Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
srv340mike
Bat Boy

2014 Offseason Quickstart

I keep a running save that I update with most changes and transactions as they happen. I've decided to make a quickstart out of it to share.

Its a big file since it includes facegens and logos and uniforms and whatnot. Its accurate (mostly) as of the morning of today, December 3rd, 2014.

File here: MLB 2014-2015.quick

Also see my rotating interleague schedule download here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...schedules.html
srv340mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Andy Dirks Blue Jays and AJ Happ are on the Free Agent Market but no biggie.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #3
MFZERO
Bat Boy

Just downloaded this. I am new to the OOTP series, how do I install/where do I put the files?
MFZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #4
srv340mike
Bat Boy

Just unzip it into the the quickstart folder in the OOTP directory
srv340mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #5
DiMaggio5CF
All Star Reserve

Does it have accurate 2014 stats?
DiMaggio5CF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:22 AM   #6
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

add to ootpmods.com, under templates

and created a wikipage

OOTP Community Wiki | srv340mike's 2014 Offseason Quickstart

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:30 AM   #7
Joely410
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by srv340mike View Post
I keep a running save that I update with most changes and transactions as they happen. I've decided to make a quickstart out of it to share.

Its a big file since it includes facegens and logos and uniforms and whatnot. Its accurate (mostly) as of the morning of today, December 3rd, 2014.

File here: MLB 2014-2015.quick

Also see my rotating interleague schedule download here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...schedules.html
Registered here to say thanks for this, a good way to get in to my first game of ootp whilst having some actual offense to play with on the Red Sox.

Should the prospects be downgraded so much, though? Some of the best farm products at the Red Sox are at just one star potential.

Thanks again.
Joely410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:30 PM   #8
Kip
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack View Post
add to ootpmods.com, under templates

and created a wikipage

OOTP Community Wiki | srv340mike's 2014 Offseason Quickstart
Any idea when the next update will be coming out since these Winter Meetings was like an episode of the Real House Wifes... jesh, now I know how my wife feels when she watches those stupid shows! I couldn't turn off the TV during the winter meetings this year!

GO FISH!
Kip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:01 AM   #9
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip View Post
Any idea when the next update will be coming out since these Winter Meetings was like an episode of the Real House Wifes... jesh, now I know how my wife feels when she watches those stupid shows! I couldn't turn off the TV during the winter meetings this year!

GO FISH!
I don't make the files, I just host & post the ones that are either sent to me, or that I gather in my travels around the forums.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:30 AM   #10
Sumi31
Bat Boy

Downloaded the file and tried to unzip it into the quickstart folder, but I am receiving an error message everytime I do. Can't recall the messager verbatim, but it basically says unable to unzip the file name.

Thoughts as to what I may be doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. Thanks for the link to the quick start.

Last edited by Sumi31; 12-16-2014 at 02:35 AM.
Sumi31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:07 AM   #11
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Downloading now. Pre-emptive thank you for all the hard work.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #12
Phantom
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumi31 View Post
Downloaded the file and tried to unzip it into the quickstart folder, but I am receiving an error message everytime I do. Can't recall the messager verbatim, but it basically says unable to unzip the file name.

Thoughts as to what I may be doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. Thanks for the link to the quick start.
What did you do?

I can't figure it out. I have the OOTP files in front of me and don't see any Quickstart folder so I don't know where to put the files I just downloaded.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #13
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
What did you do?

I can't figure it out. I have the OOTP files in front of me and don't see any Quickstart folder so I don't know where to put the files I just downloaded.
In my Win 7 setup it is D:\OOTP15\data\quickstart_games.

Obviously your drive and upper level folders may be different.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #14
Phantom
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
In my Win 7 setup it is D:\OOTP15\data\quickstart_games.

Obviously your drive and upper level folders may be different.
I think my problem may be that I downloaded the game through Steam.

In my OOTP15\data\ I don't have "quickstart_games", just Fonts, Skins, Backgrounds, and a couple other files.

