookie Wilson ended the shut out with a two out solo homer in the 6th.

Giants lead 3-1.

I grabbed a Dave Magadan grounder for the last out in the 7th, with two men in scoring position.

I led off the home half, now facing Scott McGregor, by grounding out to Wally Backman at 2nd.

Atlee struck out the first batter in the 8th before Nestor went to the 'pen, bringing in Ron Davis. I got the 2nd out int he 9th, handling a grounder from Darryl Strawberry. Ron truck out Cedeno to end it and we had the 3-1 win!

I went 1 for 4 with a run scored and a stolen base.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:22 PM   #157
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 30th, 1985

Tough match-up today as the Mets are pitching Dwight Gooden (11-4, 2.25).
The Giants have Jeff Robinson (8-10, 4.35).

I am 2 for 8 vs Doc.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by striking out. Chili Davis hit a solo homer to start us off right!

Giants lead 1-0.

I got the 2nd out in the 2nd off a Cesar Cedeno grounder.

I next got the 1st out in the 3rd off a grounder by Gooden.

I came up in the bottom half with two out. He struck me out again.

In the 5th I dropped an easy pop-up by William Max. There is no excuse for that. Sloppy. Sloppy. Sloppy. That is my 21st error. Jeff bailed me out.

I came up in the 6th with none out and Mike Hargrove, who had pinch hit for Jeff, on 1st. I lined out to Strawberry in right. A wild pitch and an error later and Hargrove crossed!

Giants lead 2-0.

Mark Davis took over pitching duties. He pitched one inning and then Nestor went with Scott Garrelts. I got him the 1st out in the 8th, off a Hubie Brooks grounder.

I led off the bottom half by working a walk off Gooden. Doc then pitched a little too far in on Kenny Oberkfell and we were both on. We tried a double steal and I made it to 3rd but Kenny got thrown out behind me. I never made it the last stretch.

I made the 1st out in the 9th with a Mike Fitzgerald grounder. Two strikeouts later and we just shut out Doc Gooden and the Mets!

67-60.

I went 0 for 3 with a walk.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:54 PM   #158
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

August 31st, 1985

You get past Dwight Gooden and who do you get from the Mets? Sid Fernandez (14-5, 2.58).
The Giants have Mike Krukow (10-11, 4.07).

I am 1 for 6 vs Sid.

I got the last out in the 1st off a Mookie Wilson grounder, saving a run.

I led off the home half by hitting a double into the right field corner! I quickly take 3rd with stolen base #98! Chris Brown scores me with a sac fly.
Did that make Sid mad? He hit the next batter.
He paid for it as Kenny Oberkfell later pushed Chili across.

Giants lead 2-0.

I got Dave Magadan for the 3rd out in the 2nd.

I came up with one out in the 2nd. I struck out.

In the 3rd Hubie Brooks scored Wally Backman, with a little help from a bad throw by Mike Jones.

Giants lead 2-1.

In the top of the 5th we ended thing with a nice Priske - Oberkfell - Hargrove double play to get Magadan and Lenny Dykstra.

I led off the bottom half by flying out to Mookie Wilson in centre.

I came up next in the 7th, with two out and Hargrove on 2nd. I grounded out to Hubie at short.

The Mets managed to tie the game in the 8th when Hubie got a two out RBI single, scoring Dykstra from 2nd.

Game tied 2-2.

It didn't stay that way long. Chris Brown led off the bottom half with a double. They intentionally walked Chili. One out later Bob Brenly singled him home. Brian Harper pinch hit for Oberkfell and walked. Lee Mazzilli pinch hit for Hargrove and doubled all three baserunners home!

Giants lead 6-2!

Mark Davis took the mound for us in the 9th. He gave up a walk, but that is it and we won again!

68-60. That is five in a row!

I went 1 for 4 with a run scored and a stolen base.

It is September call-up time!

Lots of guys are being added to the roster.

Bill Laskey, Mark Grant, Mark Calvert, Mike Aldrete, Steve Nicoscia, Terry Harper, Eddie Vargas, Alejandro Sanchez, Guy Sularz, Scott Thompson, and Keith Smith.

Nice to see Aldrete and Harper back.

Sularz and Smith are shortstops. I predict more early exits for me in the future.

