Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Sept 1 Rosters Quickstart

By basically eschewing other forms of civilized life except beer league hockey the last few weeks, I've managed to catch all the way up to tonight in my 2014 league that was based on my 2014 Opening Day roster adaptation.

I've processed every roster move from opening day through Sept 1 for every level through the AZL and GCL.

The rosters should be 99% accurate at all levels when compared to MiLB.com. There may be some guys who retired or released in real life, but I didn't have a record of them (I started with March 1 transactions). I'm currently working back through the pre-season moves to try to catch those guys.

Players who were drafted are on the teams that signed them. Be warned that their stats may not reflect their real life abilities if they weren't already in the game. When I encountered a player who didn't exist, I cloned a player of that position of that handedness of the same or nearly the same height, weight and age.

The same goes for any free agent signings that needed to be created.

Things that aren't done: A lot of the contracts that were signed during the season aren't in yet.
I'm also going to try to write a program to parse the MiLB transaction data in a spreadsheet to have it automatically update player history files with transactions for 2014. It's currently 26,657 rows deep of data, though roughly 33-30% of those are duplicates. When a player is transferred between levels, there is an entry for it for each level.

Some of the things I found in playing the 2014 MLB games using actual SPs and starting lineups:
1) The Angels suck. Through 143 games, the Angels are 19 wins behind reality. Toronto, Baltimore and San Francisco are 14 games low. Kansas City is 11 games low.
2) The Tampa Rays and Chicago White Sox are 15 wins higher than real life. Boston is 11 wins up.

Seattle, Oakland and the Dodgers have the same number of wins, San Diego, Washington and Philadelphia are all 1 or 2 games above. Milwaukee and St. Louis are 1 or 2 games below.

The quickstart is located here.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
philthepat

This is excellent! I appreciate all of the work involved in doing this!
philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:40 PM   #3
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

What date does League start on because theirs one from last year I think and some how Gregory Polanco was moved so in that person league he had Trades on.
Up to date Standings or Stats?
Old 09-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #4
millhousebc
Minors (Double A)

can anyone upload this as one complete download. I d/l all the pieces, but when I put it together, the game will not load.

Thanks, if possible
millhousebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #5
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I like your Rosters but when you start to sim you have to manually active people even if you don't control team. Also noticed you owner a lot of teams and took a couple times to take over Cardinals but do get Player Transaction News but for wrong team because don't own the Nats.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #6
andrewdon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Im having trouble downloading this from google drive, can it be uploaded to zippyshare or something like that?
andrewdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #7
azepeda
Minors (Double A)

What do I do to get this on my computer so I can play using this quickstart?
azepeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #8
subtle
Minors (Single A)

Seconding the thanks for the hard work but please re-upload in one compressed folder since it's difficult to go through and download every single file from your Google Drive.
subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:10 AM   #9
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

If you want this year's Playoff Teams just take like Royals and A's replacing the Teams that are in your Wild Card playing in Game for AL.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #10
Fashoda
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Could someone explain which of the files I need to download to make this work? I tried and failed.
Fashoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:12 PM   #11
YankeePhan1234
Bat Boy

Anyway someone can upload it to a different site? Anytime I try to download from Google Drive it tries to convert all of the files and therefore it crashes as soon as I try to load it in OOTP.
YankeePhan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #12
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

tried to download a couple of different things from google drive now ... can never get it to work

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #13
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

If you want to combined Teams faster you would have to affliate another League like this Years Cardinals/Royals
Old 10-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #14
William Satterwhite
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtle View Post
Seconding the thanks for the hard work but please re-upload in one compressed folder since it's difficult to go through and download every single file from your Google Drive.
If you have a Drive account you can download the all of the files as a zip
William Satterwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #15
YankeePhan1234
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Satterwhite View Post
If you have a Drive account you can download the all of the files as a zip
I've done that but when it downloads it just puts all the files into 1 folder and they aren't sorted into required folders for a quickstart to run so it just crashes if you try and load it.

It seems like it's just harder than it needs to be to download and try your quickstart. Why not just upload it to a file sharing site where anyone can download it?
YankeePhan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:48 PM   #16
Dave from Boston
Minors (Single A)

Sept Rosters

Would LOVE to use this Roster if I could only figure out how to load it in.
Can anyone provide step by step instructions on how to handle these files?

Thnx
Dave from Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #17
Sox2013
Minors (Single A)

Step by step instructions would be excellent. I can't figure out how to get this downloaded, and I'd love to use it.

Thanks!
Sox2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #18
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

yeah I can't open it on Google Drive ... I finally opened a Bowl Bound file through there but have had zero luck with this one

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #19
nandito88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Count me as someone else who would appreciate some instructions on how to get these files to work from Google drive.

Thanks!
nandito88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #20
Sig
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I was able to download the files from google docs and load them properly. However, the game always crashes upon simulating the first game. Is this because it was built on an older version (pre-patch?) I'm running 15.6 build 34
Sig is offline   Reply With Quote