I do however have another folder, OOTP15\default_data\quickstart_game_files.tar

I found the other quickstart files and tried to plug in the extracted one that I just downloaded, but no dice when I tried to load it on OOTP - it just didn't show up. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong I'd love an explanation because I think I'm on the right track.

I'll keep messing with it. Thanks for the tip, but our files are different
Old 12-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #15
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

my path is

C:\Users\jazz\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 15\quickstart_games

Old 12-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #16
Phantom
Bat Boy

Alright, I've been messing with this for the past hour or so, and it's a little more complicated that I thought. For me, at least.

I made a post on the subreddit (reddit.com/r/ootp) so I'm just gonna copy and paste what I wrote there.

Hey /r/ootp[1] ,
I downloaded a quickstart file, MLB 2014-2015.quick[2] , this one in particular.

I bought OOTP15 through Steam last night. The directory to get to the Quickstart folder is a little different if you download through Steam or buy it directly from the developers website, and thus the information provided to me isn't what is needed to get this to work.

Here's what I've found out so far:
The folder where the quickstart files are located is Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/OOTP Baseball 15/default_data/quickstart_game_files

The part that is causing me trouble is that the "quickstart_game_files" is a .tar Archive file

When I open quickstart_game_files.tar, my 7ZIP (program for opening zipped files that many of you probably use) opens and allows me to look through the "quickstart_games" folder.

Upon opening that, I find the following folders:
All Time Greats.quick
Majors.quick
US Baseball.quick
MLB 2014-2015.quick, the one I put from my download.

When I open OOTP15 and select New Quickstart, all of those options EXCEPT for the one I am trying to play show up as options. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

When I click on All Time Greats, Majors, or US Baseball (the folders located in the 7Zip I was referring to a minute ago, NOT the OOTP game), it shows another file with the same name, but with a .tar extension on the back end (All Time Greats.tar) along with another .txt file for the description, which is obvious. Inside of those .tar folders are all of the .dat files, which are game files.

Am I supposed to make a .tar file out of the folder that I originally downloaded? At this point I'm pretty much baffled. I'd really like to get this to work so I don't have to play with the old rosters.
Thanks.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:37 PM   #17
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think my problem may be that I downloaded the game through Steam.

In my OOTP15\data\ I don't have "quickstart_games", just Fonts, Skins, Backgrounds, and a couple other files.

I do however have another folder, OOTP15\default_data\quickstart_game_files.tar

I found the other quickstart files and tried to plug in the extracted one that I just downloaded, but no dice when I tried to load it on OOTP - it just didn't show up. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong I'd love an explanation because I think I'm on the right track.

I'll keep messing with it. Thanks for the tip, but our files are different
OK. FWIW that is my QS folder in the Steam version.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 12-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #18
Phantom
Bat Boy

Quote:
OK. FWIW that is my QS folder in the Steam version.
Have you tried importing a Quickstart file into your Steam version? If not, can you fiddle with it for a second to see if you run into the same issues I'm having?
Old 12-28-2014, 06:45 PM   #19
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have you tried importing a Quickstart file into your Steam version? If not, can you fiddle with it for a second to see if you run into the same issues I'm having?
It works fine.

The issue is not Steam related IMO. May I suggest you close up then restart the game and check what your data file path is under settings/expert. Go to the "troubleshooting" tab and find where your saved games are. There should be nothing in the default_data folder other than *.tar files. All user data should be in the\\Data folder which should contain about 30 sub folders. See the screenshot below. You need to find out where this is on your computer and then set a custom data path to that location under the expert tab. Once that is done put the zip file from the QS in under quickstart_games and extract it.It will show up on the QS screen.

Hope this makes sense.
Attached Images

RichW

Old 12-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #20
Phantom
Bat Boy

Quote:
--
Wow, that was easy. I was caught up looking at files that were in my Steam folder when I should have been in an entirely different place.

Clicking on the "open folder containing saved games" button opened up \Documents\OOTP Baseball 15\, and that's where I should have been from the start.

Thanks for the help, time to see how awesome this game is.