Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Want to Purchase OOTP15, But Can't Download

Not good with computers.
I have downloaded OOTPB since OOTP3 and had no problem.
This year I go to the website, choose the thread to purchase OOTP15 (Patch 1).
Select Download from Main Server and save the file.
Go to my Download folder on my computer, double click on the exe file... then get a message that OOTPsetup.exe is not compatible with Win32 apllication.

The first time I downloaded OOTP15, I was asked what did I want to open it with... I did not know which application to choose, so finally selected Windows Player... apparently this wasn't the right thing to use.

I deleted the OOTP15 exe file and downloaded the game again... when I closed the download site It said I would delete 4 downloads... when I went to my download folder on my computer, it showed four exe files and one new exe file... I deleted the four exe files and the latest exe file from Downloads and went back and did the process again... after four attempts to download the game, now I have 15 exe files in my Download folder... the game website apparently keeps track of my download attempts and doesn't delete them.

How can I de-select Windows Player as the default application?

Which application should I have chosen... I use Foxfire as my browser, but didn't see it listed... Windows Explorer, Open Office and PDF were choices, too.
I use No-Scripts to avoid pop-up ads and malware... could this be the problem?
I did give permission for No-Scripts to allow OOTP15.

I am using Windows 7 (64-bit).

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 04-21-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

Go to Control Panel > Default Programs > Set Default Programs. There should be a list of programs to the left. Choose Windows Media Player, then the 'Choose defaults for this program' option. You're going to see a list of files associated with Windows Players. Uncheck .exe and save.

You don't need to choose any program to open an .exe. Maybe try right clicking and choose "Run as administrator".

I also have No-Script. Doesn't sound like that it's the problem. If it was, you probably wouldn't be able to see the page or download the file in the first place. Might be an incomplete or corrupted download.
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Follow the instructions MUFC1878 game you, Eugene. I'll bet it fixes your problem. And happy gaming!
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, guys.

Your help is very much appreciated.

I just want to get my money to Markus as soon as possible in gratitude for a great game. He has given me much, much pleasure over the last 12 years. In recent years I always pay the full price to help him out a little bit. If you guys can afford it, I would hope you would consider doing this, too.

I realize everybody can't do this. I'm just fortunate to be able to do it.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:45 PM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Follow the instructions MUFC1878 game you, Eugene. I'll bet it fixes your problem. And happy gaming!
Greetings, pstrickert.

Was the PBP updated much this year? I know you have been working on it for years now and have always done a superlative job. I remember working with you and tysox (?) on the Beta Team for several years.

How about the News Stories? Any progress there on covering the playoffs and the regular season progress?
Old 04-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #6
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Not much has been done with the news stories (though Markus added some new tokens, so, presumably, the articles will include some added details in the future). PbP is continually being refined and updated with new lines. Hundreds of lines have been added since last year. (Just a rough estimate since I didn't keep track this time.)
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Not much has been done with the news stories (though Markus added some new tokens, so, presumably, the articles will include some added details in the future). PbP is continually being refined and updated with new lines. Hundreds of lines have been added since last year. (Just a rough estimate since I didn't keep track this time.)
Thanks for the update on the PBP and News.

And thanks for working so long and so hard on the PBP. You have certainly made it much better.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC1878 View Post
Go to Control Panel > Default Programs > Set Default Programs. There should be a list of programs to the left. Choose Windows Media Player, then the 'Choose defaults for this program' option. You're going to see a list of files associated with Windows Players. Uncheck .exe and save.

You don't need to choose any program to open an .exe. Maybe try right clicking and choose "Run as administrator".

I also have No-Script. Doesn't sound like that it's the problem. If it was, you probably wouldn't be able to see the page or download the file in the first place. Might be an incomplete or corrupted download.
Everything went fine. The game really looks good so far.

Thanks for helping me out.

I'm simming through the 2014 Major League season tonight to get familiar with the game. I have been playing my dynasty league using OOTP12. I bought 13 and 14, but did not use them very much. Once the final update comes out for OOTP15 I will create a new dynasty league. My current one is in its 45th season. I intend to end it after 50 seasons, which should be about July.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 04-21-2014 at 11:22 PM.