Old 10-30-2017, 04:03 PM   #159
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 1st,1985

Our larger roster is still facing the Mets. New York is pitching Ron Darling (16-4, 2.56).
The Giants are responding with Terry Mulholland (7-8,4.88).

The New York pitching just never lets up.

I am a big fat goose egg for ten vs Darling.

We got some defensive action early as I was pivot on a Mulholland - Priske - Mazzilli double play to erase Cesar Cedeno and Hubie Brooks. We couldn't stop the Mets,though as Wally Backman scored on a Dave Magadan single. Then Lenny Dykstra doubled, scoring Darryl Strawberry and Magadan.

Mets lead 3-0.

I led off the home half, down already, by finally getting a hit against Darling - a little roller to the left side that I outran. I quickly picked up stolen base #99. Kenny Oberkfell double behind me and I scored!

Mets lead 3-1.

We got another double play in the 2nd. This time it was Priske - Sularz - Mazzilli DP to get Cedeno and Brooks yet again!

I came up in the 2nd with two out and one Harper (Brian) on 3rd and another (Terry) on 2nd. I hit a scorcher on the right side but Backman made a great catch to end me.

In the top of the 3rd Dykstra doubled Strawberry home. Larry Herndon singled home Dykstra.

Mets lead 5-1.

In the 4th we got one back as Sixto Lezcano pinch hit for Mulholland and hit a sac fly, scoring Brian Harper. I grounded out to end it.

Mets lead 5-2.

Mark Calvert came in to pitch the 5th. He isn't a rookie. He got in 18 games for the Giants a couple of years ago.

Things didn't go great for him as he gave up an RBI double to Mike Fitzgerald, scoring Magadan.

Mets lead 6-2.

Lee Mazzilli doubled home Child Davis for us in the bottom frame.

Mets lead 6-3.

We bailed out Calvert in the 6th, getting Strawberry and Magadan with a Priske - Sularz - Mazzilli double play.

I came up in the bottom half with two out and Guy Sularz on 2nd. Darling struck me out.

I took a Herndon grounder to end the top of the 7th.

In the 8th Calvert walked in a run after Strawberry took his FOURTH base on balls in the game (tying a Mets record). Magadan then doubled, scoring two more.

Mets lead 9-3.

Ron Davis took over pitching duties in the 9th.

I came up in the potential last outing, with one out and facing Roger McDowell. I popped out to Kevin Elster at short. Rob Deer knocked Kenny O in before it was over but it was far to little as we lost to the Mets, 9-4.

We are 68-61.

I went 1 for 5 with a run scored and stolen base #99.

The Phillies are in town tomorrow.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:22 PM   #160
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 2nd, 1985

The Phillies are in town and are pitching Charles Hudson (10-6, 3.92).
The Giants are going with Randy Morse (1-1, 5.86).

Not a great match-up, but I am 2 for 3 vs Hudson.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by dumping a 3-1 pitch into centre for a single. Then I picked up a big milestone... stolen base #100! Think I stopped there? No way. Stolen base #101 took me to 3rd. Kenny Oberkfell grounded out, but I scored.

Giants lead 1-0.

In the 2nd I snagged an Ernie Whitt pop-up for the 3rd out.

In the 3rd the Phils scratched Cliff Johnson cross to tie things up. Then Craig Reynolds singled home Jeff Stone.

Phillies lead 2-1.

I came up in the bottom of the 3rd with two out and singled into centre again. I ran again and avoided the tag with a nice slide for stolen base #102! I was left there.

We tied it back up in the 4th when Bob Brenly smacked a double, scoring Mike Aldrete.

Game tied 2-2.

I came up in the 5th with on out and Fran Mullins on 1st. I hit into a fielder's choice. Then Kenny O singled and I went to 2nd. That was it.

In the 7th pinch hitter John Russell reached on an error by Chili Davis and then Juan Samuel homered, giving the lead back to Philadelphia.

Phillies lead 4-2.

Despite going 2 for 3 already, as well as stealing 3 bases, when I was due to hit in the 7th with two on and none out, Nestor pinch hit for me.

We ended up losing 4-3.

I am NOT happy.

Pinch hit for me when I am slumping, sure. But today? No way!